Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

8 hours ago, JETT said:

This one deserves to be on national TV at the rose in tyler on a Saturday,  I'd definitely get my money's worth ... JS

Getting a little carried away with that.  Yes, it's a big game, but not many outside of east Texas, and almost none outside of Texas, going to have any interest in tuning in to watch these two in a regular season game.  

15 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I really liked your first sentence, then it went downhill from there.  Carthage goes for it in 4th down against EVERYONE.  Did you not watch the state championship games in 2016 and 2017?  It wasn’t disrespect it’s just what we do.  We ha e only punted twice this year inn4 games.  And as for the rest of your post on the officiating, PG dominating, cheating accusations, just stop already.  Your Hawks gave up over 400 yards through the air last year against Carthage. That does not scream domination to me.  If your gonna post, at least be truthful.

Its very clear that you can't handle the truth!!!  LOL!!!

• Thumbs Down 1

Everyone left  on the Carthage schedule need not show up to play the games on the scheduled dates.  Why?  Carthage had become the god of 4A football.  Its supporters used to be more humble when extraordinary success was new to the school and your city.  Now you don't find humility in your success and have become nothing more than football idol worshippers with hardly any respect for your opponent.  What I know is that Carthage is going to lose at least one more game.  No state title this season.  Turn out the lights...the party's over...Go Hawks, much respect to all of the classy Hawk supporters and an even more classy team.

• Thumbs Down 2
  • Stinks 2

34 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Getting a little carried away with that.  Yes, it's a big game, but not many outside of east Texas, and almost none outside of Texas, going to have any interest in tuning in to watch these two in a regular season game.  

2 state championship caliber teams facing off, I'm pretty sure a ton of folks would love to see this one on TV,  Longview and JT made it this one should as well.... like I stated if it were at rose stadium on a Saturday it'd be sold out JMHO

36 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Everyone left  on the Carthage schedule need not show up to play the games on the scheduled dates.  Why?  Carthage had become the god of 4A football.  Its supporters used to be more humble when extraordinary success was new to the school and your city.  Now you don't find humility in your success and have become nothing more than football idol worshippers with hardly any respect for your opponent.  What I know is that Carthage is going to lose at least one more game.  No state title this season.  Turn out the lights...the party's over...Go Hawks, much respect to all of the classy Hawk supporters and an even more classy team.

Stop, put down the phone or get off your computer, and take the rest of the night off.  You are way off base on this one and you are making yourself look foolish.  Just because we think our team will win does mean we lack humility.  Shaking my head.

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

I think Carthage is prepared and has made adjustments for PG. PG can't try the same thing this year as last cuz it might not work. It might be Carthage in a squeaker but who knows??

HUH?? PG can and should try the same thing this year as last year. They are better than last year and definitely should ground and pound the Dawgs.. I mean are we supposed to go to the spread and carve up the Dawgs??? I hope your not serious. 

42 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

HUH?? PG can and should try the same thing this year as last year. They are better than last year and definitely should ground and pound the Dawgs.. I mean are we supposed to go to the spread and carve up the Dawgs??? I hope your not serious. 

Our defense is not having that this year. 

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Stop, put down the phone or get off your computer, and take the rest of the night off.  You are way off base on this one and you are making yourself look foolish.  Just because we think our team will win does mean we lack humility.  Shaking my head.

Siriusdogon is dreaming. Carthage gonna Carthage!!! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

PG isn't my team dude, I'm just commenting on them.

He's been on here the last 3 years. He talks about Gilmer all the time. Easy to recognize him because he writes long novels explaining why Gilmer should have beat Carthage but instead got a hurtful spankdown from the Dawgs!  Also. I'm a Hawks fan too. 

Edited  by NightStar11

SO, not your team, but you're a fan? I'm confused, you seem to be all over the place.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:10 AM, Hawkguy888 said:

PG in a very close game. I’d say 30-28. 

Agree with getting there early dog fans. I mean EARLY

Plus, it is Homecoming, so the Home crowd will be there even earlier for the festivities. 

HawkParking.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2019 at 9:23 PM, NightStar11 said:

Isn't PG supposed to be a small 5A school now anyways???

PG enrollment is at the low to mid 600s. Not likely to move up to 4AD1, much less 5A...

corrected my boo boo

Edited by futfan
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yea, he was on crutches when I seen him. We've played a lot of baseball with him and the QB. Wish him a very speedy recovery! I think he will do special things at ULL.

He's a fine young man, as is Ben. GOing to be good for the Ragin' Cajuns.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, futfan said:

Plus, it is Homecoming, so the Home crowd will be there even earlier for the festivities. 

HawkParking.jpg

Nah nah nah. There's nothing orderly to this madness. It's park wherever you can. This is where everyone was parked when we played PG. I honestly feel like if there was a way to park on top of the school, people would have been parking there. 

HawkParking.thumb.jpg.4984d49bb47d3b0c0833224390ae3e40.jpg