Week 8: Carlisle Indians (4-2 | 1-0) @ #8 Alto Yellowjackets (6-0 | 1-0) - 10/18/2019

StingEmALTO

Carlisle @ Alto  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carlisle
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2019 at 12:30 AM

Just now, Jacket44 said:

I think Carlisle is the best team we will face until playoffs. But I will say the last few teams they played our JV would play a good game with and probably beat a couple. Carlisle has taken care of business in those games and that’s all you can ask for, but we are battle tested and ready this year. We were soft last year, not the case this year.

Alto will be the best team we've played since Sabine, no doubt. But we gon come at em 100... All we can do, let the chips fly and fall, see what it look like at the last buzzer.. Should be fun to watch. 

36 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Alto will be the best team we've played since Sabine, no doubt. But we gon come at em 100... All we can do, let the chips fly and fall, see what it look like at the last buzzer.. Should be fun to watch. 

I agree, going to be fun, I fully expect it to be a good game. Last year was just bad on our part against a good team, and if we come out and play like that again we will see close to the same results. I really thought y’all were the team to beat after that game, but that’s why you play the games. 

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

It will be worse than last year's #### whoopin' .... Alto in a woodshedding of epic proportions .... 

I like the way you think @KirtFalcon! 😂 If I I had your confidence, I could relax and not be nervous. But I’m not there.....my heart’s already beating fast when I think about it for too long. 🤣🤣 Gonna be a battle. I guess I could be like Coach Meeks. When you ask him a prediction or what he thinks about how a game will turn out: “As long as we win by one.” Smart man. LOL But winning (or thinking we will win) by more than that helps me relax a little! No relaxing this week!! 😩😆

• Like 1

Just now, Jacket44 said:

I agree, going to be fun, I fully expect it to be a good game. Last year was just bad on our part against a good team, and if we come out and play like that again we will see close to the same results. I really thought y’all were the team to beat after that game, but that’s why you play the games. 

Yes sir, tenaha put hands on us, ain't no getting round that and no excuses.. Js 

19 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Yes sir, tenaha put hands on us, ain't no getting round that and no excuses.. Js 

I went to the Centerville vs Tenaha game in Palestine last year, couldn’t believe either one of those teams could play with Carlisle last year. 

Just now, Jacket44 said:

I went to the Centerville vs Tenaha game in Palestine last year, couldn’t believe either one of those teams could play with Carlisle last year. 

Sometimes teams have a sucky game, tol them they should have played on Friday night, some kids get completely out of sync if ya change them up, that team last year was like that. And tenaha busted us rite in Tha mouth and we folded up like a cheep suit.. Js 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Sometimes teams have a sucky game, tol them they should have played on Friday night, some kids get completely out of sync if ya change them up, that team last year was like that. And tenaha busted us rite in Tha mouth and we folded up like a cheep suit.. Js 

That was a special team. They cleaned a lot of clocks. Everyone had them penciled in vs. SA last year in the regional finals.   Disappointing to say the least I’m sure.

We’ve had a few of those; everyone has. The one that hurts me the most to this day is the ‘96 Jackets. 🤦‍♂️ Ugh

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

That was a special team. They cleaned a lot of clocks. Everyone had them penciled in vs. SA last year in the regional finals.   Disappointing to say the least I’m sure.

We’ve had a few of those; everyone has. The one that hurts me the most to this day is the ‘96 Jackets. 🤦‍♂️ Ugh

The one that bugs me is the loss to Centerville in Palastine to face refugio, we had it, then let it slip away, kinda like that dude with the fishing pole and a dollar hanging off it... Oh you were close.... Lol 

• LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

96 team is arguably the best team to come through Alto, but in my opinion it was! Hard to take still 23 years later, but that’s why we play the games. if you went off Rankings and Scores we would all need to hang it up this year, but I can tell you from experience, it doesn’t work that way!

47 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

96 team is arguably the best team to come through Alto, but in my opinion it was! Hard to take still 23 years later, but that’s why we play the games. if you went off Rankings and Scores we would all need to hang it up this year, but I can tell you from experience, it doesn’t work that way!

Couldn’t believe we lost it. Still can’t. Groveton just walked through the rest of the playoffs to the championship....then lost. I was happy about that at the time. Lol

Anyway, YES! Settle it on the field. 

58 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

The one that bugs me is the loss to Centerville in Buffalo to face refugio, we had it, then let it slip away, kinda like that dude with the fishing pole and a dollar hanging off it... Oh you were close.... Lol 

6 points. I had to go look it up. 23-17 with a trip to the semis on the line. Ugh I feel ya. 

1 hour ago, Jacket44 said:

How many fumbled punts?  3, 4?  Missed PAT.

Playoff game in Palestine against Centerville few years ago still stings as well.  Driving at the end to win and fumbled.  They go down and nail a FG.

18 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Playoff game in Palestine against Centerville few years ago still stings as well.  Driving at the end to win and fumbled.  They go down and nail a FG.

I think every attempted punt return was a fumbled.  😩 And the PAT guy had not missed one all year and in fact had some kind of record going for most PATs. If, if, if.... lol

Yes to Centerville game too. Smh

3 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think every attempted punt return was a fumbled.  😩 And the PAT guy had not missed one all year and in fact had some kind of record going for most PATs. If, if, if.... lol

Yes to Centerville game too. Smh

Seems as if cville has broken a lot of hearts... Lol 

15 hours ago, Red90fly said:

The fumbled opening second half kickoff at the 20 was the nail in the coffin. Groveton scored on it, and on one of the muffed punts. 

4 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

The one that bugs me is the loss to Centerville in Buffalo to face refugio, we had it, then let it slip away, kinda like that dude with the fishing pole and a dollar hanging off it... Oh you were close.... Lol 

That game was played in Palestine chain if your talking about the one where it rained.