Spring Hill vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

Spring Hill vs Gilmer  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Panthers
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah buddy I'm ready to see what we got cookin up for this game myself. 3 more days till kickoff...Ready to see this SH QB in action taking on our D Line. I know the kid looks pretty good and it will be up to the D to keep him as uncomfortable as possible. Hope to have a good game regardless.

56 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Yeah buddy I'm ready to see what we got cookin up for this game myself. 3 more days till kickoff...Ready to see this SH QB in action taking on our D Line. I know the kid looks pretty good and it will be up to the D to keep him as uncomfortable as possible. Hope to have a good game regardless.

Wow, a respectable Gilmer fan.

Win, lose, or draw I'm right there supporting our community every week. I just love this time of year. I might talk a little trash every now and then, but it's all in fun. Trust me I want us to Win, but when we dont...I'll be the first to congratulate the other team. Sometimes you are just out played in a chess match. 

But with that being said I hope to keep our momentum going with a W this week. Them Bux's are improving weekly and just want them to stay on track. Still have a lot of games to play. This game is just as mental as physical.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Win, lose, or draw I'm right there supporting our community every week. I just love this time of year. I might talk a little trash every now and then, but it's all in fun. Trust me I want us to Win, but when we dont...I'll be the first to congratulate the other team. Sometimes you are just out played in a chess match. 

But with that being said I hope to keep our momentum going with a W this week. Them Bux's are improving weekly and just want them to stay on track. Still have a lot of games to play. This game is just as mental as physical.

Yep! Good group of guys, and they are improving a lot every week. Especially on Defense. Going to be a good game, and I can’t wait to see what our boys do to the panthers. 

I would like to see fewer mistakes from the offense, and a passing game effective enough to keep the defense honest.  I would like to see Hurt pull the ball out of the RB gut and run a couple of times, or Tennison throw a pass or two.  But I'll settle for a Buckeye victory. 

Gilmer secondary is not awful. The safeties are actually really good at breaking up passes.  they don't have to commit as much to stopping the run with the Dline playing so good, so they can play a little deeper and key on the pass. The corners are still suspect at times on the outside. Gilmer plays a lot of bump and run coverage, and the corners often get caught a half step behind the receiver and not locating the football. But if Spring Hill is one dimensional, I really think they will struggle against the Gilmer defense. 

On 10/7/2019 at 4:33 PM, Buckeyelove said:

I just know the buckeyes are hungry. Defense seemed a lil tired against Bullard maybe from being on the field so much the past couple games but this first district game is about to be a level up week all around for the buckeyes 

You think Gilmer is hungry! SH is starving. A win over Gilmer will be a boost. It can happen. 

10 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

I would like to see fewer mistakes from the offense, and a passing game effective enough to keep the defense honest.  I would like to see Hurt pull the ball out of the RB gut and run a couple of times, or Tennison throw a pass or two.  But I'll settle for a Buckeye victory. 

Gilmer secondary is not awful. The safeties are actually really good at breaking up passes.  they don't have to commit as much to stopping the run with the Dline playing so good, so they can play a little deeper and key on the pass. The corners are still suspect at times on the outside. Gilmer plays a lot of bump and run coverage, and the corners often get caught a half step behind the receiver and not locating the football. But if Spring Hill is one dimensional, I really think they will struggle against the Gilmer defense. 

I don't think SH is one dimensional, they prefer to run between the tackles and try and just power their way through, but because Gilmer's defensive front will be the best we have seen thus far, we won't be able to do that, at least consistently. "IF" Gage has time to through and find his receivers, he can make some plays, but again, I just don't think he will have time and he will be scrambling a lot. Gilmer will have to swarm him and keep him from making those plays. Expect SH to throw some trick plays in there, and go for it on 4th down a few times as well. I'm predicting:

Spring Hill 6

Gilmer 35

Honestly the parking has not been too bad. The school has been doing a pretty good job working with what they got. The bus routes stay busy to make sure everyone is taken care of. I really thought it would be worse than it is in the beginning of the season. 

1 hour ago, Sbk5280 said:

Honestly the parking has not been too bad. The school has been doing a pretty good job working with what they got. The bus routes stay busy to make sure everyone is taken care of. I really thought it would be worse than it is in the beginning of the season. 

I actually like it better this was than the old.