Top 10 paid High School Football Coaches in Texas

Sportsfanatic1

58 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Texas high school football top 10 paid head football coaches ...

8. JOHN KING, LONGVIEW: $133,675
Since taking over for the Lobos in 2004, King has a 166-32 record including 13-0 this season. Longview is ranked No. 4 in 6A.

That's an absolute steal. King is worth every penny, and then some.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Didn’t realize he has been there that long. Consistency is important. You think he will stay after this year. Y’all looking good to repeat. 

I think he stays. Still got a little girl in school. Haynes is a short drive away in BCS. Longview absolutely adores him and his family. School board will give him anything he wants. There's zero drama from his coaching staff. Players have enormous love and respect for him. As a coach, I think he's still got plenty in the tank. 

King has attained every high school coach's dream, and still enjoys doing what he does. I'd wager he'll stick around for awhile. 

9 minutes ago, AKA said:

I think he stays. Still got a little girl in school. Haynes is a short drive away in BCS. Longview absolutely adores him and his family. School board will give him anything he wants. There's zero drama from his coaching staff. Players have enormous love and respect for him. As a coach, I think he's still got plenty in the tank. 

King has attained every high school coach's dream, and still enjoys doing what he does. I'd wager he'll stick around for awhile. 

Agreed. If King hadn’t gone to College Station, I would’ve felt a little differently. But he did and I think he’ll stay for a good while. 

Hes flirted with leaving in the past, and there definitely has been drama with the staff in the past, but it’s an extremely good situation for everyone right now. But then again, when you go over two years without losing (which we just surpassed this week) of course it’s going to be good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Hes flirted with leaving in the past, and there definitely has been drama with the staff in the past, but it’s an extremely good situation for everyone right now

Yeah, there's a clear pecking order right now, and everyone knows their role. Lotsa respect and camaraderie in the field house. There's also a pretty clear line of succession if/when King decides to retire. So no backstabbing. Zero drama or bickering.  

Really healthy situation. Make the work that much more rewarding, in my opinion. 

Todd Rodgers, Argyle:  HC/AD; 17th Season; 188-34/84% winning percentage;  7 straight Lone Star Cups(10 total); 1 SC/5 Appearances; I'm sure there is more.  I don't know his salary, but let's just say he has built a dynasty in all sports, hired the right people, and is very happy in Argyle.  The list is deep in the other sports as well......basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf, etc. for State Titles.

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Heck yea! I've been a fan of King for several years. Had the pleasure of meeting him when Haynes was playing soccer with my son. Great guy and coach!

I say 300k with an unlimited expense account 

Lol, got my vote.  👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Agreed. If King hadn’t gone to College Station, I would’ve felt a little differently. But he did and I think he’ll stay for a good while. 

Hes flirted with leaving in the past, and there definitely has been drama with the staff in the past, but it’s an extremely good situation for everyone right now. But then again, when you go over two years without losing (which we just surpassed this week) of course it’s going to be good.

Yes, we were courting him HARD over here. But we all knew it was a long shot plus living in Longview is a major plus.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Todd Rodgers, Argyle:  HC/AD; 17th Season; 188-34/84% winning percentage;  7 straight Lone Star Cups(10 total); 1 SC/5 Appearances; I'm sure there is more.  I don't know his salary, but let's just say he has built a dynasty in all sports, hired the right people, and is very happy in Argyle.

He should be top 5 with ease with what he's built.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

He should be top 5 with ease with what he's built.

Agree. 

If I'm a wealthy "white flight" program around the Metroplex, I'd try to money-whip him to come there. Dude can flat-out coach

I would say that Argyle is quite a bit more frugal than Carthage when it comes to athletic facilities and spending, but most likely have more millionaires per capita.  You know how those people with money are......good with the budgets and ink.....LOL.  I think the enrollment numbers for Argyle vs Carthage is almost identical......and the population of the communities is fairly  close also.  Maybe the expenditures by both schools is closer than I think......how would we really know?  Most likely Argyle spends more money on the other sports and not as much as Carthage on just football.

24 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Todd Rodgers, Argyle:  HC/AD; 17th Season; 188-34/84% winning percentage;  7 straight Lone Star Cups(10 total); 1 SC/5 Appearances; I'm sure there is more.  I don't know his salary, but let's just say he has built a dynasty in all sports, hired the right people, and is very happy in Argyle.  The list is deep in the other sports as well......basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf, etc. for State Titles.

Argyle is 1st class and the entire program is phenomenal.   Kudos to you guys