Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

Two great programs, wow what a ball game.

Coach Surratt is the best in USA, how he gets those young men in the right spot and play so dang hard is amazing.

PG has the biggest D line I have ever seen in high school football.

I have said all year, the Dawgs have the best O line in 4A.

If there is a better Defense in 4A than the Dawgs, I want to see them.

Way to GO Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless andsafe travel home. 

Edited by cowboyandchrist
need to add to it.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawkEye said:

Carthage is all that. We have it our best, and so did the Dawgs. Glad to get out relatively free of injury. 

Great tuneup for The rest of the season and hopefully a Long Playoff Run. 

Carthage won, but they had to earn it. 

Well deserved. 

PG made our Dawgs earn it tonight. Sounded like a pretty cleanly played game by both teams with few flags.

Good luck to the Hawks! Great game!

Stats

Dawgs                            PG

1st downs 22                   15

rushing 209                      257

passing 196                      33

Total 405                           290

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ProfDMC said:

The pressbox at PG demonstrated poor class tonight. A certain etiquette  is suppose to be shown. All of that hoopin’ and hollerin’...only to hear “silence” during the 4th qtr...oh, the sweet sound of victory... #godawgs

That’s not the first time that’s happened.   Congrats to the Bulldogs.   

2 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

I guess PG was not worthy...

They are a great team and should win 4A DII state championship, they gave the Dawgs a game until midway through the 3rd quarter.

The Dawg O line started wearing them out and the Dawg defense was just bad to the bone all night long.

It looks like the Dawg QB grew up tonight. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

That’s not the first time that’s happened.   Congrats to the Bulldogs.   

I thought the Carthage band starting a loud song right After he Homecoming announcements began was not very courteous. Could’ve waited. 

Call it both ways. 

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

They are a great team and should win 4A DII state championship, they gave the Dawgs a game until midway through the 3rd quarter.

The Dawg O line started wearing them out and the Dawg defense was just bad to the bone all night long.

It looks like the Dawg QB grew up tonight. 

Yes he did. And his receivers started catching what he was throwing.  There were a lot of early drops that could have made the game a lot more lopsided 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawkEye said:

Yes he did. And his receivers started catching what he was throwing.  There were a lot of early drops that could have made the game a lot more lopsided 

We should’ve beaten Liberty Hill in the semifinals last year, but had a TON of drops that kept Carthage from going up by multiple scores in the first quarter. At least the Dawgs had the defense tonight to allow the offense time to get in sync.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Tonight was Texas high school football at it's finest! What a game!  Hope all the injured get healed quickly.

A great example why when folks in this country think of Friday Night Lights, they think of Texas high school football!! 

Carthage was definitely the better team in the second half. I have to give a ton of Props to the Carthage coaching staff. That pass back to Horton was perfect timing and perfectly executed. Little disappointed with the hawks call on 4th and short pitching it to the short side of the field? 
carthage brought my Hawks back to earth tonight. Congrats on a very impressive win. The Hawks were not worthy. 

• Like 2