Week 6 Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this slugfest?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 12:30 AM

28 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

October 2017 P G turned in 671.  So you are saying they have lost over 200 students in high school in 2 years ?

671 is correct for the last enrollment. PG should be around 700 on the upcoming snapshot. Currently, the largest class in PG history is the 9th grade group. They have around 230 kids. The junior group has around 200. The senior class is small and I am not sure about the 10th grade group. The classes have grown in the lower grades. After this upcoming snapshot, it could get interesting for PG.  They are still a long ways from 5A, but getting closer to 4A Division 1.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

Our defense is not having that this year. 

PG defense is way more improved from last year. PG's first four opponents are state ranked teams. These teams averaged a mere 10 points on the grove that # was 27 last year against the exact same opponents. The grove on the other hand has scored an average of 39 points against these teams that # was the same from last years offense. Carthage has played 1 top 10 ranked opponent in their first 4- Gilmer who gave the Dawgs their toughest contest so far. If you think Gilmers D gave the dawgs some fits just wait till this Friday

12 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

PG defense is way more improved from last year. PG's first four opponents are state ranked teams. These teams averaged a mere 10 points on the grove. The grove on the other hand has scored an average of 39 points against these teams. Carthage has played 1 top 10 ranked opponent in their first 4- Gilmer who gave the Dawgs their toughest contest so far. If you think Gilmers D gave the dawgs some fits just wait till this Friday

4A D1 - Paris, Henderson & Chapel Hill

3A D1 - Atlanta & Gladewater

The only opponent you should refer to in your first 5 games is Paris.  That’s your signature win so far.  The final was 22-16.  Henderson is not the same team they have been in years past.  Carthage signature win is against Gilmer.  The final was 24-15.  All indications are a low scoring defensive battle.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

Yes a few times.  I know where your going so save the post.  PG DL good, but not unblockable.

I don't know that PG d-line is much better than Gilmer's,  I know on paper PG kids have the offers and etc....   but with Atlanta playing them both  personal opinion is gilmer is  more athletic on the d-line.......

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

4A D1 - Paris, Henderson & Chapel Hill

3A D1 - Atlanta & Gladewater

The only opponent you should refer to in your first 5 games is Paris.  That’s your signature win so far.  The final was 22-16.  Henderson is not the same team they have been in years past.  Carthage signature win is against Gilmer.  The final was 24-15.  All indications are a low scoring defensive battle.

Ok so ... Im pretty sure you would agree that PG has faced tougher opponents through their first 4 games than Carthage right?

48 minutes ago, swaha said:

671 is correct for the last enrollment. PG should be around 700 on the upcoming snapshot. Currently, the largest class in PG history is the 9th grade group. They have around 230 kids. The junior group has around 200. The senior class is small and I am not sure about the 10th grade group. The classes have grown in the lower grades. After this upcoming snapshot, it could get interesting for PG.  They are still a long ways from 5A, but getting closer to 4A Division 1.

There is a good chance that PG moves up to 4A Div I - if not this time - then I am betting by 2022.  I don't see PG ever getting to 5A levels as there just isn't enough housing.  I'm betting that Red Lick builds a HS at some point which will pull some kids from PG and keep PG in the 4A level.

29 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Ehhhh. They should beat Atlanta. But Marshall would play an extremely tight game with the rest of those teams. Maybe even a tight game with Atlanta. 

All class Texas average ranking of Carthage first 4 opponents- 296

All class Texas average rankings of PG opponents- 141

49 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Ok so ... Im pretty sure you would agree that PG has faced tougher opponents through their first 4 games than Carthage right?

I’m not sure about that.  Atlanta & GW are solid teams in 3A D1 and deserving of their rankings but I don’t think they would match up well against Marshall.  I might give a slight nod to PG on SOS vs Carthage but it’s not enough to matter on Fri.

57 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

There is a good chance that PG moves up to 4A Div I - if not this time - then I am betting by 2022.  I don't see PG ever getting to 5A levels as there just isn't enough housing.  I'm betting that Red Lick builds a HS at some point which will pull some kids from PG and keep PG in the 4A level.

Going to be very difficult to build a HS in Red Lick when 60% of the students do not live in the school district. It is a bedroom community with no commercial industry to help with the tax base. I do not see the residents passing a bond for a HS anytime soon at Red Lick.

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

Problem is 3A D1 does not equal 5A D2.  It’s fun to look at but not always a good indicator.  Like I said before I’d probably still give PG a slight nod on SOS at this point.

Yea your right about that and for the record i'm sure that Carthage would be 5-0 if they played our schedule.

• Thumbs Down 1