Spring Hill vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

Spring Hill vs Gilmer  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Panthers
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

Spring Hill offense is much better after going back to the spread.  They were trying play action off of power sets most of the year.  

The defense changes every week depending on what the coaches think will work. I'm good with that and taking all the risks. The Gilmer o line and backs were just too much.

7 hours ago, Sbk5280 said:

Question for you guys. Is a spread offense really a spread offense when you are not putting the ball in the air? We have big receivers that hardly seen the ball. There was a mismatch in size all game that we should have taken advantage of. Spring Hill used it to their advantage with #1. To have a 3 possession game in the 4th to almost give it away. 

Spring Hill never gave up and made it a game. A little closer than I would like, but it is still a W. Congrats to the Bux. It was not a clean game and the mistakes need to be fixed. Penalties are still a killer. On to the next one.

The spread can and has been used as a run only formation successfully.

The size mismatch with SH #16 didn't work out very well last year. He had at least 2 picks and several break ups.

I get it but we have always been a pass heavy team. And we are really struggling in that area this year. We have large receivers that can make big plays, but can't seem to ever get the ball. I'm afraid if we can't get things fixed some of these guys might not be here next year. There are things a brewing because of frustration. 

Tennison is looking better and better. He just needs to make better throws when he is giving that opportunity. If he can get that down I think the coaches would have a hard decision. He needs to shine and prove to people that he can. I love to see him mobile in the back, but he needs to be a threat down field as well.

9 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

We have large receivers that can make big plays, but can't seem to ever get the ball. I'm afraid if we can't get things fixed some of these guys might not be here next year. 

Surely someone wouldn’t transfer for athletic reasons? 

• LOL! 1

Naw it would be to go to a better church of course or different job opportunity. I'm sure it's nothing anyways, but some disgruntled parents and frustrated kids. I honestly would hate for anything like this to happen. These kids are playing hard and just want a shot to fulfill their potential. This team could go deep in the playoffs if a few adjustments would be made. Special group of kids that need direction. 

Just ignore some of my post. Just an outsider looking in. Listening to too many people lol. Gilmer is full of tradition but I'm starting to see a shift around here. The community needs to come together a little more. If you dont believe me just take a look in our stands. The crowds have been getting smaller and smaller over the years. Which is a shame. I love this community and proud to be here.

1 minute ago, Sbk5280 said:

Naw it would be to go to a better church of course or different job opportunity. I'm sure it's nothing anyways, but some disgruntled parents and frustrated kids. I honestly would hate for anything like this to happen. These kids are playing hard and just want a shot to fulfill their potential. This team could go deep in the playoffs if a few adjustments would be made. Special group of kids that need direction. 

Just ignore some of my post. Just an outsider looking in. Listening to too many people lol. Gilmer is full of tradition but I'm starting to see a shift around here. The community needs to come together a little more. If you dont believe me just take a look in our stands. The crowds have been getting smaller and smaller over the years. Which is a shame. I love this community and proud to be here.

This is what happens when politics comes into play. It has showed the last two yrs we have put kids at QB just because they like the kid and their parents not because of talent. When traylor was here the best kids played, heck we sub like we are playing basketball I have never seen it in my life. It’s really starting to show that our OC has always been someone who translate the signals instead of calling plays. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I understand resting your starters when they are getting tired. But too many subs can play against you. When you have momentum with a group on the field keep them together. If they start getting burned then sub them out for a min. Some of the subs you just shake your head and wonder why. If you get burned then make an adjustment to see if you can get relief another way. 

I agree with play calling it is very predictable. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different. These teams know the routine and we need to mix it up a little more. We are having success with Bush and Shead and teams are having a hard time shutting them down. We need to take some of the pressure off of them with the passing plays to open the front up more.

6 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

This is what happens when politics comes into play. It has showed the last two yrs we have put kids at QB just because they like the kid and their parents not because of talent. When traylor was here the best kids played, heck we sub like we are playing basketball I have never seen it in my life. It’s really starting to show that our OC has always been someone who translate the signals instead of calling plays. 

If Traylor was still here 12 would still be the QB bro. 

• Like 1

Gilmer’s defense had no answer for wideouts Rockwell and Henry, but stopped the run pretty much. They played ok, not great against a smaller Panther OL. Surprised at Gilmer’s lack of passing in this game. Their two big receivers were non factors pretty much, and I thought there would be some opportunities there. Finally, I have never seen a game with that many personal fouls in my life. I don’t know if it was because they were playing SH or what, but 100 yards in penalties is unacceptable. #11 should be the QB, he adds another dynamic to that position.

Penalties, along with lack of execution in the passing game, are killing us.  Some of those penalties are questionable at best, and the lack of calls against the other team we're playing is not helping either.  A clear push off by #1 in the end zone at the end of the first half cost us seven points.  The thing is, though, there ain't a coach on our team who will have our players' back when the refs make a bad call or miss an obvious call against our opponent.  I would like to see at least one of our coaches get in the refs ear when he does make a bad call.  It hasn't happened the past 4 years.  These coaches need to have our players' backs!

Yes, a win is a win, but good grief, stop letting off the throttle when you build a lead, especially against a team with a good offense.  No killer instinct will get you beat one day by a lesser team, in my opinion.

Whoops!  My frustration is showing...

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 10:14 AM, eagle34 said:

If 12 gives them the best chance to win, you are correct. I remember him benching his own son at QB. He only played after injury occurred. 

yes, but Jordan was the starting TE/WR prior to moving to QB and was probably near the team lead in receptions at the time of that injury. I remember how shocked I was that he stepped in and was as good as he was. he knew the offense so well...it was just very clean.

5 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

yes, but Jordan was the starting TE/WR prior to moving to QB and was probably near the team lead in receptions at the time of that injury. I remember how shocked I was that he stepped in and was as good as he was. he knew the offense so well...it was just very clean.

I truly believe that losing Luke Turner that year cost us a championship.  It wasn't because of Traylor not being a good QB.  He was.  However, the offense changed drastically when Luke went down.  Even if Luke wasn't the starting QB, he was a big time playmaker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackflag79 said:

I truly believe that losing Luke Turner that year cost us a championship.  It wasn't because of Traylor not being a good QB.  He was.  However, the offense changed drastically when Luke went down.  Even if Luke wasn't the starting QB, he was a big time playmaker.

Luke was very much a Sam Ehlinger type. Big, quick, elusive...loved to run and would run you over...and could throw too. I agree that year and the GJ Kinne year were both big regret years as far as letting Buckeye championships slip out of the grasps.

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Luke was very much a Sam Ehlinger type. Big, quick, elusive...loved to run and would run you over...and could throw too. I agree that year and the GJ Kinne year were both big regret years as far as letting Buckeye championships slip out of the grasps.

We had no defense in '06 when GJ was our QB.  If we would've had at least an average defense, I think we would've won it all.  I told a couple of buddies of mine after the Daingerfield game that year (a game we won 62-42) that we can't win a championship playing that kind of defense.  I also said that if a team held us under 40 points they would likely beat us.  Sure enough..., first round against Liberty-Eylau, we lost 39-36 (the first time we were held under 40).  Not to take anything away from the L-E team, though.  They were very good, and went on to win it all.  Will Middlebrooks, LaMichael James, and company were a beast of a team, too.

• Like 1