UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m an outsider looking in..... but if TISD is gerrymandering the district like you guys are suggesting.... 

then why do it to boost Lee?  Why not carve it in a way that JT and Lee could both be 5A D1 and at least be district rivals again....?

Or are there too many students to make that happen? 

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I’m an outsider looking in..... but if TISD is gerrymandering the district like you guys are suggesting.... 

then why do it to boost Lee?  Why not carve it in a way that JT and Lee could both be 5A D1 and at least be district rivals again....?

I'm an outsider as well. It looks like it would be close on both being 5A D1 with gerrymandering. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

they are doing to get most of the good players at lee.

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

You would have to look at the old zones vs the new zones to understand the situation.  The new zones aren't drawn in a gerrymandering pattern. The problem is that when they rezoned, they made JT's zone smaller, and they took away areas that historically went to JT.

Lee's zone is now larger than JT's, which makes no sense because all of the major growth in Tyler is in Lee's zone and there are probably twice the school age kids.  I guess one of the issues is that many of the kids in Lee's zone are choosing private and charters vs Lee, but that's not JT's fault.  With the new lines, Lee is going to remain larger than JT and potentially have a larger talent pool in the long run. 

You very rarely see Lee losing kids to JT, but it always happen the other way around and this is just another example. 

2 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

they are doing to get most of the good players at lee.

Like I told a Longview fan  earlier this year,  JT will the better incoming freshmen this year and the next 2 years. Boulter AND Moore have BEST talent in TISD right now. Boulter is dominating the city right now followed by Moore. JT will be VERY formidable for the next 5 years easy. 

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Like I told a Longview fan  earlier this year,  JT will the better incoming freshmen this year and the next 2 years. Boulter AND Moore have BEST talent in TISD right now. Boulter is dominating the city right now followed by Moore. JT will be VERY formidable for the next 5 years easy. 

yep.  Its long term is what concerns me.  

11 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

It was for lee to get some of JT players. The starting runningback for lee should be at JT if it wasn’t for rezoning. Stuff like that. Also I'll never forget when bergfield said he wanted lee to be in the ranks with Allen, carrol , Katy one day. Now you see it with TISD trying to rezone

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

You would have to look at the old zones vs the new zones to understand the situation.  The new zones aren't drawn in a gerrymandering pattern. The problem is that when they rezoned, they made JT's zone smaller, and they took away areas that historically went to JT.

Lee's zone is now larger than JT's, which makes no sense because all of the major growth in Tyler is in Lee's zone and there are probably twice the school age kids.  I guess one of the issues is that many of the kids in Lee's zone are choosing private and charters vs Lee, but that's not JT's fault.  With the new lines, Lee is going to remain larger than JT and potentially have a larger talent pool in the long run. 

You very rarely see Lee losing kids to JT, but it always happen the other way around and this is just another example. 

To add on to this. They are building a new subdivision right now called Lindsey Crossing. It's on the west side of Tyler which is great. The only downside is when they redrew the lines. It will be zoned Lee. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Well there are rumors that TISD is planning to rezone again.

I promise you they will rezone again. To much growth happening in Lee school zone. They will have to build a new elementary and middle school eventually. That's why I hate that they shut Stewart Middle school down and made it an early college school. 

6 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Like I told a Longview fan  earlier this year,  JT will the better incoming freshmen this year and the next 2 years. 

JT will have a good group coming in next year, but better than LV? I don't see it. Especially for years after. Judson 8th has some of the best talent I've seen come out of there in a long time. Just won their first outright city ship in two decades. Foster and FP will provide their usual talent too.

In 8th, Moore barely beat Foster who is the 2nd best in LV this year. When that group was in 7th last year, they tied 20-20. Foster was still 2nd best behind Judson. 

Now....I'm not understanding at all why you think the 2025 group will be so much better at JT.

Foster 7th smoked Moore 7th 46-27 this year...Foster and Judson are both very good. Almost equal, slight edge to Foster. FP not lighting up the W column but the skill position talent is there.

I'd like to see Boulter against Judson or Foster next year since realignment is here.

Just now, VonG said:

I promise you they will rezone again. To much growth happening in Lee school zone. They will have to build a new elementary and middle school eventually. That's why I hate that they shut Stewart Middle school down and made it an early college school. 

You're right. I would like for TISD to give JT Butler college and the Spur back. Now with JT and Lee bew schools opening up, its going to be interesting. 

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

JT will have a good group coming in next year, but better than LV? I don't see it. Especially for years after. Judson 8th has some of the best talent I've seen come out of there in a long time. Just won their first outright city ship in two decades. Foster and FP will provide their usual talent too.

In 8th, Moore barely beat Foster who is the 2nd best in LV this year. When that group was in 7th last year, they tied 20-20. Foster was still 2nd best behind Judson. 

Now....I'm not understanding at all why you think the 2025 group will be so much better at JT.

Foster 7th smoked Moore 7th 46-27 this year...Foster and Judson are both very good. Almost equal, slight edge to Foster. FP not lighting up the W column but the skill position talent is there.

I'd like to see Boulter against Judson or Foster next year since realignment is here.

Disregard @CUJONATION83.

You were saying better in terms of Lee which is no doubt.

Any chance any of them Moore kids land at Lee with it being a magnet?

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

With this Boulter AND Moore 8th grade classes both coming to JT(60 to 70% of Moore will be going to JT), they in conjunction with the 9th grade class at JT already, will have JT LOADED. I mean within 1 to 2 years, JT will contend for state in 5A D1. There is a TON of talent heading JT'S way the  next 2 to 3 years. 

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Disregard @CUJONATION83.

You were saying better in terms of Lee which is no doubt.

Any chance any of them Moore kids land at Lee with it being a magnet?

Yes,  Moore is JT'S feeder school (for now anyways 🤣), but 30% of their kids in athletics are magnet kids who live outside JT'S attendance zone. In reality, JT gets 1.5 feeder schools because of the magnet status of Moore and rezoning. Lee as all of 3 Lakes,  Hubbard, Hogg, and part of Moore. Lee will have more players in quantity, but JT got them beat by a country mile in quality and ability. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 🚨 SNAPSHOT DAY 🚨
  • Mr. P locked this topic
  • RETIREDFAN1 unpinned this topic