Gilmer vs Bullard

BIGTEX1972

2 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

#12, hes not bad but needs to work on his game vision.  If a play breaks up he stumbles to quickly figure it out. Usually results in a pass out of bounds.  Tennison gives a little better dual threat IMO also.  Which is always good.

Yea tennison opens our offense up, we have never not had a mobile Qb until the last two yrs. if y’all have noticed we run better when tennison is in the game because the backside D-end and LB has to to wait and can’t just fly in but when 12 is in they just go straight to the RB.

10 minutes ago, LOBOBUCKEYE said:

I will bet it all on our DEFENSE. Im just gonna leave it at that....we got sensitive fans in Gilmer that dont like when you hit them with truth about our offense.

That's why I was politically correct with my post. I don't dislike 12. We are just more versatile with 11. How's that

• Like 1

The best thing that can happen for Gilmer this week is to jump out to a commanding lead in the first quarter and have a 4-TD lead at the half.  This will give the coaching staff flexibility to use both qb's with the starters for some series and allow the backups some serious minutes they need.  Don't know if Gilmer can get that kind of lead on Bullard with their offense sputtering right now.......but this could be the game they need to smooth out the gears.  Gilmer wins mid-40's to low 20's for Bullard......by at least 3 TD's.

1 hour ago, Maineman1988 said:

Some Gilmer Fans or i should say followers that are coach wanna be’s and don’t know a darn thing about what goes in Gilmer’s program 

So are you saying you do? I think we all have seen when number 11 is in the game the offense moves so smooth compared to when 12 is in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

So are you saying you do? I think we all have seen when number 11 is in the game the offense moves so smooth compared to when 12 is in.

I promise you if some of these posters had their real name out there, they wouldn’t be keyboard warriors or key board coaches 

15 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

I promise you if some of these posters had their real name out there, they wouldn’t be keyboard warriors or key board coaches 

I don’t care about any of that but I don’t understand why they won’t give tennison a chance because he’s a Soph when they gave hurt a shot last yr when he was a soph. So you can see why eyebrows would raise especially he shows you he can be explosive 

39 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

Cody Dodson, moved to gilmer three years ago, currently work for the city of gilmer for almost three years, if you want more I can be found in the city limits working somewhere Monday thru Friday 7-3.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I don’t care about any of that but I don’t understand why they won’t give tennison a chance because he’s a Soph when they gave hurt a shot last yr when he was a soph. So you can see why eyebrows would raise especially he shows you he can be explosive 

Not sure why they don’t either but I do know, if you asked the coaches that make that decision they would tell you what their reasoning is.  

Personally, I think it's a little too soon to "start" #11.  I just don't think he is quite ready yet.  I would bet it wouldn't take him long, though, if he had more PT, and got a chance to run more plays.  It's not like he doesn't know the playbook.  Right now, all he has been allowed to do is straight out runs, with some RPO mixed in.  Rarely does he get a chance to show off what he can do with his arm.  #12 gets a little antsy when he's under pressure.  He's quick enough to elude most defenders, but he has problems keeping the play alive because he stops looking downfield when pressure is heavy.  One good thing about that is he isn't turning the ball over.  That's a GOOD thing after 4 years in a row with turnovers being our biggest achille's heel offensively.  The part that aggravates me is the continuous penalties and lack of execution by the offense.  That problem started before last season, and hasn't improved very much.  I question the play-calling a little, but even then, if you execute like you're supposed to good things can happen.

• Like 1