Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I am assuming the two that abstained had their reasons, but thats' not public record, you dont have to give a reason for abstaining.

The thing is when the vote is taken no one really knows if that's all the information at hand when voting.....its not like Mt Vernon is going to say on Sept 15 "hey guys there MIGHT be more info that comes out later so please dont vote" and the schools bringing the info aren't going to bring the info to the meeting unless they know they have all their info...why would a school only bring half the info forward in a complaint?? It would benefit the schools bringing the complaint to have all their ducks in a row right away so if the players are ineligible they wouldnt play...Pretty sure Hughes Springs wishes all the info was brought to the table sooner since they had to play MV with the two kids who are now in question

You ever go to the zoo and argue with the aardvark? Your really close here.....🙄

19 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Ain't nobody riding coattails Richard, iv got family in all three schools...one in band and two others are varsity football.  What do you have at Tatum? Or do you just watch and talk about how good you were in the gap?

Edit: forgot about my niece's-ones varsity cheerleader/volleyball other is JV cheerleader/volleyball...I support all of my family

Sensitive much? No need or name calling is there? If things are that stressful for you maybe you should take a step back. #coattailingainteasy

28 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I am assuming the two that abstained had their reasons, but thats' not public record, you dont have to give a reason for abstaining.

The thing is when the vote is taken no one really knows if that's all the information at hand when voting.....its not like Mt Vernon is going to say on Sept 15 "hey guys there MIGHT be more info that comes out later so please dont vote" and the schools bringing the info aren't going to bring the info to the meeting unless they know they have all their info...why would a school only bring half the info forward in a complaint?? It would benefit the schools bringing the complaint to have all their ducks in a row right away so if the players are ineligible they wouldnt play...Pretty sure Hughes Springs wishes all the info was brought to the table sooner since they had to play MV with the two kids who are now in question

Then why not vote and if/when new info comes to light, call another session? I guess I just don’t get why they didn’t go ahead and vote the first go around. 

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Then why not vote and if/when new info comes to light, call another session? I guess I just don’t get why they didn’t go ahead and vote the first go around. 

I thought they did call another vote?? Maybe the first time they smelled fish but couldn't find any on the table so they held off on voting...

43 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

I thought they did call another vote?? Maybe the first time they smelled fish but couldn't find any on the table so they held off on voting...

I know comprehension isn’t your strong suit. I know they voted multiple times just weird that some would vote and other would abstain if they thought there was more info coming. Why would the ones that voted go ahead and vote the first time if there was more info available? Just seems like if there was more info out there that nobody would have voted. Plain and simple, just don’t make sense to me. 

19 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I know comprehension isn’t your strong suit. I know they voted multiple times just weird that some would vote and other would abstain if they thought there was more info coming. Why would the ones that voted go ahead and vote the first time if there was more info available? Just seems like if there was more info out there that nobody would have voted. Plain and simple, just don’t make sense to me. 

I hope you can math, because Reason is way out of your league. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Agree. Makes sense. 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:06 AM, StangtilDeath said:

The UIL handbook regarding DEC meeting states that if your school brings the allegations and is involved with filing the complaint, you are not allowed to vote at the hearing.

Also, if you were at the DEC hearing last week, you know there were four votes taken on four different matters, not just the one vote that the media and other people keep referencing.  

34 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

The UIL handbook regarding DEC meeting states that if your school brings the allegations and is involved with filing the complaint, you are not allowed to vote at the hearing.

Also, if you were at the DEC hearing last week, you know there were four votes taken on four different matters, not just the one vote that the media and other people keep referencing.  

Please no facts. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Oh no on the contrary, I'm excellent at reading comprehension. That's why it puzzled me why you were asking about the third vote when you've been on the bandwagon with the other people who think what Mt Vernon did nothing wrong.  Y'all just go ahead and keep eating those chips in the store and throwing the wrapper behind the shelves.  Nobody knows means you did nothing wrong right?

24 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Oh no on the contrary, I'm excellent at reading comprehension. That's why it puzzled me why you were asking about the third vote when you've been on the bandwagon with the other people who think what Mt Vernon did nothing wrong.  Y'all just go ahead and keep eating those chips in the store and throwing the wrapper behind the shelves.  Nobody knows means you did nothing wrong right?

Can you do me a favor? I don’t have the time but can you go back and find the post where people said MV didn’t do anything wrong? Thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Can you do me a favor? I don’t have the time but can you go back and find the post where people said MV didn’t do anything wrong? Thanks in advance. 

It's funny, I don't have the time either.  Most of y'all on here and fssw app sticking up for them, don't play like ya ain't fella.

• Thanks 1