Daingerfield vs Elysian Fields

tigernationfan

Who wins  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I am just responding to the first sentence of this quote. 

That reason doesn't hold water then. Not calling Ford a liar or anything, just saying that reason doesn't hold water. Who was EF's MLB last year? Another kid that wore #4. Did the MLB last year, #4, play offense? After thinking about it, why yes, yes he did play offense. He played RB and received a lot of carries. Did EF have a backup MLB last year? Didn't seem like it because #4 was on the field at all times last year playing MLB. Your son doesn't have to be on the field for every snap of offense, but at least use him half the offensive plays and give him some targets.

Ford doesn't have the mind set to be a small school coach, he carries a big school approach, only a few people will understand what I mean by saying this. 

2 hours ago, Fblife13 said:

Trust me dfield will bounce back against ef. We will win by 13. We got something to prove now. 

I believe Dfield will bounce back and be ready for EF. I think they will play a good game vs EF. I do not beleive they win by 13. Could they win, absolutely. If they do, will it be a shock? Absolutely Not. But I do not think EF loses by 13. If EF can get a couple of stops on defense, EF wins this game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

Its very frustrating to understand lol

Very frustrating to sit and watch. Especially with what I've seen of his receiving abilities. Not to say, he's never dropped a pass or anything or he has no room for improvement.  Conservatively speaking, he's at least better than EF's least skilled starting receiver.  That should at minimum earn you some passes tossed your way.

I agree with DeBerry Jacket's statement above.  This weeks game between DF & EF could go either way.  It's a huge game for both.  DF needs the win to regain some confidence as well as put a W in their district win column. Falling 0-2 in district could break their spirit and send them headed towards the cellar of the district.  I say that cause the way this district is shaping up, there really aren't any easy W's to be had. It's gonna be everyone brawling for one of those post season spots.  EF needs the win to solidify the team and shake off any lingering self doubt.

EF is going to have to show up on D with focus and discipline. None of these da personal fouls that extend drives. Keep ball carriers and receivers in front of you. Break down and form tackle. Wrapping up and keeping your feet underneath you is a must! DO IT!

Offense, use your weapons! You've got the talent, use it! Block till the whistle & keep those legs pumping. Concentrate and catch the dang ball!

If EF can manage those fundamentals, perform them consistently, and have a couple big plays...…..EF moves to 2-0 in district play

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Very frustrating to sit and watch. Especially with what I've seen of his receiving abilities. Not to say, he's never dropped a pass or anything or he has no room for improvement.  Conservatively speaking, he's at least better than EF's least skilled starting receiver.  That should at minimum earn you some passes tossed your way.

I agree with DeBerry Jacket's statement above.  This weeks game between DF & EF could go either way.  It's a huge game for both.  DF needs the win to regain some confidence as well as put a W in their district win column. Falling 0-2 in district could break their spirit and send them headed towards the cellar of the district.  I say that cause the way this district is shaping up, there really aren't any easy W's to be had. It's gonna be everyone brawling for one of those post season spots.  EF needs the win to solidify the team and shake off any lingering self doubt.

EF is going to have to show up on D with focus and discipline. None of these da personal fouls that extend drives. Keep ball carriers and receivers in front of you. Break down and form tackle. Wrapping up and keeping your feet underneath you is a must! DO IT!

Offense, use your weapons! You've got the talent, use it! Block till the whistle & keep those legs pumping. Concentrate and catch the dang ball!

If EF can manage those fundamentals, perform them consistently, and have a couple big plays...…..EF moves to 2-0 in district play

solved.gif

@BIGILL79 we all know why #4 not playing offense.  I don’t care who gets mad at me lol if Jackson plays offense then a certain WR #10 won’t play much or any at all and Ford not going to let that happen.  Now I know for political reasons you can’t say that but I really don’t care lol #Free4 #JacketPride 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

5 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

I was of the understanding that this platform is for talking trash (with in reason and in good taste) & carrying water for each of our respective teams. It's in that respect that all of my previous statements have been made. I hold no personal animosity towards you or any other of your fellow Wildcat fans, nor anyone else for that matter. Hell, I'm practically part Wildcat myself cause my Daddy graduated from Waskom back in '74 and I have plenty of friends that have ties to Waskom.

Having said that, when you mentioned my son, you started down a sketchy road. Not knowing you, I am left with one assumption with your comment. You're either taking a personal dig at me/him or setting up a personal dig at me/him. So I responded the way I did.  Then in passive aggressive fashion, you crawfished saying you didn't mean anything negative by it. You could have chosen your words more wisely had you not meant offense.  Then in your subsequent post, you took to calling me names, i.e. arrogant. It's been my experience that when an individual begins the name calling, he has realized defeat. Insults are their only recourse cause they have nothing intelligent left to say.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself. 

