Bye vs. Alto

YellowjacketBacker

At first I was like, what? 😂 

I'm going with Alto. That game Friday night vs. Corrigan-Camden was very physical and I think a few extra days to heal and just catch our breath a little bit is great! We are going into the bye week feeling confident and accomplished. We’ll pick right back up next week when we start district at Big Sandy. Trust me, the boys will be ready to go. 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigj said:

If anyone going to the  Jr High games tonight let me know how it goes. I believe there playing Grapeland. 

After 1 quarter the game was called because of weather.  Alto was up 8-0 over Grapeland.

The JV played in Palestine Westwood and the game was called with :21 left in the 2nd quarter:  Alto lead 20-8.

I wished the Jr High would have got a chance to finish. It would have been a really good game. Grapeland Jr High is really good. They only have one team but 38 kids on the team. High school has less. Lol Grapeland 7th Grade class is really good and big.  Coach Ward has a lot to work with the next few years. 6th Grade class is huge and has a lot of football players. Plus Ward has started a pre Athletics down there in 6th grade. Grapeland and Alto may be back in the same district next year.

50 minutes ago, bigj said:

I wished the Jr High would have got a chance to finish. It would have been a really good game. Grapeland Jr High is really good. They only have one team but 38 kids on the team. High school has less. Lol Grapeland 7th Grade class is really good and big.  Coach Ward has a lot to work with the next few years. 6th Grade class is huge and has a lot of football players. Plus Ward has started a pre Athletics down there in 6th grade. Grapeland and Alto may be back in the same district next year.

38 kids on one team?!  What?  lol  Why do they not have two teams?  That's a huge group for 2 grade levels in 2A.  We have 25 on our middle school roster, and that's about 5-6 fewer than last year when we fielded two teams each game.  I guarantee you if we had 38 we would be playing an A/B team or 7/8 or something! lol Too many boys standing on the sidelines not getting to play in that situation.

Wish they could have finished, too!  I was texting back and forth with one of the parents because I was at the JV game at Westwood.  So far none of our teams have lost a game this year.  We are pretty pumped about that!  I was told Grapeland would more than likely be coming back up to D1 so there is a big chance we'll be back in the same district.  That would be great!  Even if they don't put us together, I think we have y'all penciled in for pre-district.  It will be good for Alto-Grapeland to be back on the schedule.  Been doing the baseball thing for awhile, might as well add football back to the mix! lol

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

38 kids on one team?!  What?  lol  Why do they not have two teams?  That's a huge group for 2 grade levels in 2A.  We have 25 on our middle school roster, and that's about 5-6 fewer than last year when we fielded two teams each game.  I guarantee you if we had 38 we would be playing an A/B team or 7/8 or something! lol Too many boys standing on the sidelines not getting to play in that situation.

Wish they could have finished, too!  I was texting back and forth with one of the parents because I was at the JV game at Westwood.  So far none of our teams have lost a game this year.  We are pretty pumped about that!  I was told Grapeland would more than likely be coming back up to D1 so there is a big chance we'll be back in the same district.  That would be great!  Even if they don't put us together, I think we have y'all penciled in for pre-district.  It will be good for Alto-Grapeland to be back on the schedule.  Been doing the baseball thing for awhile, might as well add football back to the mix! lol

Were division 2 no one really has two teams. Only Crockett.  Yes we will be back to Division 1 next year.