Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, JugLine said:

PG is good no doubt. Classy and well coached They gave us a good ole whooping. But, I don’t think this years PG is a good as last years team. The offense didn’t seem to be as good as last years offense. I just felt like PG is down compared to last years team. I may be off just my opinion. 

Im predicting a Carthage win by at least 2 tds. 

This years offense is slighty better in scoring and yrds average than last year through the first 5 games.

4 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

It seems like most are picking PG to win close, or Carthage by 2 TDs.  For what it's worth PG will win by 2 TDs.

The poll is 60-56 PG.  The closer we get to Fri the more realistic the score predictions are getting.  Only was one team or the other wins by double digits is a late turnover deep in their own territory or a significant injury.

30 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

It seems like most are picking PG to win close, or Carthage by 2 TDs.  For what it's worth PG will win by 2 TDs.

I believe both teams are well coached and two talented to get beat by a blowout. It been a while since either has expierenced a blowout loss. I bet even the diehards on both sides couldn't tell you when that happened. 

8 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I believe both teams are well coached and two talented to get beat by a blowout. It been a while since either has expierenced a blowout loss. I bet even the diehards on both sides couldn't tell you when that happened. 

2015 Semi’s La Vega over Carthage 39-3 ouch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I agree entirely. This game could fill Lobo with ease. But, I guess they never know these things when scheduling. 2 years ago PG has just won a state championship and were talking about rebuilding, that they probably wouldn't compete for a couple more years. Back to state they went. This team, in my opinion, is without a doubt better than their state championship team.

WOW You really think so? I'm not ready to crown them better than 2017. Harmon is better than 2017 Garrett is better than 2017 Jackson is better than 2017. As a team?? hmmm not sure on that but that doesn't make you wrong.

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

WOW You really think so? I'm not ready to crown them better than 2017. Harmon is better than 2017 Garrett is better than 2017 Jackson is better than 2017. As a team?? hmmm not sure on that but that doesn't make you wrong.

It’s close for sure, but the three best players for the Hawks were also on that 2017 team. 

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

In my mind they will need to go 16-0 and win a title to have that discussion.  It’s too early.

2 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I believe so. These kids on defense is as good or better than Big Nick and the group. This is just an outsider looking in. I've watched a good bit of PG football over the past 3 years, especially in 2017 because we lost in the 1st round. I think this team is better on defense, about the same on offense. I think Benson added a little something extra to the offense that PG doesn't have, but I feel like the defense makes up for it. He was a hard hitting LB too. I was there when he got that nonsense ejection against Celina I believe it was. 

That being said, that doesn't mean they can't be beat. PG was kind of a pioneer to an offense that a lot hadn't quite seen enough to really coach against. Also, not a lot of people had coached against Gibson either. As far as district competition... Gilmer is better than the prior 2 years, but that's it really. L-E has some real athletes, and if they click, they can score. I think the opened even a lot of their fans eyes this last weekend against Argyle. 4AD2 honestly feels way down this year, aside from PG. 

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

In my mind they will need to go 16-0 and win a title to have that discussion.  It’s too early.

Ehhh. Just because they don't go 16-0 doesn't mean they're not better than a previous team that did. Look at the schedules. 

2017 PG Pre-District

A-High (Finished 7-6, 2 rounds deep in playoffs, would make a decent 4AD2 team at best)
Paris (7-4 - Lost first round of playoffs)
Frisco (went 0-10, was outscored 150-316)
MOST IMPRESSIVE WIN IN PREDISCT - LE (Finished 8-6 - 4 rounds deep in the playoffs)
The L-E game was an absolute massacre. L-E also had everything possible go wrong for them (not taking anything away from PG). 
Krum (Finished 1-10, was outscored 162-444)

I do believe PG's district was better that year, which does backup "It's too early to decide."

But through this portion of the season, yes I believe '19 PG is a better team than '17. Even if they lost to Carthage, I won't waiver on that, because Carthage is head and shoulders better than ever team they played in pre-disctrict that season, imo. 

Take away the losses to PG, and PG's pre-district teams have a combined record of (15-4). 

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Ehhh. Just because they don't go 16-0 doesn't mean they're not better than a previous team that did. Look at the schedules. 

2017 PG Pre-District

A-High (Finished 7-6, 2 rounds deep in playoffs, would make a decent 4AD2 team at best)
Paris (7-4 - Lost first round of playoffs)
Frisco (went 0-10, was outscored 150-316)
MOST IMPRESSIVE WIN IN PREDISCT - LE (Finished 8-6 - 4 rounds deep in the playoffs)
The L-E game was an absolute massacre. L-E also had everything possible go wrong for them (not taking anything away from PG). 
Krum (Finished 1-10, was outscored 162-444)

I hear what your saying, but 16-0 is perfection any way you slice it.

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

PGs DL are like 6’a billion. Hands will be in the way on slants. 

^^This. They are very long and they get a big push. 40 is all over the field in his new position. Then he will come in and play TE. Very hard to cover.

I'm thinking the Dawgs will be throwing some quick screens to Dixon and let him do his thing. But the QB has to be accurate.

2 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

This years offense is slighty better in scoring and yrds average than last year through the first 5 games.

My son played Defense on that 2017 team. He was a senior. That 2017 senior class was just special. This years senior class seems just as special. Of course I’m going to say 2017 has the edge, but I firmly believe that if this team can win Friday night, the discussion has to be had. 

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

My son played Defense on that 2017 team. He was a senior. That 2017 senior class was just special. This years senior class seems just as special. Of course I’m going to say 2017 has the edge, but I firmly believe that if this team can win Friday night, the discussion has to be had. 

I’d say so 

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

The PG D is something else.

39 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

This is the best Carthage defense I’ve ever seen they have playmakers at every level. This will be a good game and come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes 

The defense is definitely swarming to the ball this year. You might as well go down, if one guy can slow you down enough, because 4 or 5 are coming pretty quick. If the offense can't get things figured out, it will fun to see how far they can go.

2 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

The defense is definitely swarming to the ball this year. You might as well go down, if one guy can slow you down enough, because 4 or 5 are coming pretty quick. If the offense can't get things figured out, it will fun to see how far they can go.

I honestly think you guys run the best offense In Texas. You guys run every formation besides the dang wing t lol

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

48 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I honestly think you guys run the best offense In Texas. You guys run every formation besides the dang wing t lol

Thanks for the compliment! Coach Surratt and company keep it interesting. There is always an ace in the hole, you just never know when it will be played to his advantage.