UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I had a friend at ETBU.... 

Mailing address was Jersey Village
But he graduated from Aldine EIsenhower
Phone Number said Melrose Park
If you asked him where he was from..... Houston.

Go figure.

When I lived in Baltimore and mentioned I was from "East Texas" the reaction almost always was something to the effect of "I've heard Houston is really nice."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

I have not. It was expected to be close.   PG going open enrollment shook things up in Texarkana

Is PG still considered a white flight school?  

I know it was in the 90s and early 2000s. But usually the demographics even out and then another school becomes the new white flight school. 

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

Is PG still considered a white flight school?  

I know it was in the 90s and early 2000s. But usually the demographics even out and then another school becomes the new white flight school. 

I guess it depends on how one views it. At one time, PG could not take any white transfer students.  PG is one of the most diverse schools in Texarkana. It is still predominately white. I think it is around 70% white.

47 minutes ago, hwy35tigers said:

Your situation could be interesting if you do drop. Lived in Palestine for a long time, so am familiar with the area.  Question, do they fold you into district 8 which has Rogers and Lexington or do they carve a little. You are close to Anderson-Shiro and Buffalo. Notice last few alignment Uil has chosen an East-West alignment in 3A in your area.

Idk last time we played in d2 our district was leon hearne marlin ( all 3 2a now) buffalo lexington and trinity (3ad1)... Im thinking maybe franklin lexington rogers buffalo new waverly and anderson shiro would be the district

12 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Didn't uil fool people about 8 years ago and drop the cutoff from the previous cycle? Like they caught everybody napping or somthin.. Seems like they did that once.. 

cut off numbers used to keep same quanity schools in divisions. that's why such along time between snapshot and number release.

5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Idk last time we played in d2 our district was leon hearne marlin ( all 3 2a now) buffalo lexington and trinity (3ad1)... Im thinking maybe franklin lexington rogers buffalo new waverly and anderson shiro would be the district

I was thinking something similar, I'm sure Lexington and Rogers may not like that drive to New Waverly.

4 hours ago, tomlandry said:

Is there any precedent for a 9 team district 

There are several 9 team districts scattered around the state in 5A right now.  I’d have to look... but probably a few for 6A too. 

4 hours ago, tomlandry said:

Is there any precedent for a 9 team district. 

I know there are quite a few of them. Districts 12-15 in 6A division 1 are all 9 team districts.District 28 6A D1 is actually a 10 team district full of teams in San Antonio 

District 3 5A D1 is a 9 team as is district 13 5A D1 which is also full of teams in San Antonio. 16 5A D1 is a 10 team district in the Brownsville area

Without writing a book, there are many more 9 team districts out there. Seems to be much more common now than say 20 years ago where a towns like Frisco weren't building 10 high schools (with 2 new additional high schools in the works)

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

A Marshall scrimmage may be more beneficial to both schools than playing in the regular season... I could see a "sold out" scrimmage atmosphere :p 

If they dropped the game that would be a good compromise. Convert the game into an annual scrimmage. Same for Lufkin/Nac

10 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

I have not. It was expected to be close.   PG going open enrollment shook things up in Texarkana

Can a school without multiple high schools in the ISD be an open enrollment school?  I know Red Lick and Leary ISDs don't have high schools so I guess they can go to any school in Texarkana, but can a kid in Texarkana or LE district go to PG and participate in any UIL activities?

14 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Can a school without multiple high schools in the ISD be an open enrollment school?  I know Red Lick and Leary ISDs don't have high schools so I guess they can go to any school in Texarkana, but can a kid in Texarkana or LE district go to PG and participate in any UIL activities?

I'm thinking so..... Hallsville ISD is open enrollment and they have a percentage of white flight students that actually live in Longview and Marshall ISD's.  They just have to pay a "tuition" to attend.  Participating in UIL activities doesn't seem to be an issue.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I'm thinking so..... Hallsville ISD is open enrollment and they have a percentage of white flight students that actually live in Longview and Marshall ISD's.  They just have to pay a "tuition" to attend.  Participating in UIL activities doesn't seem to be an issue.

hmmm.  So if a star player from a nearby school wants to go there, they can just pay and play.