Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's only illegal if you get caught. It's no different than anything else. Can't catch ever criminal. Every school goes through their fair share of hearings. This one just had a little more tangible evidence than the rest. Stories didn't corroborate. Come on now. 

it's illegal whether you get caught or not.......character and morality have all but vanished since liberalism has been allowed to gain a foothold in our society........

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FlowJack said:

I guess the big question is:  If the 2 Colorado kids were deemed ineligible because they came to MV for athletic reasons, why are all the other kids in Northeast Texas (or all over Texas for that matter) that transferred for athletic reasons not deemed ineligible, too?

Because they don’t have an uncle working as an assistant coach pretending to be part of a documentary film crew.

• Like 1

Word it how you wish. Take it in or out of context. You get what I'm saying. The world doesn't revolve around what "everyone" is doing. If you get caught, you can't justify the actions by what "everyone" does. If it's wrong, it's wrong. If you don't want to get caught, just don't do it. There's nothing to shake one's head at. It's wrong. Point blank period. This just so happened to be wrong on way more levels than just 2 kids moving in from Colorado. It's was wrong all the way around. 

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Word it how you wish. Take it in or out of context. You get what I'm saying. The world doesn't revolve around what "everyone" is doing. If you get caught, you can't justify the actions by what "everyone" does. If it's wrong, it's wrong. If you don't want to get caught, just don't do it. There's nothing to shake one's head at. It's wrong. Point blank period. This just so happened to be wrong on way more levels than just 2 kids moving in from Colorado. It's was wrong all the way around. 

So you have proof that Briles pulled the strings? Maybe it was behind Briles back. Maybe Hawthorn did it on his own. Maybe the 2 boys knew Hawthorn was going to MV and it was their idea to ask Unc if they could stay in his trailer. In the end, they getting what they deserve, the boys included. 

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

See that’s what I think. It’s hard to fathom Briles would put his self out there like that to me. 

They wanting to blame Briles before they have proof. They wanting to blame Hawthorn. They wanting to blame the school. What about holding the boys responsible for their part in it?

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

See that’s what I think. It’s hard to fathom Briles would put his self out there like that to me. 

Which makes it all the more baffling that the family would say they had no contact with Hawthorne prior to coming. That could be the biggest red flag there was. 

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

So you have proof that Briles pulled the strings? Maybe it was behind Briles back. Maybe Hawthorn did it on his own. Maybe the 2 boys knew Hawthorn was going to MV and it was their idea to ask Unc if they could stay in his trailer. In the end, they getting what they deserve, the boys included. 

What I'm saying is, it's a community wide mentality. There is no chance that everyone within that school system was oblivious to what was happening. I mean, it's blatantly obvious to the outside world. You literally hire a coach that's already had his morality in question more than once, and then allow something like this to happen.

So Briles recruited Lynx Hawthorne, which you would never be able to do without at least somewhat getting to know the family. Hawthorne played under Briles for 5 years. Hawthorne went to Italy with Briles to play football in another country. They obviously know each other very well, especially for Hawthorne to decide to start doing documentary on him. 

Yeah, you're right. There's no way he  knew about it. Poor Coach Briles. Trouble just seems to follow him everywhere these days. I'll pray for him. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

So Briles recruited Lynx Hawthorne, which you would never be able to do without at least somewhat getting to know the family. Hawthorne played under Briles for 5 years. Hawthorne went to Italy with Briles to play football in another country. They obviously know each other very well, especially for Hawthorne to decide to start doing documentary on him. 

Yeah, you're right. There's no way he  knew about it. Poor Coach Briles. Trouble just seems to follow him everywhere these days. I'll pray for him. 

This.  I don’t believe for a second that the nephews didn’t come up in conversations with Briles & Hawthorne in Italy after Briles accepted the job in May.  The documentary is a lot more valuable if MV wins and goes really far in the playoffs or possibly wins a State Title.  More footage and bigger wow factor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I would say the ice is broke. This ruling tarred his image a little more. I don’t think he knew but that’s not what the media will run with. 

They will do whatever it takes to bring him down even if includes bringing down the kids as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

What I'm saying is, it's a community wide mentality. There is no chance that everyone within that school system was oblivious to what was happening. I mean, it's blatantly obvious to the outside world. You literally hire a coach that's already had his morality in question more than once, and then allow something like this to happen.

First, I’ve never said he hasn’t done anything wrong. But I also don’t know that he has. I pray to God that I don’t get charged with a crime and have all y’all yahoos on the jury. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

This.  I don’t believe for a second that the nephews didn’t come up in conversations with Briles & Hawthorne in Italy after Briles accepted the job in May.  The documentary is a lot more valuable if MV wins and goes really far in the playoffs or possibly wins a State Title.  More footage and bigger wow factor.

Nah Dawg, that's wrong. There's no way he knew. Totally oblivious. I just feel bad for Coach Briles. He just has all this negative backlash and illegal activity just following him, almost hovering over him. The poor guy can't escape. He's the best coach there ever was and ever will be, so he couldn't possibly know. 

• Like 3

Just now, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

First, I’ve never said he hasn’t done anything wrong. But I also don’t know that he has. I pray to God that I don’t get charged with a crime and have all y’all yahoos on the jury. 

Lol because we're going to prosecute you for doing exactly what the evidence shows you did? We're not prosecuting Briles. All I said was that the kids were a casualty to the new system instilled at MVU. Be it the administrations fault, or whomever it is you think deserves blame. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Nah Dawg, that's wrong. There's no way he knew. Totally oblivious. I just feel bad for Coach Briles. He just has all this negative backlash and illegal activity just following him, almost hovering over him. The poor guy can't escape. He's the best coach there ever was and ever will be, so he couldn't possibly know. 

A wise man once wrote “I’ve got some oceanfront property in AZ......if you’ll buy that I’ll throw the Golden Gate in free.”

• Like 2