7 5a D1 John Tyler (0-4) vs Texas High (3-1)

cujoforlife

7 5a D1   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

4 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Yep, if you’ve struggled for four straight weeks on offense, regardless of the opponent, that’s usually who you are as a team. They almost didn’t score a td last night against Trinity. And if the starting Qb was in the game, the score probably would’ve been worse on the other side. 

If it was just LV and ET they struggled against, you could probably make excuses for it. Those defenses are pretty good this season. But Lee who just lost to Poteet and 1-3 Horn? The 7 and 17 that JT scored against both are the lowest amounts those two teams have given up this season.

But maybe I’m telling lies and just hating...

JT struggled 4 straight weeks playing at home too, this will be 5 games in a row at their home stadium.  No road games so far.  These other teams traveled into Tyler and won like they did this year.    Don't know enough about Texas High to make a prediction and it's a district game. Pretty important for both teams.

30 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

JT struggled 4 straight weeks playing at home too, this will be 5 games in a row at their home stadium.  No road games so far.  These other teams traveled into Tyler and won like they did this year.    Don't know enough about Texas High to make a prediction and it's a district game. Pretty important for both teams.

I watch THigh lastnite. They look to get out wide on their runs. Kinda finesse style offense...IMO

• Like 1

I haven't seen THS....so it's hard to gauge.  Not to mention their competition has been questionable.  

I saw JT Vs. Longview and it was as painful as watching Marshall play them.  JT has had a brutal schedule.... but they haven't been competitive.

Tough call.  JT offense has been in a funk.  THS has been rolling.

But..... gotta consider the competition each has faced that has resulted in their season records thus far.

Going with the Tigers with the road upset. 

Running back Cooper is a junior at least.  He was on varsity last season and split time with a senior.  Tigers are better than last year on both sides of the ball.  I have not seen JT but I believe that whoever wins the line of scrimmage will win.  Regardless of what CUJO's record is, they will be a step up in competition for the Tigers.  The Tiger program is improving overall.  Some fans feel like they will make a move this season.  I feel like they will be more competitive this season but if they make a serious move, like making the playoffs, it will be next season whether they stay 5A D1 or move down to 5A D2.  They have some nice looking sophomores that will be moving up to varsity to add to a nice junior class that is on the field now.  Plus, they will probably move down to 5A D2 and go back to playing down Hwy 59 where Marshall will be the closest victim.

Edited by SiriusDogon7
Clarifacation need.

I know this far fetched but I think for next season we should start going to playing teams our size for preseason instead of getting ramrocked every year in preseason. Denton Ryan I believe will be the first game of the season next season, of course you have Tyler Lee, I’m pretty sure Longview will be in the mix so what will the 4th game be depending on if the district doesn’t change? I would like too add a high quality 5A opponent in stead of another 6A team. I wouldn’t mind adding aledo, or Lancaster, or one of the Mansfield schools, or even lone star. 

39 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Running back Cooper is a junior at least.  He was on varsity last season and split time with a senior. .

I'm not saying you are right or wrong...….but he has been listed twice in the paper as a soph and the announcers on the radio definitely said soph

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Running back Cooper is a junior at least.  He was on varsity last season and split time with a senior.  Tigers are better than last year on both sides of the ball.  I have not seen JT but I believe that whoever wins the line of scrimmage will win.  Regardless of what CUJO's record is, they will be a step up in competition for the Tigers.  The Tiger program is improving overall.  Some fans feel like they will make a move this season.  I feel like they will be more competitive this season but if they make a serious move, like making the playoffs, it will be next season whether they stay 5A D1 or move down to 5A D2.  They have some nice looking sophomores that will be moving up to varsity to add to a nice junior class that is on the field now.  Plus, they will probably move down to 5A D2 and go back to playing down Hwy 59 where Marshall will be the closest victim.

Tracy Cooper is a senior

21 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I know this far fetched but I think for next season we should start going to playing teams our size for preseason instead of getting ramrocked every year in preseason. Denton Ryan I believe will be the first game of the season next season, of course you have Tyler Lee, I’m pretty sure Longview will be in the mix so what will the 4th game be depending on if the district doesn’t change? I would like too add a high quality 5A opponent in stead of another 6A team. I wouldn’t mind adding aledo, or Lancaster, or one of the Mansfield schools, or even lone star. 

TH doesn't want to play any bigger teams just look when they play up they get beat! Better keep beating up on those smaller schools

34 minutes ago, Hogman2018 said:

TH doesn't want to play any bigger teams just look when they play up they get beat! Better keep beating up on those smaller schools

Let go of the hate Brother.    Your 1 win so far was over a smaller team & you guys If I'm not mistaken are the largest 5A in the state and have 50% more students than Hope, Magnolia, and DeQueen in your district. Why you so obsessed with Texas High ??🤣🤣🤣...…….of course you will say you live in LE but you talked smack for AHS when they played LE. Keep living that double life

• LOL! 1