Daingerfield vs Elysian Fields

tigernationfan

Who wins  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

I cant remember what year it was 95, 96, or 97. The Tigers won the game.  The game was in Pittsburg. After the game as fans were leaving out the east end of the stadium, there were some young alums from Pittsburg jumping Tiger fans, starting fights. Got pretty ugly.  There were several Pittsburg alums arrested. The Daingerfield Superintendent, stated that Daingerfield would never play another non playoff game against Pittsburg.  That's what I remember. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

I cant remember what year it was 95, 96, or 97. The Tigers won the game.  The game was in Pittsburg. After the game as fans were leaving out the east end of the stadium, there were some young alums from Pittsburg jumping Tiger fans, starting fights. Got pretty ugly.  There were several Pittsburg alums arrested. The Daingerfield Superintendent, stated that Daingerfield would never play another non playoff game against Pittsburg.  That's what I remember. 

Slicks that about what I figured. I was explaining to NB not only was there tension on the field, but also tension between the fans. In the 80s there was a hospital in Pittsburg(not the new one) Workers in there both had kids playing on the teams. After the games it was hard for the workers to coexist because of the outcome of the games. The Tigers had DA as the coach and he didn't mind letting the Tigers completely bury their feet in the Pirates ###.  Good thing the Tigers didn't play them in 08,09,10 with Bowman because it probably would of gotten pretty nasty. I'd guess those outcomes weren't forgotten because the current Pitt Superintendent was actually the Superintendent for Dfield at that time. 

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Slicks that about what I figured. I was explaining to NB not only was there tension on the field, but also tension between the fans. In the 80s there was a hospital in Pittsburg(not the new one) Workers in there both had kids playing on the teams. After the games it was hard for the workers to coexist because of the outcome of the games. The Tigers had DA as the coach and he didn't mind letting the Tigers completely bury their feet in the Pirates ###.  Good thing the Tigers didn't play them in 08,09,10 with Bowman because it probably would of gotten pretty nasty. I'd guess those outcomes weren't forgotten because the current Pitt Superintendent was actually the Superintendent for Dfield at that time. 

Yeah, but I think she has retired.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:15 PM, upullinmychain said:

Ols enough to remember garland having two schools, north and south garland. And I've witnessed many good games in the time the lord has blessed me with brother. Loves me some highschool football and Texas is as fine as can be found... Facts 

Chain, you must be getting real old because Garland high and South Garland were the first 2 schools in Garland. North didn't open until the 70's. 

On 9/28/2019 at 3:15 PM, KrookedWolfe said:

Yes Pitt was good in 85. Only 2 loses they had were to Dfield. Once in distract and the other in the Quarterfinals. The Tigers went on to beat Cuero at State that year. The Globblers had Qb Brad Goble and RB Robert Straight, both ended up making a impact at Baylor.

3 Losses in 85. In the playoff  game Tried to intimidate DA by keeping the kids in the dressing room an extended time. DA walked the kids to the end zone. Once PB came out and got settled on the sidelines DA walked the kids back and the roar from Tiger fans was deafening. All over once the basket ball rolled across the field.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BunzT said:

3 Losses in 85. In the playoff  game Tried to intimidate DA by keeping the kids in the dressing room an extended time. DA walked the kids to the end zone. Once PB came out and got settled on the sidelines DA walked the kids back and the roar from Tiger fans was deafening. All over once the basket ball rolled across the field.  

That was awesome, sends ya chills cuz you can remember that moment. Wasn't any intimidating DA and that was proven when he let his Tigers loose💪🐅. Final score was 42-13 or something like that. We had some real fans in those days. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only game close to that roar was the winning touchdown pass vs Cameron Yoe in 2010.

You had to have been at the 68 State game against Lufkin Dunbar. 7-6  Strong DHS fans go back 50-60 years. We have evolved into a society that only wants to take and not give up nothing.  The best "team " we saw in the 82-85 run was Wylie's band. Awesome. However if Bill Goodson had still been there he would have slammed them. Bill started a tradition in the 60's where the band would leave the band hall with a faint drum beat. When they made the turn heading downhill it started getting louder and even louder when they came thru the gate and in front of the crowd the entire band took off and worked the crowd into a frenzy. Not many places where the band threw the first punch. Most never got over it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BunzT said:

You had to have been at the 68 State game against Lufkin Dunbar. 7-6  Strong DHS fans go back 50-60 years. We have evolved into a society that only wants to take and not give up nothing.  The best "team " we saw in the 82-85 run was Wylie's band. Awesome. However if Bill Goodson had still been there he would have slammed them. Bill started a tradition in the 60's where the band would leave the band hall with a faint drum beat. When they made the turn heading downhill it started getting louder and even louder when they came thru the gate and in front of the crowd the entire band took off and worked the crowd into a frenzy. Not many places where the band threw the first punch. Most never got over it.

That was 82 when we had Thomas Everett when we played Wylie wasn't it? I'm not trying to discredit our new band directors, but I really do wish they would bring back some of Bill's traditional ways. Maybe that would help fill up our stadium, put fans in the seats instead of being all scattered around and give the kids great fan support. The louder we are the harder and more motivated the boys will play. 

20 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

That was 82 when we had Thomas Everett when we played Wylie wasn't it? I'm not trying to discredit our new band directors, but I really do wish they would bring back some of Bill's traditional ways. Maybe that would help fill up our stadium, put fans in the seats instead of being all scattered around and give the kids great fan support. The louder we are the harder and more motivated the boys will play. 

Played Wylie in 84. In 82 beat Winnsboro in Bi Dis then lost to McGregor in Area 12-8

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BunzT said:

These newer fans , don't have a clue what it use to be like in Tiger Nation  Bunz