1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

49 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Undefeated seasons: Waskom 4  - EF 1

Playoff wins: Waskom 34 - EF 33

State Champions - Waskom 2 - EF 0 

EF: 3-1

Waskom 1-3

Live in the present, sports is typically what have you done for me lately. Not what have you done for me a few years ago. Otherwise you sound like a bunch of has been old dudes sitting around the coffee shop, saying geez, we sure were great!

Besides, I notice you didn't put state championship appearances up there, cause I'm pretty sure EF has got more of those than Waskom. How long of a time span are those stats over? Cause it looks like Waskom stats were probably racked up from '13-15'.  Before and after that what ya got?  Living off your glory days when fate smiled down on you and blessed yall with a couple of players that carried your team on their back for a couple of years. Not exactly a tradition of excellence.

7 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

EF: 3-1

Waskom 1-3

Live in the present, sports is typically what have you done for me lately. Not what have you done for me a few years ago. Otherwise you sound like a bunch of has been old dudes sitting around the coffee shop, saying geez, we sure were great!

Besides, I notice you didn't put state championship appearances up there, cause I'm pretty sure EF has got more of those than Waskom. How long of a time span are those stats over? Cause it looks like Waskom stats were probably racked up from '13-15'.  Before and after that what ya got?  Living off your glory days when fate smiled down on you and blessed yall with a couple of players that carried your team on their back for a couple of years. Not exactly a tradition of excellence.

So is LittleILL4 your son?

2 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

So is LittleILL4 your son?

Took a lot of brain power to figure that out. Obviously not trying to hide behind some pseudonym. Yes, #4 is my son, not sure how little he is.  He's already larger than your avg. man. Well on his way to BIGILL status. Done pretty well for himself too! According to ET sports he's 8th in the ETX area for tackles, and never has set foot on a football field as a Mike LB or any defensive position for that matter! Didn't notice any Waskom kids names over his! If Ford ever decides to set him loose he'll be racking up receiving yards, YAC, & TD receptions too!

#FREE4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Took a lot of brain power to figure that out. Obviously not trying to hide behind some pseudonym. Yes, #4 is my son, not sure how little he is.  He's already larger than your avg. man. Well on his way to BIGILL status. Done pretty well for himself too! According to ET sports he's 8th in the ETX area for tackles, and never has set foot on a football field as a Mike LB or any defensive position for that matter! Didn't notice any Waskom kids names over his! If Ford ever decides to set him loose he'll be racking up receiving yards, YAC, & TD receptions too!

#FREE4

Amen. 

2 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

#FREE4

My question wasn’t meant in a negative way but I can see from your arrogance that you’ll fit in well in EF. 

10 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

My statement had nothing to do with facts and everything to do with how you presented the facts.

I was of the understanding that this platform is for talking trash (with in reason and in good taste) & carrying water for each of our respective teams. It's in that respect that all of my previous statements have been made. I hold no personal animosity towards you or any other of your fellow Wildcat fans, nor anyone else for that matter. Hell, I'm practically part Wildcat myself cause my Daddy graduated from Waskom back in '74 and I have plenty of friends that have ties to Waskom.

Having said that, when you mentioned my son, you started down a sketchy road. Not knowing you, I am left with one assumption with your comment. You're either taking a personal dig at me/him or setting up a personal dig at me/him. So I responded the way I did.  Then in passive aggressive fashion, you crawfished saying you didn't mean anything negative by it. You could have chosen your words more wisely had you not meant offense.  Then in your subsequent post, you took to calling me names, i.e. arrogant. It's been my experience that when an individual begins the name calling, he has realized defeat. Insults are their only recourse cause they have nothing intelligent left to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

This might as well be a Waskom/EF thread. Bears sent the Tigers into hibernation. 

Gotta handle the troll'ers NATUREBOY. Wildcats itching to put their two cents in when they weren't asked.  Then get butt hurt when you give it back. They'll have their time to handled up on!

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

Ford ever give you a reason he doesn’t play on offense? Sounds like he’s an incredible asset on defense and maybe he’s trying to save his legs for that reason. As I stated before, in small town football we don’t have that luxury. Gotta put the best guys out there. If that means 8 or more go both ways then so be it. 

Reason we have been given is that he doesn't have a back up at MLB for him. Which doesn't carry much weight with me. I played small town iron man football myself, and you're right. Best 11 on the field at all times.  If that means everyone plays both ways then so be it. This week, I don't see much of an option for Ford cause he has one starting receiver with a busted paw.  However, that player started this past Friday night with the injury, and was targeted.  Unsuccessfully targeted of course.  So, he essentially played with one less receiver all night. It beats all I've ever seen.  Hoping this week we see a change.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

#FREE4

copter.gif

13 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Reason we have been given is that he doesn't have a back up at MLB for him. Which doesn't carry much weight with me. I played small town iron man football myself, and you're right. Best 11 on the field at all times.  If that means everyone plays both ways then so be it. This week, I don't see much of an option for Ford cause he has one starting receiver with a busted paw.  However, that player started this past Friday night with the injury, and was targeted.  Unsuccessfully targeted of course.  So, he essentially played with one less receiver all night. It beats all I've ever seen.  Hoping this week we see a change.

I am just responding to the first sentence of this quote. 

That reason doesn't hold water then. Not calling Ford a liar or anything, just saying that reason doesn't hold water. Who was EF's MLB last year? Another kid that wore #4. Did the MLB last year, #4, play offense? After thinking about it, why yes, yes he did play offense. He played RB and received a lot of carries. Did EF have a backup MLB last year? Didn't seem like it because #4 was on the field at all times last year playing MLB. Your son doesn't have to be on the field for every snap of offense, but at least use him half the offensive plays and give him some targets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I am just responding to the first sentence of this quote. 

That reason doesn't hold water then. Not calling Ford a liar or anything, just saying that reason doesn't hold water. Who was EF's MLB last year? Another kid that wore #4. Did the MLB last year, #4, play offense? After thinking about it, why yes, yes he did play offense. He played RB and received a lot of carries. Did EF have a backup MLB last year? Didn't seem like it because #4 was on the field at all times last year playing MLB. Your son doesn't have to be on the field for every snap of offense, but at least use him half the offensive plays and give him some targets.

I 100% agree. He doesn’t have to play every down but he should definitely be seeing more of the offensive side of the football than he has. So far all he’s let him do is block and threw him a bone with a few 2-point conversions. 

If you recall last Friday night, #4 had his ankle stepped on in a dog pile. He came out for the rest of that defensive stand. Did EF roll w/o a MLB!? I think not! Had a back up in there! I can handle the truth whatever that might be, but the truth ain’t the fact that he doesn’t have a backup for  him.

Football teams usually have their best outcomes when they have players of high caliber in multiple positions. That opens up opportunities for everyone. Can’t double team multiple players or spy multiple players cause then you make yourself vulnerable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BIGILL79 said:

Its very frustrating to understand lol