Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

5 hours ago, JETT said:

Ok and your point is? All I'm saying is I'd love to see this game at rose stadium on a Saturday, its obviously not but still nice to wish

Relax, I'm kinda joking but for reals posters shouldn't be putting out false numbers especially when that poster said we were wrong about the PG numbers. 

• Stinks 1

10 hours ago, swaha said:

671 is correct for the last enrollment. PG should be around 700 on the upcoming snapshot. Currently, the largest class in PG history is the 9th grade group. They have around 230 kids. The junior group has around 200. The senior class is small and I am not sure about the 10th grade group. The classes have grown in the lower grades. After this upcoming snapshot, it could get interesting for PG.  They are still a long ways from 5A, but getting closer to 4A Division 1.

If you do the math correctly 200 or more kids per grade x 4 grades is actually around 850. That's more like the real numbers.  Definitely is more than 671 in reality. 

13 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

If you do the math correctly 200 or more kids per grade x 4 grades is actually around 850. That's more like the real numbers.  Definitely is more than 671 in 

PG does not have those numbers. There are not 200 plus kids in every grade. They will be more than 671 and no where near 850.

9 minutes ago, swaha said:

PG does not have those numbers. There are not 200 plus kids in every grade. They will be more than 671 and no where near 850.

Total actual enrollment at PG is at least 200 in each class freshman thru Juniors and at least 150 seniors. That's close to 800 dude. 

• Stinks 1

23 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Stop, put down the phone or get off your computer, and take the rest of the night off.  You are way off base on this one and you are making yourself look foolish.  Just because we think our team will win does mean we lack humility.  Shaking my head.

I never said that I thought Carthage would win.

23 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

HUH?? PG can and should try the same thing this year as last year. They are better than last year and definitely should ground and pound the Dawgs.. I mean are we supposed to go to the spread and carve up the Dawgs??? I hope your not serious. 

PG is NOT going change anything that they normally do. They know what is coming at Carthage and Carthage knows what is coming at them.  It is about execution Dawggies.

14 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

PG without a doubt has to come in with the same game plan as last year.  Every snap has to take place with 1-2 seconds left on the play clock.  Control the ball and limit the dogs Time of possession.  If the Dawgs want to win they have to get off the field on third down.  

PG does not milk the clock.  When that Oline comes to the line of scrimmage they will be snapping the ball within "1-2" seconds and not with that much on the play clock rookie.

8 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Total actual enrollment at PG is at least 200 in each class freshman thru Juniors and at least 150 seniors. That's close to 800 dude. 

8 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Last comment on this. PG has not seen a 100 plus increase at the HS since the last snapshot. If so, they will move to 4A D1 on the upcoming realignment. Last I heard, PG is not taking limited enrollment transfers in the 9 and 11 grade classes. They are full. One will have to physically move in to the district, if they are in one of those two classes. If you are correct on snapshot day of 800 plus, then congrats "dude".

The fact that PG doesn't presale tickets is absolutely ridiculous. My understanding is that they've decided to sell some Thursday, but only at PG. 

Let me warn y'all in advance. The ticket booth is a joke. Also - THERE ARE 2 LINES. This is very valuable information, as no staff from PG will come out and tell you that there are 2 lines, and you won't be able to tell if there are 2 lines for all the PG fans trying to get in. The visitor line will be to the left. If in doubt, walk all the way to the front. PG should honestly run chains down to guide people waiting in line, because it's impossible to tell otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

The fact that PG doesn't presale tickets is absolutely ridiculous. My understanding is that they've decided to sell some Thursday, but only at PG. 

Let me warn y'all in advance. The ticket booth is a joke. Also - THERE ARE 2 LINES. This is very valuable information, as no staff from PG will come out and tell you that there are 2 lines, and you won't be able to tell if there are 2 lines for all the PG fans trying to get in. The visitor line will be to the left. If in doubt, walk all the way to the front. PG should honestly run chains down to guide people waiting in line, because it's impossible to tell otherwise. 

I wonder if they will try to sell all available tickets Thursday, trying to keep Carthage fans out. 

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

I wonder if they will try to sell all available tickets Thursday, trying to keep Carthage fans out. 

Word is, they won't stop selling until the fire marshall shuts them down. I had heard they were possibly bringing bleachers in, but they may have just resorted to the hill instead. 

1 hour ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

PG is NOT going change anything that they normally do. They know what is coming at Carthage and Carthage knows what is coming at them.  It is about execution Dawggies.

What you might want to know is the Dawg Defense is twice as good as they were last year. Last year several teams ran on the Dawgs. This year they have allowed 126 total yards through four ball games. 

1st game  minus 9 yards rushing, 2nd allowed 15 yards rushing, 3rd game 81 yards and 4th game allowed 30 yards rushing. 

The D has been amazing, will it continue against PG. I guess we will soon find out. 

2 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

PG does not milk the clock.  When that Oline comes to the line of scrimmage they will be snapping the ball within "1-2" seconds and not with that much on the play clock rookie.

The Hawks do milk the clock. That's their game.

I agree that this will be a battle in the trenches but Carthage will want to get the ball in their playmakers hands quick. PG will have to fly to the football. As for PG they certainly have the versatility in that offense to move the ball on the ground and in the air. Their Senior QB will make plays. 

6 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

You obviously didn’t watch the game last year.  They broke the huddle at 4-5 on the play clock ran up quick and snapped it with 1-3 left.  ROOKIE!!!! 

• Like 1