Week 5: Alto Yellowjackets (4-0) @ Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs (3-1) - 9/27/2019

StingEmALTO

Alto (4-0) @ Corrigan-Camden (3-1)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Corrigan-Camden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets (4-0) will travel to Corrigan-Camden (3-1) in hopes of avenging last year’s 39-26 loss to the Bulldogs at Jacket Stadium. The Mean Sting defense is playing lights out in the last 3 games with 2 shut outs (Timpson/New Diana), allowing one touchdown to Garrison. The Bulldogs fell to Joaquin 16-14. This is the final tuneup for district play for both teams. Who takes the dub?

I was one of the few who picked ALTO to win their district. The way they are playing (I'm sure it is all players because when you win it is NEVER coaching 😂) they are one of the top teams in the State. A lot of football left in the season, but Alto should roll in this one.

Good luck to both schools and stay healthy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jorr2car said:

I was one of the few who picked ALTO to win their district. The way they are playing (I'm sure it is all players because when you win it is NEVER coaching 😂) they are one of the top teams in the State. A lot of football left in the season, but Alto should roll in this one.

Good luck to both schools and stay healthy

I will be the first to give our coaches their props and the credit! 🙌🙌🙌 Let me tell you: something special is brewing in Alto, Texas. You can feel it. We have been off the radar for a little bit but hard work, kids buying in to what our coaches are selling, and tons of community support are good ingredients for success. We have all the above. AND WE ARE HUNGRY. Are we “back?” Last night was a good indication we are on the right track for sure! 121-7 in the last 3 games. Last night’s defensive effort resulted in Garrison having 49 plays for -17 yards. Throughout Alto Football history, we’ve had some pretty salty defenses. This unit may be right up there with some of the best we have seen.

And I’m gonna take it all in and enjoy EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT. Time is of the essence! Lol  I have two senior nephews out there! This is what we’ve been waiting for! 🐝💪

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I will be the first to give our coaches their props and the credit! 🙌🙌🙌 Let me tell you: something special is brewing in Alto, Texas. You can feel it. We have been off the radar for a little bit but hard work, kids buying in to what our coaches are selling, and tons of community support are good ingredients for success. We have all the above. AND WE ARE HUNGRY. Are we “back?” Last night was a good indication we are on the right track for sure! 121-7 in the last 3 games. Last night’s defensive effort resulted in Garrison having 49 plays for -17 yards. Throughout Alto Football history, we’ve had some pretty salty defenses. This unit may be right up there with some of the best we have seen.

And I’m gonna take it all in and enjoy EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT. Time is of the essence! Lol  I have two senior nephews out there! This is what we’ve been waiting for! 🐝💪

I’m gonna be watching film here after while, how does y’all offense look this year besides the defense being lights out! 

3 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’m gonna be watching film here after while, how does y’all offense look this year besides the defense being lights out! 

We are a little more diverse on offense this season. We’ve always been able to run but our passing game is coming along nicely, which has been a nice surprise. Pretty balanced offense. 

The CC-Joaquin score was a surprise to me last night. Dang CC will be stirred up now!!! 😂 Looking forward to a good contest next week!

31 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

We are a little more diverse on offense this season. We’ve always been able to run but our passing game is coming along nicely, which has been a nice surprise. Pretty balanced offense. 

The CC-Joaquin score was a surprise to me last night. Dang CC will be stirred up now!!! 😂 Looking forward to a good contest next week!

I just watched film on the alto and garrison game!

altos defense is very good! Fast to the ball ..

offense wise .. the RB’S are very hard runners that follow their blocks well! 

#14 and #19 on the receiving end are very good athletes! 

I believe this could turn into a defensive battle next week!  CC ain’t too bad on defense themselves..  we held Joaquin scoreless in the second half until we had the high snap that went over our punters head into the end zone for a safety..  and a few questionable coaching calls ... but I’ll leave that alone for another day...😂

there was several times garrison made stops on defense but couldn’t capitalize on them on offense..  

we will definitely be tested in the air this game! We stop the run pretty good but this will be the first good passing team we’ve faced .. 

if CC can take the loss to the rams as fuel and have a short memory .. i predict a defensive battle to the very end .. 

7 points will be the difference.. 

8 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I just watched film on the alto and garrison game!

altos defense is very good! Fast to the ball ..

offense wise .. the RB’S are very hard runners that follow their blocks well! 

#14 and #19 on the receiving end are very good athletes! 

I believe this could turn into a defensive battle next week!  CC ain’t too bad on defense themselves..  we held Joaquin scoreless in the second half until we had the high snap that went over our punters head into the end zone for a safety..  and a few questionable coaching calls ... but I’ll leave that alone for another day...😂

there was several times garrison made stops on defense but couldn’t capitalize on them on offense..  

we will definitely be tested in the air this game! We stop the run pretty good but this will be the first good passing team we’ve faced .. 

if CC can take the loss to the rams as fuel and have a short memory .. i predict a defensive battle to the very end .. 

7 points will be the difference.. 

You’re ahead of me! 😂 I haven’t watched the game film yet. Good analysis. Funny to hear you say “passing team.”  That’s new! 🤣

I did not realize the high snap was the difference in the CC-JHS game. Wow. That was tight!

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

You’re ahead of me! 😂 I haven’t watched the game film yet. Good analysis. Funny to hear you say “passing team.”  That’s new! 🤣

I did not realize the high snap was the difference in the CC-JHS game. Wow. That was tight!

