Week 8: Carlisle Indians (4-2 | 1-0) @ #8 Alto Yellowjackets (6-0 | 1-0) - 10/18/2019

StingEmALTO

Carlisle @ Alto  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carlisle
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2019 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Week 10 in Shelbyville.  Good warm up for the playoffs.

They are playing good defense, allowing 93 points this year. Best I can tell that is second to Alto who has allowed 63 through 7 games. Could be a decent test. I expect SA will win it but like you said a good warmup for playoffs and probably better than what you’ll see round 1. 

No disrespect to Carlisle but Warren not playing and having High play WR slowed the offense down for Alto. But The coaching staff was able to make adjustments and make things work! Proud to see a coach willing and and able to change up some things if needed. Even if sometimes it’s just to bring something new to the table. Keep it up coaches!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JACKETLIFE said:

No disrespect to Carlisle but Warren not playing and having High play WR slowed the offense down for Alto. But The coaching staff was able to make adjustments and make things work! Proud to see a coach willing and and able to change up some things if needed. Even if sometimes it’s just to bring something new to the table. Keep it up coaches!

Did what we had to do. Great minds with this staff all the way around. Got these kids believing. This was the game we absolutely had to have. No worries the next 3-4 weeks. Talked to Warren’s kin again. The Ortho left the splint on an extra week because the fracture was lined up beautifully and he didn’t want to tamper with it. Will long cast him this week and then most likely short cast with clearance to play by 1st playoff game. But I bet we still sit him that week and maybe the following depending who we get. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Did what we had to do. Great minds with this staff all the way around. Got these kids believing. This was the game we absolutely had to have. No worries the next 3-4 weeks. Talked to Warren’s kin again. The Ortho left the splint on an extra week because the fracture was lined up beautifully and he didn’t want to tamper with it. Will long cast him this week and then most likely short cast with clearance to play by 1st playoff game. But I bet we still sit him that week and maybe the following depending who we get. 

I think he will play some as soon as he can play, but I agree about not needing him until the second round. We need to get our ground game back on track, moving High outside helped the overall offense but hurt the running game. 25 carries for 68 yards out of the backfield isn’t going to cut it against a better team. Carlisle plays hard and is very well coached and has no quit in them, but we are at least 3 more scores better than what we put up. Our defense was lights out again, and made changes at the half to stop what Carlisle was successful with in the first half ( good coaching). I thought 4 for Carlisle played at a high level even with his 4 Ints. I know the Carlisle fans were complaining about the ints., but when you got that defensive front after you it’s definitely not easy. Overall I was really happy with with the games results, JUST WIN, BABY!!!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jacket44 said:

I think he will play some as soon as he can play, but I agree about not needing him until the second round. We need to get our ground game back on track, moving High outside helped the overall offense but hurt the running game. 25 carries for 68 yards out of the backfield isn’t going to cut it against a better team. Carlisle plays hard and is very well coached and has no quit in them, but we are at least 3 more scores better than what we put up. Our defense was lights out again, and made changes at the half to stop what Carlisle was successful with in the first half ( good coaching). I thought 4 for Carlisle played at a high level even with his 4 Ints. I know the Carlisle fans were complaining about the ints., but when you got that defensive front after you it’s definitely not easy. Overall I was really happy with with the games results, JUST WIN, BABY!!!!! 

Agree with all of that! 

I agree with at least getting Warren a little playing time as soon as possible because need to get timing back in place. Also to get High back in the backfield to help with the run game. Two WR’s and two RB’s that can take it to the house will open up everything once again. Along with help from some of the others that can get a lot of playing time the next 3-4 weeks. Keep everyone healthy and keep working!