Week 5: Alto Yellowjackets (4-0) @ Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs (3-1) - 9/27/2019

StingEmALTO

Alto (4-0) @ Corrigan-Camden (3-1)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Corrigan-Camden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

7 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How’s yalls enrollment look? Y’all securely in 2A or is there a shot at bumping up to 3A? I hear good things about CC. If y’all beat them then you should make a good showing on top of what y’all already have accomplished. 

We’ll be 2A again and probably forever. Lol We have somewhere between 185 - 195 kids right now. I’m not sure the exact number, but not enough to go up and not enough to go down. 

7 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How’s yalls enrollment look? Y’all securely in 2A or is there a shot at bumping up to 3A? I hear good things about CC. If y’all beat them then you should make a good showing on top of what y’all already have accomplished. 

We’ll be 2A again and probably forever. Lol We have somewhere between 185 - 195 kids right now. I’m not sure the exact number, but not enough to go up and not enough to go down. 

2 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

09 has been talking them up! But Alto is doing great! I gotta pull for CC on this but good luck the rest of the season! 

09 our game is gonna be sooooo close! 

Lol we gotta keep our heads on a swivel tomorrow night .. but I believe we can get it done! 

I’ll be keeping up with y’alls as well! 

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Nature boy we might accidentally get a match up with them calves this year...😂

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

No worries. Good luck to y’all. 

Do you remember when Alto and Paul Pewitt played in Gladewater in 1993? My brother was a freshman on that team and actually got to play in the last quarter when PP was beating us 35-7! That was Coach Gamble’s first season at Alto. I remember the “On the Brahma Trail” signs that PP had leading up to Jack Murphy Stadium. That was a great team y’all had that year!

Alto Travels to Corrigan-Camden 

Alto Yellowjackets (4-0) at Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs (3-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Corrigan

What To Watch For: There's nothing that the Yellowjackets would rather do than to celebrate their Top 10 debut by leaving Polk County with a victory late Friday night. The Bulldogs, who went 10-3 a year ago, fell 16-14 at home to Joaquin (3-1) in their last outing. It has been many a moon since the Bulldogs have lost two games in-a-row at home. Alto seems to be getting stronger and stronger each week, especially defensively. Regardless of playing at home, or on the road, the Mean Sting have met all the challenges so far in 2019. This game should be a real slobber knocker.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-football-previews-troup-to-open-district-against-much-improved/article_75aecb04-df00-11e9-9d90-4b1261a2c4e1.html

• Like 1

FOOTBALL PREVIEW:

Alto (4-0) vs. Corrigan-Camden (3-1)

When/Where: 7:30 p.m. Friday; Bulldog Stadium, Corrigan

Keep an eye on

Alto: QB Harmon West … RB Vidareous High … ATH Jerrion Skinner … WR Marlon Warren … WR Skyler Atkins

Corrigan-Camden: LB Kade Elliott … QB Dohn Freeman … DE Lavis Lazcano … RB Jaylon Hunt

Did you know: West has thrown for 640 yards with seven touchdowns and no interceptions … High has rushed for 435 yards and three touchdowns on 65 carries … Alto has allowed just 27 points this season and has had two shutouts.

Last week: Alto 26, Garrison 7; Joaquin 16, Corrigan-Camden 14

https://tylerpaper.com/sports/highschool/football-previews-rockwall-vs-longview-henderson-vs-rusk-more/article_cc5ac556-e0a5-11e9-9e2b-27af9990d3b4.html