Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

1 minute ago, Maineman1988 said:

Mom has passed, but thanks for posting a pic of a great coach. Hopefully y’all get oNe someday. 

On a serious note, sorry about your mom. My Mom passed on too. We are more than happy with our coach. Good coach and sets a good example for the kids.

Seeing that the were ruled eligible already by the DEC twice( no matter circumstances) they are eligible to the point deemed ineligible. Therefor, they were not not knowingly or unknowingly using them. Even though new. evidence  came later.  It is the responsibility of the DEC of the first time to determine residence. If any questions came up, should have had an investigation at 1st to determine compliance. Ineligible 1st do investigation then this would have never happened. For this reason, I believe they will not have to forfeit. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Seeing that the were ruled eligible already by the DEC twice( no matter circumstances) they are eligible to the point deemed ineligible. Therefor, they were not not knowingly or unknowingly using them. Even though new. evidence  came later.  It is the responsibility of the DEC of the first time to determine residence. If any questions came up, should have had an investigation at 1st to determine compliance. Ineligible 1st do investigation then this would have never happened. For this reason, I believe they will not have to forfeit. 

Exactly. You can’t tell someone thy they are within the rules and then say “whoops, you didn’t follow the rules”.  That’s like telling someone that they don’t have to dribble a basketball  and then telling them that they are traveling. 

41 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Exactly. You can’t tell someone they they are within the rules and then say “whoops, you didn’t follow the rules”.  That’s like telling someone that they don’t have to dribble a basketball  and then telling them that they are traveling. 

yup, unless it's the NBA and your Lebron James 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

59 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

So it shouldn’t matter that they lied about their residence ?  At least my interpretation of what’s been said.   They were ruled eligible based on invalid information provided. If your logic is that the schools should have verified the information given then that is saying the schools can’t trust information provided from each other and have to verify it. If so we are living in sad times. They just based their decision on the information they were provided and trusted it was accurate. If the end result was the correct decision then they should absolutely forfeit wins because they knew exactly what they were doing. Either way they will most likely make the playoffs which is all that matters. 

• Thanks 3

I think in the first two meetings they conveniently left out the fact they were living with their uncle and he was coaching and had played under briles for years.  Had this been disclosed at first none of this would of happened and they would of been dqed from the get go.  It's cool that you can bend the truth( not telling everything) then think that because you got away with it you should be good.  Great logic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

I think in the first two meetings they conveniently left out the fact they were living with their uncle and he was coaching and had played under briles for years.  Had this been disclosed at first none of this would of happened and they would of been dqed from the get go.  It's cool that you can bend the truth( not telling everything) then think that because you got away with it you should be good.  Great logic.

I think in the end, you would have to prove that the school knew that the boys residence was sketchy. Probably knew but there’s a chance they didn’t. 

13 hours ago, HS1988 said:

Here ya go Pyle, when you get done sniveling, maybe mama will let you hang this on your wall.

screen-shot-2019-08-06-at-1.54.22-pm.jpg

When accountability is absent and the highest level school administrator can’t make a decision without the nod of the church or Baylor alumni, this type of behavior will continue. MV is its own worst enemy. It’s absurd to think the school was unaware. Even more disturbing, school officials gambled with students eligibility. Seems they have developed a culture of “Cheat to Compete.” This is certainly not their first rodeo with UIL and I’m sure it won’t be their last.  

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Integrity said:

When accountability is absent and the highest level school administrator can’t make a decision without the nod of the church or Baylor alumni, this type of behavior will continue. MV is its own worst enemy. It’s absurd to think the school was unaware. Even more disturbing, school officials gambled with students eligibility. Seems they have developed a culture of “Cheat to Compete.” This is certainly not their first rodeo with UIL and I’m sure it won’t be their last.  

I personally thinks he needs to shave