DeKalb vs. Queen City

BEARDEDGOAT

12 minutes ago, Qcsnowflakes said:

Sounds to me like they may want to get rid of a few transfers. Find some of the dead weight ones and send them packing.  Unless... they want to get destroyed by Atlanta and Jefferson for the next 2 years

Might be for the best. QC usually has some really good athletes but there football program is so bad that they move or just don’t play. I’ve witnessed it for years. Best Athlete at the school just doesn’t play any sports.

21 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Might be for the best. QC usually has some really good athletes but there football program is so bad that they move or just don’t play. I’ve witnessed it for years. Best Athlete at the school just doesn’t play any sports.

Who is that and what does he do then? 

• LOL! 1

38 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Must be talking about that World Champion archer they have.

2 hours ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

This has to be 💩. No possible way there’s an athlete in that school 

On 9/24/2019 at 11:14 AM, Qcsnowflakes said:

It's bad when the coach has given up!!  Dusting off the resume and looking over the lease right now to see when he can get out of the house!

On 9/24/2019 at 11:14 AM, Qcsnowflakes said:

It's bad when the coach has given up!!  Dusting off the resume and looking over the lease right now to see when he can get out of the house!

Y'all need to chill out. You are talking trash about a coach's job that supports his family. I know Coach Droddy and I can promise you he hasn't given up on winning or on the student-athletes. I also know a part of his staff as well. I can promise you they are working hard game-planning along with working hard with the young men on the field and in the weight room. This may not be their year, but the hard work will pay off. Just go back and look at the 2013 season under Droddy. One of the best season's QC has ever had in their Football history. It can be done in QC. It will just take some stability and time.

5 hours ago, regitytinirt said:

Y'all need to chill out. You are talking trash about a coach's job that supports his family. I know Coach Droddy and I can promise you he hasn't given up on winning or on the student-athletes. I also know a part of his staff as well. I can promise you they are working hard game-planning along with working hard with the young men on the field and in the weight room. This may not be their year, but the hard work will pay off. Just go back and look at the 2013 season under Droddy. One of the best season's QC has ever had in their Football history. It can be done in QC. It will just take some stability and time.

The 6-5 record they had in 2013 is not one of the best seasons they ever had. That season was also his first at the school with a team he took over from Buddy Ray that had already made improvements from the previous season under Ray. His next season was a 2-8 finish in 2014 after which he was let go. While I am sure he hasn't given up and the kids haven't either the program has fallen so far off that is almost impossible to bring it back up. If you look back very few coaches last more than 2 or 3 years at QC and that's probably not going to change because if you don't win you are out. Stability and time are things that will not be given to a QC coach by the schools decision makers.

2 hours ago, Drayman said:

The 6-5 record they had in 2013 is not one of the best seasons they ever had. That season was also his first at the school with a team he took over from Buddy Ray that had already made improvements from the previous season under Ray. His next season was a 2-8 finish in 2014 after which he was let go. While I am sure he hasn't given up and the kids haven't either the program has fallen so far off that is almost impossible to bring it back up. If you look back very few coaches last more than 2 or 3 years at QC and that's probably not going to change because if you don't win you are out. Stability and time are things that will not be given to a QC coach by the schools decision makers.

Its one of the few seasons they made the playoffs. Also I believe there were some great wins that season. A lot of excitement as well. The kids were excited. Buddy Ray is a great coach but Buddy wasn't calling the shots that season. So I would say credit is due to Coach Droddy. Also Coach Droddy was by Buddy Ray's side as his DC during the majority of the Buddy Ray years at QC. Queen City is a great place, great kids, and people. 

Coach Ray had laid the foundation for us and Droddy kept it going. The same system was basically in place for 4 years. Like i said before the staff stability was key and is going to be key going forward for QC to turn around. We basically had the same staff under Ray and Droddy. Also helped that we had about 6-7 three year starters that were seniors that playoff year. 

2 hours ago, qc2014 said:

Coach Ray had laid the foundation for us and Droddy kept it going. The same system was basically in place for 4 years. Like i said before the staff stability was key and is going to be key going forward for QC to turn around. We basically had the same staff under Ray and Droddy. Also helped that we had about 6-7 three year starters that were seniors that playoff year. 

Well....the key problem is that the board and superintendent don't allow coach stability there. Spend way too much time listening to community members about this and that. Then they'll get rid of the AD after getting pressured and move to the next guy. It's a never ending cycle.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, regitytinirt said:

Its one of the few seasons they made the playoffs. Also I believe there were some great wins that season. A lot of excitement as well. The kids were excited. Buddy Ray is a great coach but Buddy wasn't calling the shots that season. So I would say credit is due to Coach Droddy. Also Coach Droddy was by Buddy Ray's side as his DC during the majority of the Buddy Ray years at QC. Queen City is a great place, great kids, and people. 

regitytinirt= Trinity Tiger

see.gif

3 minutes ago, Qcsnowflakes said:

Someone has to have his back but they could have been a little less obvious that it was one of them. 

Look, I’m all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I’m being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly… I’m going wherever they value loyalty the most.