Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Y’all being tough on regal this morning.

regal, you ought to start a 4A thread as a YTD opinion discussion about who is top dog in 4A at the moment. 

There are just too many good teams in both divisions this season for that kind of thread with so many important games left......it would not hold water.

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

There are just too many good teams in both divisions this season for that kind of thread with so many important games left......it would not hold water.

We already have Sideline to Sideline doing that for us weekly......and they are relatively unbiased and attend as many games as possible.  I don't always agree with their assessments, but they have a good track record over time and it is their main livelihood.

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Y’all being tough on regal this morning.

regal, you ought to start a 4A thread as a YTD opinion discussion about who is top dog in 4A at the moment. 

What happened in Mansfield last night?  Did you go to your alma mater game???

45 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

He was helped off of the field last week in Chapel Hill he tried to go in the first qtr last night he was limping and did not come back into the ball game for the last 3 qtrs 

That is stupid on y'all's coach in I know y'all want to win by why risk greater injury to a star player on a game that don't matter also playing your Qb on d and special teams

• Stinks 1

I look for the P G and Gilmer game(s) to be real competitive...………….Barring major injuries between now and then, I see P G as the favorite in both games(district and playoffs), but not by much...……….Gilmer's defensive line is pretty darn good, especially the bigger of the DT's

7 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Watching this game now. Only through 2 quarters so far, but this looked like a great defensive battle in the beginning. Still have the next 2 quarters of play, but both teams giving it their all. 

It was a toss up through the early 4th with about 8 mins left.  Two big time teams going blow for blow. Then........I’ll let you watch for yourself.

1 hour ago, CDAWG68 said:

What does your Argyle comment have to do with last night's game,? Arrogant much!! Start your own how great is Argyle thread!!!!

Probably concerned would be my guess 

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

You need to get a real life......this is NOT just about Carthage.  It's about the entire season for ALL viewers of quality high school football played in this great state.  PG and Carthage are top teams, but not the ONLY top teams in 4A.  There are other interested viewers from other towns that may have a comment in the grand scheme of this season's football playoffs.  Go take a looong look in the mirror.

again nothing stopping you from making a Arygle thread. Heck even a 4aD1 contenders . That's a extremely short list only three. ( I let you decide)

I will submit now that the list of contenders in 4a D-1 is much longer than just 3 teams.  This is high school football in the great state of Texas......and there are more than just a few teams this season in 4a D-1 capable of advancing to a regional final and making it to Jerryworld.  There are some favorites......but this season in Division 1 especially there are some pretty good teams that could surprise when the playoffs get here.

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Just finished watching the full game: Harmon was off his game last night. Only good pass I saw from him was to Sergio on that out pass. That’s definitely pass interference on that play to Bruce if Ben makes a good throw. He also missed the full back by a mile who was 10 yrds away and nobody near him. Very non like Ben. Hope that one is out of his system. Dillon Hopkins has to make some great catches on what are usually routine passes for Ben.

HawkNation...Carthage whooped them Hawkies last night now stop making excuses. You know it wasn't just because of Harmon. PG got Surratted and Carthaged last night and dats dat!

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I will submit now that the list of contenders in 4a D-1 is much longer than just 3 teams.  This is high school football in the great state of Texas......and there are more than just a few teams this season in 4a D-1 capable of advancing to a regional final and making it to Jerryworld.  There are some favorites......but this season in Division 1 especially there are some pretty good teams that could surprise when the playoffs get here.

Reagle - I enjoy your posts and you are a loyal Argyle fan.  But you are not hearing what these guys are saying.  The conversation you want to have is a good one and will get a lot of responses.  The topic deserves its own thread vs having the conversation at the end of the Carthage vs PG thread where most won’t see it.  Start a new thread!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Nah.......I'm one of maybe only a handful of posters here from a district with teams in the hunt.  I wouldn't wish that kind of slanted debate on anyone......esp. myself, LOL.

So you really don’t want to have the conversation and hear what we think?  Why make the post?  You might be surprised at the responses.

We can have those discussions later in the season when the playoffs get here.  Things could change between now and that time anyway......it's still too early right now for that.  Too many games left and too many things can happen that may change the overall outlook at this juncture.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

What happened in Mansfield last night?  Did you go to your alma mater game???

Man, my in laws are in town and my parents just arrived. Its our oldest son’s birthday party at our house today. I’ve got the grill fired up about to grill burgers and have college football on the TV.

Did not get to make it to PG last night, but I wish I had been able to.

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

We can have those discussions later in the season when the playoffs get here.  Things could change between now and that time anyway......it's still too early right now for that.  Too many games left and too many things can happen that may change the overall outlook at this juncture.

I tend to agree with you.  So why even bring it up in our thread?  Were you just bored from the 60 point blowout of Sanger?

• Like 1

Carthage deserves the #1 rank in my book. I know rankings don't mean anything, but that PG team Carthage beat last night is the real deal. I firmly believe there's not a better defensive line in 4A period than PG's. They gave that huge Carthage O-lines fits for most of the game. Surratt devised the perfect game plan to wear them boys out, which isn't easy to do by any means. 

What was really impressive to watch, was Carthage run the same back all night (#2). They absolutely pounded the defensive line of PG all night with #2. Straight ahead, around the edges, off tackle... just both teams lining up and punching each other in the mouth... then Carthage puts a fresh set of legs in midway through the 4th. #36 I believe it was. That's when you could really see how tired the PG defense was. Call it depth if you want, but it was just a great game plan, and great execution. Really fun game to watch.

PG has nothing to hang their heads about either. I still think this PG team is better than the '17 team, but if you had any doubts about what Surratt said, you shouldn't anymore. He and his coaches believe this is the best Carthage team they've fielded, and I won't disagree. Maybe not as flashy as the past, but they are solid, all the way around. Even the kicking game. We were watching warm-ups, and noticed they have 3 kickers that can hit from 47 yards out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Of course they are worthy........they just did not win tonight, that's all.  Sounded like a very clean hard-fought battle and somebody is gonna lose.  That doesn't make a team less worthy.

Yes I know this. I was just giving it back to a PG supporter who has been saying it after every PG win this year...

19 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Man, my in laws are in town and my parents just arrived. Its our oldest son’s birthday party at our house today. I’ve got the grill fired up about to grill burgers and have college football on the TV.

Enjoy your family and celebration this weekend.......these are moments in time in our lives that can never be replaced.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

It was EPIC! (Sorry, just had to gig you for being AWOL!😜)