Spring Hill vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

Spring Hill vs Gilmer  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Panthers
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

We were snapping the ball in the 4th quarter with 25 seconds on the play clock. I don't get the mentality of what we are trying to accomplish. I guess our arrogance just tells us don't worry about how much time is left. Anyhow we managed a W. Move on to the next one. 

A few quick observations: 

1. Gilmer was the better team tonight, but any team with a passing attack like Spring Hill has a punchers chance in a game like this. Gilmer was ahead 28 to 7 and 42 to 20, at Spring Hill got back in the game both times.

2. Offensive  MVP definitely was Bush. He was a wrecking ball all night. Spring Hill had no answer for him. 

3. Defensive  MVP was Spraglin. The pick six on the first offensive play of the game for spring hill was huge. His third quarter interception was also really big. 

4.  Gilmer defense didn’t play that bad. The score before half should’ve never happened. Looked like offensive pass interference. But Springhill offense got the ball out of the QBs hands really quick, so Gilmer had no chance to get pressure on him.   Couple of breakdowns in the secondary, but that was a really good offense. 

5. I do wish Gilmer would’ve stayed with Tennison the entire second half.   Springhill could not stop the running game. If Gilmer had just kept him in and alternated between him and Bush, They would’ve marched up and down the field all night long. Also frustrating to still see Gilmer self destruct.  After Spring Hill made it 42 to 28, Gilmer was marching straight down the field, until two consecutive false starts and a block in the back killed the drive. It did not hurt them tonight, but that could cost them a game at some point. 

6. Spring Hill is much better than last year. It still might not matter in this district, however. There are just no easy teams. But Spring Hill is better, especially offensively.  Best quarterback I have seen this year. 

Any win in district is a good win. Congrats to the buckeyes.  But they will have to play better if they have any chance next week  

Question for you guys. Is a spread offense really a spread offense when you are not putting the ball in the air? We have big receivers that hardly seen the ball. There was a mismatch in size all game that we should have taken advantage of. Spring Hill used it to their advantage with #1. To have a 3 possession game in the 4th to almost give it away. 

Spring Hill never gave up and made it a game. A little closer than I would like, but it is still a W. Congrats to the Bux. It was not a clean game and the mistakes need to be fixed. Penalties are still a killer. On to the next one.