Gilmer vs Bullard

BIGTEX1972

I think #11 is ready but that’s just what I think. I’m not a coach or the coach just speaking my mind here. #11 will not be the an til he is a senior and #12 is graduated. There’s no competing for that spot. #12 only plays qb #11 has been seen and effective at safety receiver and qb. If there was true competition or chance for 11 to be qb he would got to get plenty pt second half of Atlanta and Paris game. And if we get ahead Friday let’s see what happen second half. 

This situation reminds be of 2014 when M Carter was the starting QB, and B Lynch played QB in the Wildcat, but mostly played WR and S. That rotation worked extremely well. Neither of these guys are a Carter and Lynch, but you get the point. I would defiantly give him more snaps at QB than he has been getting, as it only opens up the offense more. Maybe they will, who knows.

17 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

This situation reminds be of 2014 when M Carter was the starting QB, and B Lynch played QB in the Wildcat, but mostly played WR and S. That rotation worked extremely well. Neither of these guys are a Carter and Lynch, but you get the point. I would defiantly give him more snaps at QB than he has been getting, as it only opens up the offense more. Maybe they will, who knows.

The difference is both of those QB's had some mobility. Our offense works much better with a mobile QB. 12 can throw the ball there is no doubt. But mobility is not one of his stronger traits. 11 gives us much more versatility but he never throws. I'm just gonna go to the games, and cheer loud. Be quiet and not anybody off🤫🤫 The defense will be our best friend this year. 

People like to compare 11 to lynch I’m not sure why. You can’t make that comparison when 11 I hear is only a young 15 year old and I think the roster got him at 5/10 150#. I’ve yet to see him back down to any of the big schools we have played. Lynch was what 200# 6/3 and 18years old?

"Sleeping" on ANY team right now wouldn't be smart at all.  Gilmer "should" win handily, but they better prepare for Bullard just like they are Newton, Carthage, Paris, or anybody else.  Right now, this Buckeye team absolutely HAS to get the kinks ironed out on offense, and continue to improve on defense.  Going against a team like Bullard "should" allow progress if we are ready to play.  If we focus on ourselves the rest will take care of itself.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Acewell said:

We will see won't we

Buckeyes won 62-0 last year, and are a much better team this year. I've seen both play THIS year, and well.....yeah. Bullard isn't very good I must say, and I think unfortunately for them, Gilmer will feed off their win over Newton last week. I like the Bullard QB, he's good and can really sling it, but just doesn't  have much to work with. Gilmer wins and is able to rest some key players. District starts next week!