Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Doesn't mean the home team can take up the visistor's side does it? If so, that will be the first time I've ever heard of it happening.

Not pre selling tickets to Carthage fans and making everyone stand in 2 long lines to buy tickets, there might be a riot if we have PG fans in our small visitor area. Lol

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If I had about $6k laying around in the couch cushions I would do it.

I am sure that the Bulldawg Stop would be happy to purchase the tickets and sell them there. You know people buy something, when they go buy their tickets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CDAWG68 said:

Not pre selling tickets to Carthage fans and making everyone stand in 2 long lines to buy tickets, there might be a riot if we have PG fans in our small visitor area. Lol

Just be sure everyone understands there is 2 lines. Otherwise, the PG faithful will line up 5 wide and you won't be able to see the ticket booth to know there are 2 lines. 

It's really a bad setup. Can't believe they're not pre-selling tickets. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Just be sure everyone understands there is 2 lines. Otherwise, the PG faithful will line up 5 wide and you won't be able to see the ticket booth to know there are 2 lines. 

It's really a bad setup. Can't believe they're not pre-selling tickets. 

They are pre-selling tickets.......but only in P G

Bring a pop-open chair, your sunshades, wear a cap, and be prepared to sit and wait in a line that will start forming probably about the time school lets out. They won't open up the ticket booths until about 5:30 if you are lucky and they have some foresight for this one.  Could be a looong wait in the hottest part of the day in the sun.  Bring some water too.

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Bring a pop-open chair, your sunshades, wear a cap, and be prepared to sit and wait in a line that will start forming probably about the time school lets out. They won't open up the ticket booths until about 5:30 if you are lucky and they have some foresight for this one.  Could be a looong wait in the hottest part of the day in the sun.  Bring some water too.

I’m bringing ez up and tailgating for this one lol

15 minutes ago, ViewFromAfar said:

I never understood why PG built such a nice stadium only to have a small seating amount.

1.  They were 3A when it was built

2.  Admin only built what was needed at the time

3.  There is plenty of room for expansion

25 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Y’all have a beautiful venue. You’re correct. Tons of room for expansion. How’s yalls Jr High-JV look? This PG reign gonna be long lived? Hope so. 

Current freshman and JV team both look good.  The question for the future is what will come out of the middle school.  Two years ago, the local youth league went to flag football.  That means this year's 8th graders only have one year of real football under their belt and the 7th graders have none.  Who knows how that will affect the high school teams.

On the one hand, middle school will get a lot of kids who have never taken a hit, don't know how to tackle, and don't know real football positions.  When they hit high school, they will only have 2 years of experience.  On the other hand, they will only know our system and won't have been coached any other way

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What I wouldn’t give to be at this game!!!! It’s our bi week but it’s mine and my wife’s birthdays and I promised her a weekend in Ft. Worth. This game is a must see but it’s not worth getting cut off for a month over. 

H3 Ranch is some good eating

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

When they built I don’t think they expected the success they were going to have. The coaches have done a great job building a top notch program. The way it lays there seems to be plenty of room for expansion on the visitors side. I’d expect before to long they’ll do just that. Had a playoff game there a few years ago and it’s a beautiful setup. 

exactly

35 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

Current freshman and JV team both look good.  The question for the future is what will come out of the middle school.  Two years ago, the local youth league went to flag football.  That means this year's 8th graders only have one year of real football under their belt and the 7th graders have none.  Who knows how that will affect the high school teams.

On the one hand, middle school will get a lot of kids who have never taken a hit, don't know how to tackle, and don't know real football positions.  When they hit high school, they will only have 2 years of experience.  On the other hand, they will only know our system and won't have been coached any other way

The Texarkana Youth League still starts tackle in 3rd grade, some of the kids in PG are trying to play for Txk. You are absolutely correct about the effect it will have on the future. I think our middle school kids have been getting drove.

10 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

The Texarkana Youth League still starts tackle in 3rd grade, some of the kids in PG are trying to play for Txk. You are absolutely correct about the effect it will have on the future. I think our middle school kids have been getting drove.

The national trend is moving towards flag before middle school, but that certainly isn't everywhere.  Until it is, I think there will be a huge difference between kids that padded up and kids that played flag.  Some of it is just practical........in youth league, kids get weeded out once they realize they don't like the contact.  Then the kids that enter middle school are kids that really want to play.

With kids playing flag, the weed out year will be 7th grade.  Kids will have to decide if they can deal with the contact.  That means 7th grade coaches will have more players than they can really use and give playing time.  Then parents will get mad because junior didn't play as much as they thought he should. kind of a mess for a 7th grade coach.....

1 hour ago, Hawk20 said:

The national trend is moving towards flag before middle school, but that certainly isn't everywhere.  Until it is, I think there will be a huge difference between kids that padded up and kids that played flag.  Some of it is just practical........in youth league, kids get weeded out once they realize they don't like the contact.  Then the kids that enter middle school are kids that really want to play.

With kids playing flag, the weed out year will be 7th grade.  Kids will have to decide if they can deal with the contact.  That means 7th grade coaches will have more players than they can really use and give playing time.  Then parents will get mad because junior didn't play as much as they thought he should. kind of a mess for a 7th grade coach.....

Nail on the Head right here. I couldn't agree more.