WEEK 7: Paris(4-2) at Celina(4-2)

regaleagle

Celina also has a very athletic senior and well-seasoned Qb in Hunter Watson(6-3/190).  Logan Point is simply a beast at RB, and so is Logan Engle at MLB.  They are ALL top-echelon players at the 4A level and Celina has a whole bunch of them......lots of quality juniors and seniors.  No doubt Celina's defense looked impressive against the run, but we didn't see them against a passing attack at all last night.  But as far as stuffing the run goes.......they can get it done, no problemo.

No reason not to be confident in the Eagles, that’s for sure. They’ve got plenty of weapons. If they get the defense sorted out, they will certainly be hard to beat.

I too am anxious to see how Celina does against the potent spread of Melissa next week too. It’s such a contrast and hard to prepare for, just because there are so many points of attack.

But if the defense plays as disciplined and as quick as they did against Paris, then the Bobcats can hang with anybody.

I don’t know that the wheels have fallen off, necessarily. They were hurt without Jackson, and I don’t know that they were expecting to get hit in the mouth like they were against Celina. And it just never slowed down, so frustration set in, tempers started to rise, lots of penalties, etc.

You certainly hope the Wildcats don’t have the viewpoint of the wheels have fallen off. The pieces are still there to finish the season strong and make some noise in the postseason.

I'm not surprised at all that Celina won, but surprised at the margin of victory and very surprised at the shutout. Anybody who thought there was a demise of Celina the last couple of seasons is sadly mistaken. This week's Celina-Melissa game should be a great one. Paris was a 2 headed monster and one of those heads was missing. Melissa is a 6 headed monster and it will be very interesting to see what Celina does to stop that attack.. and will Celina be able to run at will on a banged up and depleted Melissa D?