Newton @ Gilmer

Purpleforever

Newton@Gilmer who you got  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

Gilmer is a totally different type of beast that Newton only sees once a year. Gilmer might have advantage on miss-matches and Newton is not used to the  rub and dink passes. This will be a heck of a game. Thank goodness they only play each other once a year. Either way, to beat the best you have to play the best, makes you play-off ready. I think Newton takes it 38-35.Should be a good game either way and pulling for the purple people eaters.

• Like 1

Booking my flight from Beaumont.  Newton gonna yellow dog it to Gilmer. Long haul riding a yellow dog. That's what makes Newton Special. If Gilmers  punting game against Carthage had been better they could've possibly won that game. Yea word is Carthage had a bad game. I think Gilmer had something to do with that. Gonna be a tough one for Newton but I think they pull it off. 

3 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Booking my flight from Beaumont.  Newton gonna yellow dog it to Gilmer. Long haul riding a yellow dog. That's what makes Newton Special. If Gilmers  punting game against Carthage had been better they could've possibly won that game. Yea word is Carthage had a bad game. I think Gilmer had something to do with that. Gonna be a tough one for Newton but I think they pull it off. 

Gilmer had 24 yards rushing and 149 passing and you think the punting game lost it for the Bux?

• LOL! 1

I think if Gilmer can get the running game going, they can win this game. Paris and Carthage both have really good defenses, and I put Newton is just as good I think. Newton can pass if needed, but the run game is their bread and butter. Buckeye defense will have to slow down that running game. I don’t think they can completely shut it down, but they will need to make some stops obviously to stay in it. Question. Did #22 Bush play last night against Carthage??

Just now, SHillBuckeye said:

I think if Gilmer can get the running game going, they can win this game. Paris and Carthage both have really good defenses, and I put Newton is just as good I think. Newton can pass if needed, but the run game is their bread and butter. Buckeye defense will have to slow down that running game. I don’t think they can completely shut it down, but they will need to make some stops obviously to stay in it. Question. Did #22 Bush play last night against Carthage??

Yes.  Didn’t look 100% to me but he didn’t have a limp either.  Hopefully he is full strength by next Fri.

12 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Yes

Carthage should have had at least 50 last night yall can talk about Gilmer being better and all but Carthage missed a chatch in the endzone didnt get a interference call at the 5 that was picked there is alot of things that you can say but if you stop 14 and 22 and pressure the qb all you have to do is score and lord knows they cant punt thats a shame when you have that many kids to choose from but we will bring our 24 kids and play football get ready cause we going to put on a show 

3 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

Carthage should have had at least 50 last night yall can talk about Gilmer being better and all but Carthage missed a chatch in the endzone didnt get a interference call at the 5 that was picked there is alot of things that you can say but if you stop 14 and 22 and pressure the qb all you have to do is score and lord knows they cant punt thats a shame when you have that many kids to choose from but we will bring our 24 kids and play football get ready cause we going to put on a show 

Iron man ball. I respect that. I took Gilmer in the polls but idk why lol... This should be a hell of a show down. Good luck to both squads.