Daingerfield vs Elysian Fields

tigernationfan

Who wins  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, MARLINDOGS said:

LOL Yeah u are right . You know what u are talking about 4 sure

Lol thx MARLINDOGS,  so do you and BunzT. I've been around a long time. I'm wondering though, I know that DA went to Henderson, but what happened to Coach Mayfield? That old saying "Boys let's have a party in the backfield"🤣 Did he go with DA? Those were the good old days💪.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:40 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

He was at Pewitt awhile. Was he the brains behind those juggernaut defenses or DA? Or was it a lot of talent. That 83 team had to be just dominating talent. No DC is going to scheme good enough for 14 shutouts. And 8 points allowed. Those numbers still make me shake my head. 

Oh I'm sure it was a joint effort between all the coaches, but he was good. Those 83 Tigers were loaded with talent. Those 8 points allowed was 2 to Kilgore for a snapped punt over the head and 6 to Carthage. Carthage TD was earned they had a good Rb as I remember. In 84, Medina Valley just had a good team. Won it in 85, but lost in 86 to Jefferson. They ended up winning State that year against Cuero.( In my opinion Dfield should of beat them that game,  but we lost 14-7))Jefferson had Kris and Kevin Smith both ending up at A&M and Terry ###) forgot his last name, but he ended up the principal at out Jr High a few years ago. Heck all our teams have talent on them, just think about that 2010 team with the handful of D1 players. Won it in 08, 09. Went to State in 1999 with Coach McFarland, lost to Newton. We had a stand out team in either 02,03, when we had Coach Randy McFarland, but lost in the Semifinals against Midland Greenwood. 2011 under Coach Sardenia a bad ref call, lost to Melissa in the Quarterfinals. They ended up winning State. Made it to State in 2012, but mistakes killed us vs Cameron Yoe. 2013 was standout and I thought we'd win it that year, but our boys hands got cold vs New Boston in MP(Quarterfinals) lol, that's after we had beat them in district earlier that season lol.Don't get me started I'll write ya a book on a lot of years the Tigers could have trophies, but slight mishaps messed us up. Really the only blowouts we've had was the loss to Gilmer 43-0 in Mt Pleasant 02, or 03. First game vs  Southlake Carroll in 87 or so and that blowout last year vs Newton in the Quarterfinals.  Dfield is gonna be okay, but to be standout we're gonna have to return that TigerPride..

On 10/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Wolfe you shake hands with Captain Daingerfield ? You been around awhile lol. 

Yes I served in the Biggest Battle in America, in the Hawkins parking lot🤣Lol. I support these Tigers regardless. I'm not one of these newbies just starting to jump on the bandwagon when we won State in 2008,2009,2010. There's a lot of them lol.   I support the old red,white and blue or these blue ones. They all play in that jungle🐅  

5 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

He was at Pewitt awhile. Was he the brains behind those juggernaut defenses or DA? Or was it a lot of talent. That 83 team had to be just dominating talent. No DC is going to scheme good enough for 14 shutouts. And 8 points allowed. Those numbers still make me shake my head. 

Harville pretty much made that defense. Then Mayfield took it over. The DEF had 10 seniors n 1 junior & Off had 10 juniors n 1 senior 

5 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Lol thx MARLINDOGS,  so do you and BunzT. I've been around a long time. I'm wondering though, I know that DA went to Henderson, but what happened to Coach Mayfield? That old saying "Boys let's have a party in the backfield"🤣 Did he go with DA? Those were the good old days💪.

Yeah he went with DA.. Mayfield now lives in Briles Country

• Thanks 1

In 82 when Mayfield was at PP Grant Teaff and Bill Lane came to DF/PP @PP to scout two awesome athletes on PP. Then they found Thomas Everett.  Lane to Teaff " Coach we can either sign and play this Everett kid or play against him. "  The rest is as they say history. If you dissect every successful run DF has had there is one common denominator...…..great assistants. Great athletes have always been there. Some coaches became legendary, some failed miserably.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, MARLINDOGS said:

True. But there was 1 off that could score on that def and that was Dfield. 

They had the players that were capable of doing it. QB Doug Pittman, RBs Tony Evans, David Whitmore(NFL), Johnie Hurdon, Danny Mitchell. Herman West @WR Stutsman may have been to young WR.... 💪 BTW we had some good lineman Mike Mckurdy. Ladd Freeman, Willie Everett, ###Hurndon(Mr.T) lol. We were loaded both sides of the ball. Obviously others but i don't remember all the names.