UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

On 10/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, Slickarick said:

im ok with 235.5 to 240.5 on 2A. Bring some other players into the mix and make the realignment districts interesting

That will probably raise the cutoff between 2A D1 and D2 and potentially drop some longtime D1s down, which would likely make D2 much more competitive. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

That will probably raise the cutoff between 2A D1 and D2 and potentially drop some longtime D1s down, which would likely make D2 much more competitive. We’ll see. 

I would like to see that. But the UIL and logic hardly ever go hand in hand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Don't hate the player, just hate the game. 

42 players in Varsity helmets, 120+ kids in the band, sideline full on JV and a freshman team!  There must not be one kid walking the halls thats not associated with football or the band!!??  Yet ATL’s enrollment is 3A🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

Here is last years cut off numbers, and everything usually bumps about 10 kids, if I remember correctly
 https://www.uiltexas.org/athletics/conference-cutoffs

2018-2019 & 2019-2020

CONFERENCE CUTOFFS
6A 2190 and Above 254 Schools (Basketball) 252 Schools (Football)
5A 1150 - 2189 253 schools (Basketball) 252 schools (Football)
4A 505-1149 189 schools (Basketball) 182 schools (Football)
3A 225 - 504 232 schools (Basketball) 211 schools (Football)
2A 105 - 224 198 schools (Basketball) 187 schools (Football)
1A 104.9 and below 212 schools (Basketball) 142 schools (Football)

1A – 5A FOOTBALL DIVISION I AND DIVISION II NUMBERS
1A Division I 55.5 – 104.9 73 schools
1A Division II 55 and below 69 schools
2A Division I 161.5 – 224 94 schools
2A Division II 105 – 161.4 93 schools
3A Division I 335 – 504 106 schools
3A Division II 225 – 334 105 schools
4A Division I 790 – 1149 92 schools
4A Division II 505 – 789 90 schools
5A Division I 1840 – 2189 127 schools
5A Division II 1150 – 1839 125 schools

17 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

42 players in Varsity helmets, 120+ kids in the band, sideline full on JV and a freshman team!  There must not be one kid walking the halls thats not associated with football or the band!!??  Yet ATL’s enrollment is 3A🤣🤣

Just now, StangtilDeath said:

Y'all must have some hurt? I think I counted 42 at the HS game

We always have someone hurt. McClure said on the radio it was 35 though but who knows. It makes no difference. That's less than 10% of the kids in the high school. Band is a different story. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

We always have someone hurt. McClure said on the radio it was 35 though but who knows. It makes no difference. That's less than 10% of the kids in the high school. Band is a different story. 

Yea, think I mentioned on the HS/Atlanta thread that y'all had some big kids in the band lol

HS suffers from it too, turnout usually isn't what it could be.

1 minute ago, StangtilDeath said:

Yea, think I mentioned on the HS/Atlanta thread that y'all had some big kids in the band lol

HS suffers from it too, turnout usually isn't what it could be.

Big kids gonna keep going to the band too until we start living up to expectations on the football field. 

37 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

It will be very close. If Van drops North Lamar most likely will too

Have heard North Lamar has lost lots of students. If they drop, maybe they will come in the district with PG and Gilmer. It would help on scheduling non conference games....four is better than five.

• Like 1

Atlanta should still be safely in 3A, despite the constant move-ins from QC. Not sure what is going on over there, but it's not good. It's not athletes either. If anything, we'll lose athletes to QC due to them not getting playing time in Atlanta. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Atlanta should still be safely in 3A, despite the constant move-ins from QC. Not sure what is going on over there, but it's not good. It's not athletes either. If anything, we'll lose athletes to QC due to them not getting playing time in Atlanta. 

We used to lose athletes to Kilgore and Gladewater but now I’m not sure we will have to worry about that for the time being. Sabine has been growing as well. New houses consistently being build. From what I hear the middle school and elementary are almost at capacity. We are safe in 3A div 1 but I’m real interested in seeing what our number is. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 🚨 SNAPSHOT DAY 🚨
  • Mr. P locked this topic
  • RETIREDFAN1 unpinned this topic