WASKOM VS NEW DIANA

1WildCat

Wildcats vs Eagles  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

@Wild74...do you remember the ND-Waskom game in 2005 at Diana? 

The ND kicker booted a 56 yd FG right before halftime. Both side's fans went crazy. It was a big-time wow moment. I don't even recall who won that game. But I'll never forget that kick. 

ND won that game. Waskom went 7-3 that year and all 3 losses were in district to ND, PP, & HS.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Glad to see your still repping your Catz. I’m not fond of fair weather fans. Like I said y’all have a great team coming up and it’s gonna be tough to stomach all those guys jumping back on board the next couple of years. 

Man we could go 0-10 and I’d still be here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

@Wild74...do you remember the ND-Waskom game in 2005 at Diana? 

The ND kicker booted a 56 yd FG right before halftime. Both side's fans went crazy. It was a big-time wow moment. I don't even recall who won that game. But I'll never forget that kick. 

New Diana won 41-20 longest field goal I ever seen from a high school kid

4 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

New Diana won 41-20 longest field goal I ever seen from a high school kid

The kid had a very strong leg. He was pretty consistent and regularly kicked and made FGs from 45/40-ish and closer. 

When they lined it up right before the half, and it was obvious they were actually gonna try the attempt, the ND fans were surprised and excited to see how he'd do. Strong kick, straight, and had a little room to spare. Amazing!! I don't believe I'll see that again at the small school high school level. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

10-0 is definitely a lot better.

Funny thing I followed Waskom football back in the late to mid 60's as a pre-teen with my parents then played 4 years and the only time I missed a bunch of games was when I was in the Air Force, one of the rough periods in following Waskom was that 20 year playoff drought I am very glad there was not a smoaky.com during that period, age has mellowed me a lot 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wild74 said:

Funny thing I followed Waskom football back in the late to mid 60's as a pre-teen with my parents then played 4 years and the only time I missed a bunch of games was when I was in the Air Force, one of the rough periods in following Waskom was that 20 year playoff drought I am very glad there was not a smoaky.com during that period, age has mellowed me a lot 

You rank up there with Coach Mac and Mr. Jackson as far as loyal fans go.

37 minutes ago, Eagle1906 said:

We moved in the year after. He did coach my Neice in soccer years after that. Would have been great to watch it!

13 hours ago, Racer55 said:

I know that guy that likely kicked that FG. He was well known for his FG’s. I think he’s a coach at PT now.

Yes. He's the special teams coach at Pine Tree...also soccer coach. I checked the PTISD website. 

A according to his bio, he got his degree from UTA. And played afew years in the arena football leagues. 

33 minutes ago, DwightSchrute said:

Eagles don't keep up with dem wildcats. Personally I am fast. To give you a reference point, I am somewhere between a snake and a mongoose...and a panther.

You done fell right out da turnip truck and hit yo dang head.  Lol 

44 minutes ago, DwightSchrute said:

Eagles don't keep up with dem wildcats. Personally I am fast. To give you a reference point, I am somewhere between a snake and a mongoose...and a panther.

That was pretty good I held back a smile though cause when someone smiles at me all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life