Week 7: #9 Alto Yellowjackets (5-0) @ Big Sandy Wildcats (1-4) - 10/11/19

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Big Sandy  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Big Sandy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2019 at 12:30 AM

13 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

I hate to say it but 21 had like a neon sign on him he finally settled down and played a very good 2nd half and last 2 minutes. He was the culprit on several times. 

Dude.  I hate to say it, but that comment will NOT win you fans in the Alto community. In fact, I’m grabbing my popcorn, and going to kick back and watch. 😂 Plus, it’s totally ridiculous.  21 knows his job.  Be certain.  He’s a GREAT player, and I’d lay money on the fact that he knows the ins and outs of this game more than 95% of adults on this board.  (Present company excluded, I guess). The refs were flag happy for us. Period.  (Fairly certain we’ve seen this before, and will see it again) Good luck the rest of your season. 

• Like 2

Not saying he was bad by any stretch he was playing to the echo of the whistle and got caught.  It wasn't malicious or anything just got caught up in the play. The block in the back was being a little aggressive and was a bang bang deal and the ref was looking at it.. he gathered his composer and played a great game the rest of the way. He stuck his nose in everything I enjoyed watching him play hard as heck I mean no disrespect at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jorr2car said:

Oh these people complaining about the refs 😂😂😂😂

Hope y'all don't lose sleep over it. Lot more to life than some flags and refs. 

Good luck to Alto the rest of the way, very talented team.

Nah.  We don’t lose sleep over Flags and refs in the Toe.  (If we did we’d be insomniacs 😂).  Now if we’d had that upset you were talking about, we’d probably never sleep again. Ha! Thank you, good luck to you as well. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bigj47 said:

Good game Alto. After seeing them and San Augustine vs Big Sandy think these two are right now. Would give SA the edge by 2tds. Too many playmakers

My opinion which is just an opinion is that, SA is a good 42-14 over Alto. From what I’ve seen. And as far as the BS vs Alto game, Alto is really really good, but Big Sandy is actually decent, it’s just injuries have been catching up to them this year, they’ll be fine vs Grove, Hawkins, and Cushing in this district, and it’ll be a battle against Carlisle. Last night Big Sandy offensively wasn’t great but, you could tell that they were actually trying to compete in every phase of the game. And not to mention playing Grove next week will be a great break from the schedule that we’ve been playing. 

1 hour ago, wildcat001 said:

My opinion which is just an opinion is that, SA is a good 42-14 over Alto. From what I’ve seen. And as far as the BS vs Alto game, Alto is really really good, but Big Sandy is actually decent, it’s just injuries have been catching up to them this year, they’ll be fine vs Grove, Hawkins, and Cushing in this district, and it’ll be a battle against Carlisle. Last night Big Sandy offensively wasn’t great but, you could tell that they were actually trying to compete in every phase of the game. And not to mention playing Grove next week will be a great break from the schedule that we’ve been playing. 

I just cant see the Big Sandy team we could have hung a 100 on even staying with Alto in the 1st half.  

3 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

I just cant see the Big Sandy team we could have hung a 100 on even staying with Alto in the 1st half.  

I watched the game film of SA and BS, BS looked pretty bad that game. But it was game 1, they have improved, but we certainly didn’t play great. We gave up a kickoff return, and had several penalties on their one drive, so I wouldn’t say they hung around. Maybe by the score, but not on the field.

• Like 1

One of the local papers said unofficially Big Sandy had under 50 yards of offense. Some folks I know said Alto might have ran 30 plays the entire game but probably had 400 yards of offense. Either way, Alto won comfortably. Good thing about the SA-Alto comparison...as long as both teams keep on winning we’ll all get to see it in person!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Well Wolfman you’re right, y’all could’ve hung 150 on us that night. And I’m not saying THIS IN ANY WAY WOULDVE CHANGED THE GAME😂 butttt Big Sandy is horrendous to watch on the road. They actually get a little amped up at home. Just a really streaky team.

12 minutes ago, wildcat001 said:

Well Wolfman you’re right, y’all could’ve hung 150 on us that night. And I’m not saying THIS IN ANY WAY WOULDVE CHANGED THE GAME😂 butttt Big Sandy is horrendous to watch on the road. They actually get a little amped up at home. Just a really streaky team.

It wasnt as bad as what I witnessed last night smh...HD is just flat out bad.

The Jacket defense put up some pretty impressive numbers again:

BS 40 rush attempts; 24 yds

Passing: 10/2/0; 17 yds

50 plays
41 total yds

Our defense has been playing lights out. We’ll hope for more of the same this coming Friday when we are back home (after being away 4 weeks including bye!) vs. Carlisle. 

25 minutes ago, wildcat001 said:

I thought Big Sandy played hard and were definitely amped up in front of a packed homecoming crowd. I thought our boys were very aggressive, probably more so than what the officials wanted or were used to. At one point I was like “maybe they prefer us to just play two below?” 🙄 🤣

42 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

One of the local papers said unofficially Big Sandy had under 50 yards of offense. Some folks I know said Alto might have ran 30 plays the entire game but probably had 400 yards of offense. Either way, Alto won comfortably. Good thing about the SA-Alto comparison...as long as both teams keep on winning we’ll all get to see it in person!

I haven’t seen the offensive stats but it seems to me we ran up and down the field on them, pretty much at will. Then a “holding” call or some other questionable penalty would bring us back. Everyone was a little frustrated, but we worked our way through it and finished strong. I know we didn’t put up 70 or 83 points but still a pretty dang good night! Big Sandy was scrappy this night! They never gave up.