Newton @ Gilmer

Purpleforever

Newton@Gilmer who you got  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I think if Gilmer can get the running game going, they can win this game. Paris and Carthage both have really good defenses, and I put Newton is just as good I think. Newton can pass if needed, but the run game is their bread and butter. Buckeye defense will have to slow down that running game. I don’t think they can completely shut it down, but they will need to make some stops obviously to stay in it. Question. Did #22 Bush play last night against Carthage??

Lol how do u seem to always give analysis and u don’t come to the games seem weird to me 

• LOL! 2

Just watched the Gilmer game on YouTube.  Gilmer has a great defense. Offense looked good at times. I think the quarterback for Gilmer went 0 for 6 on his first six passes. But then came back to play much better. I think this will be a defensive struggle most likely,  just like the Newton, WOS game was. Newton's recievers need to make more catches. They dropped quite a few balls so far this year. Newton will need to be more successful in the passing game to set up the run if they are to win this game.  Newton can't afford to give this game away with turnovers. Not that they have been turn over prone. Gilmer has a little more size up front than Newton.  Newton's defense will need to get to the quarterback to be successful.  They will need to do a little better at getting to the quarteback than Carthage did. If not he won't likely go 0 for six again. Gilmers quarterback showed very little mobility.  Hopefully Newton will be able to pressure him or sack him. He did throw the ball away quite a few times to avoid being sacked. Smart play on his part. It will be a very exciting game. Can't wait 

3 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

We did too. Especially after losing 3 d1 athletes, but we’ve bounced back quickly. This game will show us where we’re at. Newton in another nail biter. 

Beating Silsbee and WO didn't tell enough lol, BTW is that Barlow getting playing time at TCU? 

I have said previously of the "big 3" I think Gilmer because of the brand of offensive football they play has the best chance to beat Newton. That said their qb better be very mobile because the PurpleBeast is gonna bring all out pressure the whole game. For small town USA as good as Carthage is at getting the most out of players Newton my friends is hand down the best at it that I know of.  GO NEWTON!!   FLY HIGH EAGLES!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

I have said previously of the "big 3" I think Gilmer because of the brand of offensive football they play has the best chance to beat Newton. That said their qb better be very mobile because the PurpleBeast is gonna bring all out pressure the whole game. For small town USA as good as Carthage is at getting the most out of players Newton my friends is hand down the best at it that I know of.  GO NEWTON!!   FLY HIGH EAGLES!!

Pound for Pound the undisputed Champion.  Until proven otherwise. 

Gilmer for the win this week. These kids got heart. Despite what anyone might think gilmer has a good team across the board. Still getting the carburetor tuned up but the power train is strong. The ecm looses memory at times but they can play through that. #read between the lines.  I say it this way cause grown people are quick to be in their feelings.  

I have to stick with the Bux this week. I think we can win this game if it is executed right. I think we will need to use the hurry up offense a little more, cut down the penalties on key plays especially. Offense needs to step it up a little and make something happen. Defense looks pretty good, but need to tighten up just a little and make clean tackles. Too many missed tackles because of not wrapping up. Seems like we have them for a loss then give up extra yards on poor tackling. Same thing on special teams we make it down the field fast enough on a punt/kick but fail to stop them in the back.

I like the progress we have made this year, but its the little things that hurt us in the big games. 

We need to be out front first and not get behind on the score board. Playing from behind is hard to overcome a lot of times. Especially when the offense is struggling. Can't wait till Friday. Time to end that winning record of the defending champs. Just need to play Buckeye football!

• Thanks 1