BIGTEX1972

Gilmer vs PG  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gilmer
    • PG

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, GTownballer said:

Shout out to the Gilmer Oline, if there  is a game ball to be given, they get it, along with Mr. Bush, he carried the load all night, and he did a hell of job, picking up the DEs on pass blocking, take away the turnovers, and the DBs going to sleep on the long PG pass plays, it could of very easily been a different ball game, I suspect this game will be played again and on a neutral site,, kudos to the defense they got the stops needed to give Gilmer the opportunity, other than the 2 long pass plays, and certainly not taking anything away from the PG defense, because they are as billed, but Gilmer certainly had the chances, but turnovers will bite you in these kinds of games, and they bit Gilmer just enough, Eddie Rays fumble going into the end zone for a touch back was just a back breaker, hate it for him, because he had a great game! Congrats to PG, and good luck the rest of the way and hope to see you again around the 4th round!

I agree that the Gilmer O line did a great job. I think they only allowed 3 sacks and that was when the QB was scrambling. My game ball goes to # 11 for the Hawks. He looked like a 7th grade player compared to #4 and he had a pick and broke up three other jump balls to # 4. His vertical was incredible. my goof ups of the game go to the 2 false starts when it’s 4th and short for the hawks. Play of the game goes to Nick Martin for stripping the football for the touchback.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawknation03 said:

I agree that the Gilmer O line did a great job. I think they only allowed 3 sacks and that was when the QB was scrambling. My game ball goes to # 11 for the Hawks. He looked like a 7th grade player compared to #4 and he had a pick and broke up three other jump balls to # 4. His vertical was incredible. my goof ups of the game go to the 2 false starts when it’s 4th and short for the hawks. Play of the game goes to Nick Martin for stripping the football for the touchback.

In the official stats Marcus had 3 sacks, Nick had 1, and Tory had 1

1 minute ago, Hawk20 said:

In the official stats Marcus had 3 sacks, Nick had 1, and Tory had 1

Ok I was trying to remember how many. Thanks for correcting that. BTW that sack from Burris when he was on the ground and got back up and sacked # 11 was awesome. I can’t imagine what he and Jackson will be like as seniors! SCARY!

Just now, Hawknation03 said:

Ok I was trying to remember how many. Thanks for correcting that. BTW that sack from Burris when he was on the ground and got back up and sacked # 11 was awesome. I can’t imagine what he and Jackson will be like as seniors! SCARY!

Both of those false starts came from guys rotating in at TE.  We have 5 different guys who line up there and they get a little jumpy.  The regular O Line dont jump very often.

Just now, Hawk20 said:

Both of those false starts came from guys rotating in at TE.  We have 5 different guys who line up there and they get a little jumpy.  The regular O Line dont jump very often.

Right once on Landon and once on Marcus. I understand these guys are used to firing off.. 

18 hours ago, regaleagle said:

BTW......Sunnyvale is 6-0 and has a good football team in Division 2 Region 2 if you want to follow a possible contender for PG and Gilmer.  

Not impressed with their schedule the highest Texas ranked team they have played is Caddo Mills at 343 and based on the rest of their schedule it doesn’t look like they will face a tough team until playoffs. I understand you can only play who your scheduled but Sunnyvale should really consider A top 100 team to play. Reminds me of When PG destroyed Graham and Iowa Park in the last 2 semi finals. They were also blowing out their schedule also. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, regaleagle said:

BTW......Sunnyvale is 6-0 and has a good football team in Division 2 Region 2 if you want to follow a possible contender for PG and Gilmer.  

Cmon Man!  Regal this must be a joke.   Are you trying to be funny.  LOL 

Yes Sunnyvale is unbeaten but if they meet up with PG it will get ugly.  Brownsboro scored 42 pts against mighty Sunnyvale. 

2 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Cmon Man!  Regal this must be a joke.   Are you trying to be funny.  LOL 

Yes Sunnyvale is unbeaten but if they meet up with PG it will get ugly.  Brownsboro scored 42 pts against mighty Sunnyvale. 

Pretty much what I really wanted to say! 🤔

1 hour ago, BIGTEX1972 said:

Gilmer was 4-6 last year and blew Undefeated Sunnyvale first round last year. They play no one

Yep... Sunnyvale doesn’t scare me. But hey they did beat PG in the 7 on 7 championship game.. so maybe.........naw PG would whip them bad with pads on!!!

On 10/19/2019 at 1:58 PM, Hawknation03 said:

Not impressed with their schedule the highest Texas ranked team they have played is Caddo Mills at 343 and based on the rest of their schedule it doesn’t look like they will face a tough team until playoffs. I understand you can only play who your scheduled but Sunnyvale should really consider A top 100 team to play. Reminds me of When PG destroyed Graham and Iowa Park in the last 2 semi finals. They were also blowing out their schedule also. 

Sunnyvale was 10-0 last year and lost to fourth place Gilmer in the first round.

• Like 1