Y’alls QB can sling it! 😂

and yes sir we was tied up 14 to 14 with close to 3 minutes left in the 4th.. 

the center made a very high snap over the punters head into the end zone..

otherwise that game would have went into overtime i believe.. 

12 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yeah it was 14-14 with around 3 minutes left. A good punt by the Rams pinned CC deep, and I honestly think their staff was playing for OT at that point. They were very conservative on offense down there, and I can’t say I blame them. My friend that was sitting with me said “Boy a bad snap would be awesome right here!” Bam! There it was. Fourth quarter magic bit us last week, paid us back this week. 

13 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Yeah it was 14-14 with around 3 minutes left. A good punt by the Rams pinned CC deep, and I honestly think their staff was playing for OT at that point. They were very conservative on offense down there, and I can’t say I blame them. My friend that was sitting with me said “Boy a bad snap would be awesome right here!” Bam! There it was. Fourth quarter magic bit us last week, paid us back this week. 

Funny how that happens sometime: your friend saying just what you needed and then it happening!! MOJO. lol Y’all have played a couple of back-to-back doozies. Could be back-to-back-to-back with Garrison coming to town! Going to be interesting to watch the District 11 slugfest. Lol 👍

7 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Funny how that happens sometime: your friend saying just what you needed and then it happening!! MOJO. lol Y’all have played a couple of back-to-back doozies. Could be back-to-back-to-back with Garrison coming to town! Going to be interesting to watch the District 11 slugfest. Lol 👍

Top-to-bottom, I’m not sure District 11 is the monster it was a year ago. Currently, none of our district teams look quite as strong as they did a year ago, with the exception of Harleton, who had nowhere to go but up. We will start finding out a lot about things this week for sure. 

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Y’alls QB can sling it! 😂

and yes sir we was tied up 14 to 14 with close to 3 minutes left in the 4th.. 

the center made a very high snap over the punters head into the end zone..

otherwise that game would have went into overtime i believe.. 

I can remember an overtime game a few years back in the playoffs involving CC. FOUR OVERTIMES!!! Ugh CC 18 - Alto 12  2004! Getting to be a LONG time ago. Lol THAT was a battle at Abe Martin!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Top-to-bottom, I’m not sure District 11 is the monster it was a year ago. Currently, none of our district teams look quite as strong as they did a year ago, with the exception of Harleton, who had nowhere to go but up. We will start finding out a lot about things this week for sure. 

Harleton put the smack down on UG. I was surprised by the score! And Timpson is coming along, too. I agree about District 11 maybe not being as strong this year, but I think it will be one of those seasons just like last year where it’s going to take all 6 weeks to get a clear picture. I can still see y’all beating each other up and having some surprises along the way. Makes for great football theater! :munch:lol

16 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I can remember an overtime game a few years back in the playoffs involving CC. FOUR OVERTIMES!!! Ugh CC 18 - Alto 12  2004! Getting to be a LONG time ago! Lol THAT was a battle at Abe Martin!

Played in a mud pit.  Think Abe Martin got turf the following year.

That was a heck of a game. Remember it well.   Both teams we hungry for that win but the bulldogs wanted it more.  

This is game could be a trap for alto if they aren’t careful. CC always plays Alto and Crockett well.  Anyone going to this game shouldn’t expect anything other than a great game.

I loved what I saw from the defense last night for the jackets. QB can sling it for sure. Receivers need just a bit of work on finishing routes and running to the ball. May have just been some timing issues last night but a couple passes looked to me like the receivers could have gotten too. Overall they looked good as well.  Rushing wise strong as usual.  They were challenged by a great defense and over came.  I do think the jackets pull it out but it will be a good one.

53 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

That was a heck of a game. Remember it well.   Both teams we hungry for that win but the bulldogs wanted it more.  

This is game could be a trap for alto if they aren’t careful. CC always plays Alto and Crockett well.  Anyone going to this game shouldn’t expect anything other than a great game.

I loved what I saw from the defense last night for the jackets. QB can sling it for sure. Receivers need just a bit of work on finishing routes and running to the ball. May have just been some timing issues last night but a couple passes looked to me like the receivers could have gotten too. Overall they looked good as well.  Rushing wise strong as usual.  They were challenged by a great defense and over came.  I do think the jackets pull it out but it will be a good one.

I’m predicting a defensive showdown... 

if my bulldogs can fuel off last nights nail biting loss and have a short memory, we gonna have a ballgame on our hands ! 

Im excited for this matchup! All my family will be coming down so hopefully I’ll be welcomed on the jackets side... lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’m predicting a defensive showdown... 

if my bulldogs can fuel off last nights nail biting loss and have a short memory, we gonna have a ballgame on our hands ! 

Im excited for this matchup! All my family will be coming down so hopefully I’ll be welcomed on the jackets side... lol 

Alto fans will be welcoming lol.  I will be working but will be keeping up. 

3 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I remember you saying last year you had family from Alto! Come on over and join us ....but don’t yell too much for the Bulldogs! 😂 You might get some strange looks!  🤣🤣🤣 

Excited for another good week of football! How is the CC JV looking this year?

7 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I remember you saying last year you had family from Alto! Come on over and join us ....but don’t yell too much for the Bulldogs! 😂 You might get some strange looks!  🤣🤣🤣 

Excited for another good week of football! How is the CC JV looking this year?

I’ll try my best to keep quiet.....😂😂 

and our jv is very good! We have 2 freshman running backs that could play on varsity as well...  we have 3 on varsity as it is..