33 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

@BIGILL79 we all know why #4 not playing offense.  I don’t care who gets mad at me lol if Jackson plays offense then a certain WR #10 won’t play much or any at all and Ford not going to let that happen.  Now I know for political reasons you can’t say that but I really don’t care lol #Free4 #JacketPride 

IF! That is the case....and I certainly hope it’s not. But, IF that is the honest truth. That’s a shame cause I really like the guy.  He brought both my older boys in and made them feel welcome and I’ve seen that he truly cares about our boys! However, if what you say is fact, that’s not gonna work. Not much success can be had from that practice. Placing yourself or one player over the team is exactly the opposite of what a coach should do! Any coach that manages a team based on personal interests or politics must not value his job very highly cause there ain’t much room for daddy ball in TX HS FB. I’ve seen AD/HC’s drummed out for lesser offenses.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

IF! That is the case....and I certainly hope it’s not. But, IF that is the honest truth. That’s a shame cause I really like the guy.  He brought both my older boys in and made them feel welcome and I’ve seen that he truly cares about our boys! However, if what you say is fact, that’s not gonna work. Not much success can be had from that practice. Placing yourself or one player over the team is exactly the opposite of what a coach should do! Any coach that manages a team based on personal interests or politics must not value his job very highly cause there ain’t much room for daddy ball in TX HS FB. I’ve seen AD/HC’s drummed out for lesser offenses.

It’s not a fact but it’s my personal opinion of the situation and given the fact #4 is a better athlete and a better option but we keep seeing the same WR group every week only leaves us with our own personal opinions and your right no room for that in TX HS FB! I hope I am wrong and you get a better explanation but I couldn’t let this Convo happen with out it being mentioned.  #Free4  

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Look, I don't agree with some stuff Ford does, but I support him and the team and other sports at EF for the most part. I do not think that is his reason or only reason or however you want to put it. #4 can fill in for a couple of the receivers out there that have had plenty of drops. And I'm not gonna specifically call out a kids number on here negatively and it get taken the wrong way. I am just saying there are some other kids that have dropped passes that #4 could fill in for or split time with and do a better job than they are doing. It will also give the ones that are allowed to play both ways a chance to rest a series. He can catch and block so you aren't taking a risk by putting #4 in. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Jacket fans, maybe y’all should hire Nelson. Wouldn’t have these problems. He keeps a tight ship over in Dfield. Just a suggestion. Mull it over amongst yourselves. 

I will make the executive decision for the EF crowd and say negative, we will stick with what we have over him! LOL

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Jacket fans, maybe y’all should hire Nelson. Wouldn’t have these problems. He keeps a tight ship over in Dfield. Just a suggestion. Mull it over amongst yourselves. 

That would also take away a lot of your fun and entertainment on here. You wouldn't get to dog Daingerfield out as much if they made a change

7 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Look, I don't agree with some stuff Ford does, but I support him and the team and other sports at EF for the most part. I do not think that is his reason or only reason or however you want to put it. #4 can fill in for a couple of the receivers out there that have had plenty of drops. And I'm not gonna specifically call out a kids number on here negatively and it get taken the wrong way. I am just saying there are some other kids that have dropped passes that #4 could fill in for or split time with and do a better job than they are doing. It will also give the ones that are allowed to play both ways a chance to rest a series. He can catch and block so you aren't taking a risk by putting #4 in. 

Nothing good will come out of calling out a kid on here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Nothing good will come out of calling out a kid on here. 

I agree. That is why I did not post a name or number of a kid. They are 16, 17, 18 year old kids. They have school all day, practice after school and go home. They don't have specialized training or get to train for 8 hours or watch film for 8 hours a day. They are doing what they can. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I agree. That is why I did not post a name or number of a kid. They are 16, 17, 18 year old kids. They have school all day, practice after school and go home. They don't have specialized training or get to train for 8 hours or watch film for 8 hours a day. They are doing what they can. 

I wasn’t putting kid down he is a good kid but I couldn’t make my point without giving a # or a name I decided # was best option I wasn’t saying nothing negative about the kid at all just giving my opinion on why #4 wasn’t being allowed to play Offense and giving the number only was enough info for EF fans to understand what I was saying.  I love all our boys #JacketPride 

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

Alot of people see the same stuff we see, but they choose to let it go and be satisfied with a first rd playoff game with a lose, not too long ago a first rd victory was a given every yr for this program. 

• Like 1