New waverly.. CC .. Newton.. kountze.. Anderson-Shiro..Hemphill

corrigancamden09

2 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes ma’am 2014 was yalls first time to start playing us again!  That video of us playing Crockett was the 2014 team , 2013 we had 2 fullbacks to go with them running backs you seen in the video, both of them weighed 220..230 and ran a 4.8 in the 40..  

we could pound them big fullbacks right of the middle and then soon as the defense would key in on them .. we would hit them with the outside scat pitch with #10 and #2.. lol 

we went undefeated in the regular season winning district and went 4 rounds deep losing to waskom by 2 points.. 

Waskom is who beat us 2014 in state. We’ve gotten revenge but you can’t help but be salty over it, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

Oh, I feel ya. 😂 Heartbreaking 

The play was supposed to be a handoff to our fullback on the left side.. he already had over a 100yards rushing and a touchdown in that game.. but our QB turned the wrong way.....🤦‍♂️ I watch film on that game and if you go back and look you can see you could’ve drove a truck through the hole we had made... 😂  if he only could’ve just handed him the ball 

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

The play was supposed to be a handoff to our fullback on the left side.. he already had over a 100yards rushing and a touchdown in that game.. but our QB turned the wrong way.....🤦‍♂️ I watch film on that game and if you go back and look you can see you could’ve drove a truck through the hole we had made... 😂  if he only could’ve just handed him the ball 

Oh gah. 😔

On 10/1/2019 at 10:48 PM, corrigancamden09 said:

SA’S program made a complete turn around when they made a head coach change!  

And I was talking about Hemphill having two good running backs, I haven’t watched film on them yet.. but I’ve heard through the grapevine they’re supposedly the fastest backs in the region...🧐🤔

I would have liked to have seen a matchup between SA and Newton this year. Back in the day when I lived in fig town, these two teams had a pretty good rivalry going. I remember some pretty good games.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:06 AM, Newtonres7586 said:

I would have liked to have seen a matchup between SA and Newton this year. Back in the day when I lived in fig town, these two teams had a pretty good rivalry going. I remember some pretty good games.

It would probably be a good matchup! 

Hempill gave them a pretty good game this year!  District might be pretty interesting this year... 

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

It would probably be a good matchup! 

Hempill gave them a pretty good game this year!  District might be pretty interesting this year... 

I hope it is. That would be more fun. I see Corrigan, and Hemphill giving Newton a decent test. We'll see.

9 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

I hope it is. That would be more fun. I see Corrigan, and Hemphill giving Newton a decent test. We'll see.

Yes sir it would definitely be a lot more fun! 

But I still see y’all taking the 1 seed,  and we will battle Hemphill for 2nd ..  and Anderson-Shiro 3rd with new waverly taking 4th ..

but you can’t never tell with high school football!  Anything can happen.. especially when you play iron man football and only suit out 24 ..  staying healthy is the most important thing at this point in the season 

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

But I still see y’all taking the 1 seed,  and we will battle Hemphill for 2nd ..  and Anderson-Shiro 3rd with new waverly taking 4th ..

but you can’t never tell with high school football!  Anything can happen.. especially when you play iron man football and only suit out 24 ..  staying healthy is the most important thing at this point in the season 

You forgot Kountze 😂

22 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Tru Dat

I hope in next yrs realignment, UIL puts Newton in a district with some teams they haven't played in district before and I don't wanna hear any talk about travel distance, Longview travels to the Dallas area every other week for their district games 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

I hope in next yrs realignment, UIL puts Newton in a district with some teams they haven't played in district before and I don't wanna hear any talk about travel distance, Longview travels to the Dallas area every other week for their district games 

I guess we can hope to get in EF district.but I bet our average distance between district games is probably 20 miles further per district game than EF. Now the teams in south and west Texas, no comparison but Hemphill is our closest district game 44-50 miles. Anderson-Shiro is about 20 miles west of Huntsville., New Waverly is about 10-15 miles south of Huntsville

24 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

I guess we can hope to get in EF district.but I bet our average distance between district games is probably 20 miles further per district game than EF. Now the teams in south and west Texas, no comparison but Hemphill is our closest district game 44-50 miles. Anderson-Shiro is about 20 miles west of Huntsville., New Waverly is about 10-15 miles south of Huntsville

Just to make things a lil more challenging for Newton with some new teams would be interesting playing on our end I think, at least for two yrs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Just to make things a lil more challenging for Newton with some new teams would be interesting playing on our end I thing, at least for two yrs. 

It is whatever UIL wants. I don't know how far you are from Newton but a change  would be good and I feel like our district wouldn't mind loosing us one bit. Our average distance between district foes is 85 miles anyway. A few more wouldn't be terrible, I don't think. Whatever the UIL decides, heck we might be in Canadian district with the UIL. Who knows.

1 hour ago, jimmyw said:

It is whatever UIL wants. I don't know how far you are from Newton but a change  would be good and I feel like our district wouldn't mind loosing us one bit. Our average distance between district foes is 85 miles anyway. A few more wouldn't be terrible, I don't think. Whatever the UIL decides, heck we might be in Canadian district with the UIL. Who knows.

That's dam near clear across the state lol

46 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

That's dam near clear across the state lol

I am sure UIL want be that bad to us but who knows what they will do. Lexington is more in the center of the state but I think they  have been in 3 of the 4 different regions so who knows.