Newton @ Gilmer

Purpleforever

Newton@Gilmer who you got  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

I understand that but your team has proven it has improved from last year. At home and anything can happen. Newton isn't as strong as last year but they are still a elite contender in 3A. 

La Vega wasn't undefeated last year. Neither was PG. 

Keep thinking we aren't as good as last year it will bite you in the but lol

Win or lose, as long as we play up to our abilities,we will be ok. Newton is more of a over 60 years + old town, not retired just over 60 so we don't travel as well as lot of schools but we do enjoy our football and know when you play a quality schedule baring injuries, all will be for the best. I think we can and will win but this game is a game of inches, bounces and breaks ( that why you say on any given night anyone can win )Win or lose my Eagles are getting prepared for the play-offs. To beat the best ,you have to play the best. Prayer for injury free game and both teams to play  their best. Purple Pride never dies.🦅❗

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sbk5280 said:

Man we must have been at a different State Game last year. I dont remember Carthage being there....Oh wait they weren't Liberty Hill beat them to play La Vega LOL...You are probably referring to 2017 I would hope...Just messing with yoi, but a true statement.

Your right, it was and Carthage has a QB that was amazing!

54 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

Your right, it was and Carthage has a QB that was amazing!

It's ok..Carthage is so use to winning State they can't remember all the games. I guess they start blending together. I noticed it in the program as well. I got a chuckle out of it last Friday. When you have a powerhouse of a program it happens lol.

20190923_205343.jpg

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I think Gilmer has a great shot at the upset

I don't think it would be considered an upset. Gilmer should win this game against an almost 2A D1 team. Newton may fall to 2A D1 next alignment. Then what 😲. I call them Giant Killers. 🦅🦅🦅peat..

I know Newton is Back to Back State Champions on a great run. I dont care if they are 3A. There are a lot of teams that have fallen to them that were suppose to win as people say. They have a great program and have my respect. I'm not gonna lie I hope Gilmer shows up and puts on a great show and gets that W to end the streak. I will follow those Figs all the way to state after this game. I dont think anyone in their division will stop them. 

Hoping to follow the Bux to State as well to keep our 5 year tradition going. I'm a homer though lol.

6 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

I know Newton is Back to Back State Champions on a great run. I dont care if they are 3A. There are a lot of teams that have fallen to them that were suppose to win as people say. They have a great program and have my respect. I'm not gonna lie I hope Gilmer shows up and puts on a great show and gets that W to end the streak. I will follow those Figs all the way to state after this game. I dont think anyone in their division will stop them. 

Hoping to follow the Bux to State as well to keep our 5 year tradition going. I'm a homer though lol.

What's the 5 yr tradition? 

2004, 2009, 2014 State Champions this is the next year in the sequence 2019. It can happen for sure. Play hard and make the most of the opportunities we are given. We have the talent it's just getting them to click a little more, but we still have have more time left before district. Then off to the playoffs for a deep run hopefully. 

This should be a great game, but this is high school football. A couple of early turnovers by either team and it could get ugly. Win or lose this is some great competition. It’s anybody’s game, just like y’all it depends on who shows up. I’ll be there Friday night as long as the good lord is willing and the creek don’t rise. I want the win, but all they have to do is play their best and I will be satisfied. No shame in losing to a better foe. Now, how many points are we going to be down before we get off the bus. I’ve heard about y’alls home cooking. LOL

1 hour ago, Newton2003 said:

It's bad when you set your goals to beat a school 2 classes below you lol its kinda like saying BAMA could upset TJC lol man im proud of our program 

Goal? Our goal like yours is to win another State Championship! Short of that we are typically disappointed. This game is just that, a game. Now do we want to win? Yes just like y’all do. We’ve beat teams 2 classes above us and have lost to teams (Newton) 2 classes below us.  Didn’t really think about the classification differences. 

But I guess if y’all lose it does ease your pain to say well they are a bigger school. We lose we say we lost to Newton and people say well so has 33 teams before you. 

10 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

I understand that but your team has proven it has improved from last year. At home and anything can happen. Newton isn't as strong as last year but they are still a elite contender in 3A. 

La Vega wasn't undefeated last year. Neither was PG. 

I disagree.  Newton isn't as strong at QB as last year but overall I think they are a better team.   

1 hour ago, JACKETLIFE said:

If I’m not mistaken a few years back, Newton was aligned to play 2A football but went to UIL and protested to stay 3A! Help me Newton fans. I want to say it made sports news 

Not us, I don't think we would be that crazy. A steady diet of larger schools would get all our administrators fired. I remember it happening but it wasn't Newton.