Newton @ Gilmer

Purpleforever

Newton@Gilmer who you got  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

59 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Thats what Newton does and its been very successful, they been beating teams with this style forever. 

No the playing calling that was called tonight is what was called when we was the third round team every year, the last two  years we have run a totally different offense and now we are back to the old 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newton2003 said:

No the playing calling that was called tonight is what was called when we was the third round team every year, the last two  years we have run a totally different offense and now we are back to the old 

I thought that at the WOS game. Silsbee we mixed it up. 

6 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

Newton was gonna lose again eventually, is this what y'all do when Newton loses a game 

Safe travels to everyone driving back tonight.That is a long drive. Boy I remember the ride back from Newton and know that feeling all to well. You have some studs on your team and will go far. Take this info from tonight and use it down the road. I'm sure ill probably be watching yall at State again. Good luck the rest of y'alls season.

• Like 4

A few quick observations:

1. As I stated earlier, this was the best defensive performance from Gilmer in at least five years.  They totally controlled the line of scrimmage.  They stopped the unbalanced attack, the sweep, the inside handoff, the trap, everything.  And when Newton went to the spread a couple of times and tried to pass, they were all over that as well. Outstanding defense. 

2. Offensively, Gilmer just struggled to put things together.  They would make 3-4 good plays, then shoot themselves in the foot.  Way too many penalties still. 

3. I also think Gilmer doesn't know whether it wants to be a running or passing team.  They either need to let Tennison throw more or Hurt run more.  I am surprised they gave up so quickly tonight on the outside runs. There was some R success there, and it stretches a tired team.

4. Gilmer O line played okay, but needed to give Hurt a little more time on the deep pass. they had moderate success pushing the ball downfield. 

5. Newton Defense is really good, and I'm sure that had a lot to do with how Gilmer played. Gilmer punted better tonight (for the most part). I also think Gilmer didn't push offensively, because the defense was keeping Newton in Check. 

6. I'm still not sure Bush is 100%. Gilmer needs him to be, because even tonight he turned 3 yard gains into 5 yards gains with just his leg drive. I'm also impressed with the leg drive of Tennison. He's not that big, but he never gets knocked backwards.  

Overall, a great win for Gilmer. Amazing defensive performance.  Hopefully, they can continue to put things together. Also hoping 26 isn't seriously injured. He was a big part of that defensive dominance tonight. 

2 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

A few quick observations:

1. As I stated earlier, this was the best defensive performance from Gilmer in at least five years.  They totally controlled the line of scrimmage.  They stopped the unbalanced attack, the sweep, the inside handoff, the trap, everything.  And when Newton went to the spread a couple of times and tried to pass, they were all over that as well. Outstanding defense. 

2. Offensively, Gilmer just struggled to put things together.  They would make 3-4 good plays, then shoot themselves in the foot.  Way too many penalties still. 

3. I also think Gilmer doesn't know whether it wants to be a running or passing team.  They either need to let Jimmerson throw more or Hurt run more.  I am surprised they gave up so quickly tonight on the outside runs. There was some success there, and it stretches a tired team.

4. Gilmer O line played okay, but needed to give Hurt a little more time on the deep pass. they had moderate success pushing the ball downfield. 

5. Newton Defense is really good, and I'm sure that had a lot to do with how Gilmer played. Gilmer punted better tonight (for the most part). I also think Gilmer didn't push offensively, because the defense was keeping Newton in Check. 

6. I'm still not sure Bush is 100%. Gilmer needs him to be, because even tonight he turned 3 yard gains into 5 yards gains with just his leg drive. I'm also impressed with the leg drive of Jimmerson.  He's not that big, but he never gets knocked backwards.  

Overall, a great win for Gilmer. Amazing defensive performance.  Hopefully, they can continue to put things together. Also hoping 26 isn't seriously injured. He was a big part of that defensive dominance tonight. 

Tennison Bro  not jimmerson

• Like 1