Gilmer vs PG  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gilmer
    • PG

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

What do you think about your gw bears?

Ehhhh 😂 Truthfully they have a lot of issues to work out. This may not be the year they do it but I believe we return 16-17 starters from this team because they are very young. Haven’t yet given up hope that they get it figured out. 

3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Ehhhh 😂 Truthfully they have a lot of issues to work out. This may not be the year they do it but I believe we return 16-17 starters from this team because they are very young. Haven’t yet given up hope that they get it figured out. 

I read and hear  there are lots of disgruntled fans and parents   Listening to them they have reason to be. But I know there is at least 2 sides to a story 

I think Gilmer has improved a lot, but this D-line of PG is just good man. There front 7 in general are extremely good. I'm not sure Gilmer will be able to have an answer for them. I could be wrong, but I'm going to say PG by 17. 

44 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

No we didn’t play a good second half this week for sure but let it be said by me we coming to pg to play. And as I said before the only people that beat us is ourselves. Hope we stop that before the playoffs 

If PG beats Gilmer please don't cry about the refs, or we didn't play well. 

7 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

No we didn’t play a good second half this week for sure but let it be said by me we coming to pg to play. And as I said before the only people that beat us is ourselves. Hope we stop that before the playoffs 

I agree with you on most of what you said, but Gilmer did not beat themselves against Carthage. Both played kind of sloppy at times, but Gilmer only rushed for 27 yards on the Dawgs. 

Gilmer is dang sure improved from last year and I truly believe they will play PG twice this year. 

Going to be a great game. 

I'm totally with C&C on this one. I think this is the first of two matchups between these two teams. I feel like they're the best Region II has to offer, Connally not withstanding. It's clear that Gilmer has taken some big leaps this season, getting closer to true Gilmer form. I just don't know if that's enough to beat this Hawks group. PG takes this one at home by two possessions. The postseason matchup, if and when it happens, will be decided by one possession.

Gilmer fans - QB1 is going to have some major problems with the PG D-line.  Could this be the game QB2 finally takes over by leading the Bux offense into the teeth of the PG D with success?  If the Gilmer D can keep it close into halftime I believe the adjustment happens in the 3rd quarter and this game ends up being the barn burner everyone hopes it will be.  If not PG will pull away in the second half and win by 3 scores.

• Like 1

I think PG will just be a little much for us this time around. I haven't seen enough on the offensive side of the ball to tell me otherwise. Hopefully we stay in the game, give a good run and gain confidence for the next time that I believe we will play. The 4 the round game in the end is the one that will matter. 

On 10/12/2019 at 8:59 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I've seen both. Just don't see PG losing.

Is #6 back and healthy? He's a difference maker. Like to seen him healthy against Carthage.

For PG that is?

everyone is back except the two that are out for the season

16 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I always yell for Gilmer when not playing Carthage or Tatum, but that front four of PG is something else.

If number 6 is back and 100 %, I just don't know if Gilmer can handle the rush from PG.

PG by 14 

hes back

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Gilmer fans - QB1 is going to have some major problems with the PG D-line.  Could this be the game QB2 finally takes over by leading the Bux offense into the teeth of the PG D with success?  If the Gilmer D can keep it close into halftime I believe the adjustment happens in the 3rd quarter and this game ends up being the barn burner everyone hopes it will be.  If not PG will pull away in the second half and win by 3 scores.

Agree. 

Can Gilmer win this game? I believe so but we can’t run the ball 40 times, and we HAVE to have great QB play. We have the team to get it done. Its gonna come down to play calling on offense and when we are on defense not giving up 3rd down conversions. Really looking forward to seeing this game either way!!!!

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I totally agree!!!!

The PG defensive line is a special group. You will have a difficult time blocking Jackson one on one. He creates disruption and causes the QB to hurry his throw. If you double team him, that creates an opportunity for someone else to pressure the QB in passing situations...look for several "batted balls" at the line of scrimmage. The PG DL is extremely strong against the run. To be as big as they are, they are all in really good shape. The only team that wore them down was Carthage, and it was late in the game.  Also, having Martin back this week at LB is huge. He is a difference maker on the field.