Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

4 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

They weren’t standing outside a 6A stadium that’s home to a football team that will produce college recruits. They were waiting to watch a football team that would consistently underthrow passes, that would play boys in pads that look too big for them, that would miss easy extra-point kicks. This is 3A ball.

And.....
3A high school football is closer to the bottom of the barrel than most people might have expected him to scrape.

Why do you have to bash 3A football?

3a football in Texas is better then any big city ball up in north. I promise you that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheShadowKnows said:

3a football in Texas is better then any big city ball up in north. I promise you that.

I can confirm this. Having living in the Springfield, MO area for a while and having covered HS football there, including a number of state championship games, I can tell you with confidence that the upper echelon of 3A in Texas would win the 6A state title here most years. Heck, last year's Newton team would've run every team in Missouri out of the stadium, no matter how big they were.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HS1988 said:

Never played ineligible move ins. There is a process. Rules. Procedures.  I know you don't get it. But that's ok. That's why you dont get to make decisions. Except whether or not to type stupid posts comparing legitimate transfers to those that violate UIL policy. I know, somebody else MUST be to blame, but sorry to say, HS didn't write UIL policy. We just follow it. 👌

I’m all for the process, rules, and procedures. The problem I have is that they had to go through the process 3 times to find something wrong. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I’m all for the process, rules, and procedures. The problem I have is that they had to go through the process 3 times to find something wrong. 

So what your saying is if you dont catch your wife cheating the first 2 times then the 3rd time it makes it ok. Lol

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

2 minutes ago, mustang1113 said:

So what your saying is if you dont catch your wife cheating the first 2 times then the 3rd time it makes it ok. Lol

No. He is saying in the United States we have a double jeopardy law that says you can’t be tried multiple times for the same crime. Completely different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Airitout1 said:

No. He is saying in the United States we have a double jeopardy law that says you can’t be tried multiple times for the same crime. Completely different.

If all appropriate info was delivered the 1st time around then it’s over with. 

36 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Also allows the liberals to come in later and doe pop a team when they winning to mess up the dist order and then saying (I guess we were wrong)..if Mt.v is cleared then anyone who jumped in to cause a loss should have to forfeit one for falsifying a statement...lol 

Hard to doe pop them if their poop is in order and everyone is legit...

• Stinks 1

36 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

What I’m saying is D7’s DEC is acting like a bunch of libatards! 

Yep, cause doing what's right and making sure everyone follows the same set of rules is the liberal way....

However, what is liberalism is bending the rules, getting caught, then blaming everyone else for your problems..

31 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If they knew there was more info coming, why have the second meeting instead of waiting for the info. If they weren’t aware that there was more info, why didn’t everyone vote the first time? This is more fishy than what’s going on in MV. 🤣🤣🤣

Everyone didnt vote the first time..it was only 3-0

1 minute ago, StangtilDeath said:

Yep, cause doing what's right and making sure everyone follows the same set of rules is the liberal way....

However, what is liberalism is bending the rules, getting caught, then blaming everyone else for your problems..

Everyone breaks rules. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Everyone breaks rules. 

I ain't gonna say everyone doesn't, I know lots of people who walk the straight and narrow.  I speed, drink a couple beers then drive, cuss in public in front of women, and probably other things. However, there are rules set in place for a reason.  You can take that risk and break them and never get caught or you may get caught the first time. Im just glad you and I are in agreement that Mt Vernon broke the rules.  Now they gotta pay the ticket.  

11 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

I ain't gonna say everyone doesn't, I know lots of people who walk the straight and narrow.  I speed, drink a couple beers then drive, cuss in public in front of women, and probably other things. However, there are rules set in place for a reason.  You can take that risk and break them and never get caught or you may get caught the first time. Im just glad you and I are in agreement that Mt Vernon broke the rules.  Now they gotta pay the ticket.  

Y’all (UG or Gilmer or HS) whichever coattail you’re riding breaks rules. 

I’ve never once said MV did not break rules. No one on this thread (that’s actively posting) knows whether they have or have not. 

27 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Everyone didnt vote the first time..it was only 3-0

You may want to read my comment again. Did they not vote because they knew there was more info? And if that’s the case, why have a meeting without introducing all the info. Something don’t seem quite Kosher with this process. 

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’ve never once said MV did not break rules. No one on this thread (that’s actively posting) knows whether they have or have not. 

Naw but they ready to convict somebody already. They remind me of the Mike Brown supporters. 

7 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

You may want to read my comment again. Did they not vote because they knew there was more info? And if that’s the case, why have a meeting without introducing all the info. Something don’t seem quite Kosher with this process. 

I am assuming the two that abstained had their reasons, but thats' not public record, you dont have to give a reason for abstaining.

The thing is when the vote is taken no one really knows if that's all the information at hand when voting.....its not like Mt Vernon is going to say on Sept 15 "hey guys there MIGHT be more info that comes out later so please dont vote" and the schools bringing the info aren't going to bring the info to the meeting unless they know they have all their info...why would a school only bring half the info forward in a complaint?? It would benefit the schools bringing the complaint to have all their ducks in a row right away so if the players are ineligible they wouldnt play...Pretty sure Hughes Springs wishes all the info was brought to the table sooner since they had to play MV with the two kids who are now in question

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

I am assuming the two that abstained had their reasons, but thats' not public record, you dont have to give a reason for abstaining.

The thing is when the vote is taken no one really knows if that's all the information at hand when voting.....its not like Mt Vernon is going to say on Sept 15 "hey guys there MIGHT be more info that comes out later so please dont vote" and the schools bringing the info aren't going to bring the info to the meeting unless they know they have all their info...why would a school only bring half the info forward in a complaint?? It would benefit the schools bringing the complaint to have all their ducks in a row right away so if the players are ineligible they wouldnt play...Pretty sure Hughes Springs wishes all the info was brought to the table sooner since they had to play MV with the two kids who are now in question

Checking prices...lol 

Bottom line here is a neutral party is going to hear all the info on Tuesday...if they think the DEC had an axe to grind they'll rule in the favor of Mt Vernon...but if they rule those two kids are ineligible I think it'll speak for itself

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Ain't nobody riding coattails Richard, iv got family in all three schools...one in band and two others are varsity football.  What do you have at Tatum? Or do you just watch and talk about how good you were in the gap?

Edit: forgot about my niece's-ones varsity cheerleader/volleyball other is JV cheerleader/volleyball...I support all of my family