BIGTEX1972

Spring Hill vs Gilmer  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Panthers
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

No doubt. This years D line is stout and will stay in SH backfield all night. Not gonna let that QB get comfortable and keep him scrambling. Hopefully we keep him on his back all night LOL.

Well, SH has some talented players, especially receivers. Gilmer “may” have some trouble with coverage at times, especially if Gage has time to throw. That’s going to be the key, as I don’t think the Panther OL will be much of a match against that Buckeye DL. I don’t think SH can run on Gilmer either. Both teams shoot themselves in the foot a lot with penalties, so look for that to continue. IMO, for SH to win this game, IN Gilmer, they will have to be able to run and open the passing game up. The OL will HAVE to allow Gage time to throw, and play smart, no dumb penalties. Defensively, they will have to stop the Buckeye running game, because I think Gilmer’s tall receivers will be a problem for the Panther small secondary. Should be a pretty good game for about a half, I also think Gilmer’s Big ol OL will wear down the smaller Panther DL allowing them to just run their offense and keep drives going, barring any dreaded turnovers!

• Like 3

Yeah it seems we have been plagued with Penalties ourselves for sure. Seems like we get hit with about 100 yards a night in stuff we no better than to be doing.

I agree our secondary does give up some plays, but we have to just keep pressure with our D Line to limit those good throws. Yeah trying to establish a running game with this front is going to be a challenge. 

Our O line is pretty big for sure. We have our moments, but we need to pick up some key blocks to keep the chains moving against SH. Still struggling a little with connecting with our receivers, but they will get it together. 

SH could surprise us a little, but I think in the end we will keep them at bay. But I'm a homer so what do I know lol...

How is the Bucs Secondary this year? Looks like SH figured some things out against a tough opponent last night. 6 TD passes and 450 yards passing is impressive. Not sure the QB will have enough time to find his receivers, but if he does this could be an interesting game. 

17 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

How is the Bucs Secondary this year? Looks like SH figured some things out against a tough opponent last night. 6 TD passes and 450 yards passing is impressive. Not sure the QB will have enough time to find his receivers, but if he does this could be an interesting game. 

This will be the best defense and overall team SH has faced this year, until we play PG. Silsbee was just awful defending the pass, especially against #1 (Rockwell). A lot of yardage came with pass interference calls. We couldn’t run much against them, but didn’t have to. We couldn’t stop their run game either. Confidence builder, but it’s about to get real!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BIGTEX1972 said:

I do think Spring Hill has a good quarterback and receivers but can their o line protect against Gilmer’s  d line?

I don’t think Gilmer has anyone that can cover #1 (Rockwell) 1 on 1, so it’s imperative the DL gets to the QB and disrupts his throws, because if he gets time, Rockwell will put on a show. With that being said, again, SH hasn’t seen a DL this aggressive yet this year.  

54 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I don’t think Gilmer has anyone that can cover #1 (Rockwell) 1 on 1, so it’s imperative the DL gets to the QB and disrupts his throws, because if he gets time, Rockwell will put on a show. With that being said, again, SH hasn’t seen a DL this aggressive yet this year.  

Gilmer's D should be strong enough

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Hahaha y’all scored 9 points on Malakoff and we have faced Dixon of Carthage so we aren’t worried about Spring Hill 1 man routes 

4 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hahaha y’all scored 9 points on Malakoff and we have faced Dixon of Carthage so we aren’t worried about Spring Hill 1 man routes 

SH did beat Silsbee though, and Silsbee went to the semifinals last year, so don't be too confident. I still think the Bux will win though.

2 minutes ago, CreateMyAccount said:

SH did beat Silsbee though, and Silsbee went to the semifinals last year, so don't be too confident. I still think the Bux will win though.

Man silsbee is way overrated that’s why newton put 52 on them. We aren’t over looking anyone but we are very confident. Every team we have played is better than Spring Hill so why wouldn’t we be confident l?

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1