UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Can a school without multiple high schools in the ISD be an open enrollment school?  I know Red Lick and Leary ISDs don't have high schools so I guess they can go to any school in Texarkana, but can a kid in Texarkana or LE district go to PG and participate in any UIL activities?

PG is "limited", meaning you have to apply...acceptance is based on grades, test scores, disciplinary record, and room in the grade level. For example, I do not think PG can accept any transfers in to the 9th grade because they do not have room in that class. They have over 225 9th graders. A student would have to physically live in the district. As far as moving for athletic purposes, as long as the transfer sits out a year, then he /she is eligible the following year for varsity sports. 

15 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Is PG still considered a white flight school?  

I know it was in the 90s and early 2000s. But usually the demographics even out and then another school becomes the new white flight school. 

Not like it once was. Several neighborhoods have a number of Section 8 houses.

17 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Here is some more info on teams moving into or out of 5A Div II that could affect East Texas

Cleburne, Midlothian, and Red Oak are all projected to move up to D1.  The trouble is...  Cle and Mid are in district 5.... which is a MASSIVE 9 team district that spreads from Aledo, to Waco, to Seguin (San Antonio).  Meanwhile Red Oak is in an 8 team DISD district (District 6).

Texas High seems to be a Wildcard moving down to 5A-D2

But Kaufman is likely to drop to 4A-D1. Crandall is probably moving up to 5A-D2

Have you seen Dallas area #'s?? I would be shocked to see Kaufman come down and Crandall go up. Kaufman has never been smaller than Crandall!!

3 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Have you seen Dallas area #'s?? I would be shocked to see Kaufman come down and Crandall go up. Kaufman has never been smaller than Crandall!!

DCTF has Kaufman at 1,189 and Crandall at 1,314

On 10/26/2019 at 11:25 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Ok, I'm going to try a more educated guess with what we know.

Right now, Longview is going to be counted as going down.
Royse City and North Forney should be also be moving up to D1.
Sherman was at 1,937 last go around, so I don't think they're going down.
We still haven't heard about Texas High, so until we have a number, we'll consider them D1.
We did find out from Stepp/DCTF that Mesquite Poteet turned in 1,813 so that is 5A D2 numbers.

So that gives us Longview, John Tyler, Sherman, West Mesquite, Wylie East, North Forney, Royse City, Texas High and McKinney North on the east side of things. Do they do an 9-team district? It's possible. They might not have a choice.

Highland Park has turned in a number that's mighty close to 6A. Lancaster will stay D1, Mansfield Legacy & Timberview will have Mansfield Summit join them from 6A. None of the DISD schools should drop.

But then you have a ton of schools over in the West DFW area that seem to be moving up. Aledo will be right on the line, Burleson Centennial turned in numbers very close to 1900, Cleburne turned in numbers above 1900. 

It'll be really interesting to see what they do out West. El Paso Eastwood doesn't have a number out, but they were up against the line last alignment. El Paso Eastlake is over 2300, so they're moving up. El Paso Chapin is below the 5A D2 line now so they're dropping. That's potentially just three El Paso schools. They'd have to put with them with the Lubbock/Amarillo schools, which would create a ripple effect as Region I would be down to just 3 districts. 

But really, I think the district has to be a 9-team district cause there's just no where for anyone else to go...so...
- John Tyler
- Longview
- McKinney North 
- North Forney 
- Royse City
- Sherman
- Texas High
- West Mesquite
- Wylie East

If Texas High drops, then an 8-team district would be perfect imo. 

Where are you getting the information that RC is moving up? They are expecting to stay in D2. Just wondering if you had a source. 

2 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Where are you getting the information that RC is moving up? They are expecting to stay in D2. Just wondering if you had a source. 

DCTF had them turning in 1904, which would be 5A D1. 

But they've since removed it, so maybe they're redoing the numbers?

21 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Here is some more info on teams moving into or out of 5A Div II that could affect East Texas

Cleburne, Midlothian, and Red Oak are all projected to move up to D1.  The trouble is...  Cle and Mid are in district 5.... which is a MASSIVE 9 team district that spreads from Aledo, to Waco, to Seguin (San Antonio).  Meanwhile Red Oak is in an 8 team DISD district (District 6).

Texas High seems to be a Wildcard moving down to 5A-D2

But Kaufman is likely to drop to 4A-D1. Crandall is probably moving up to 5A-D2

Could something like this be possible?

8-5A
Texas High
Sulphur Springs
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Lindale
Mount Pleasant
Greenville

9-5A
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Forney
Terrell
Crandall
Ennis 
Corsicana

Pretty sure that is Arlington Seguin, and they are losing another team out of that district as well...  Burleson Centennial turned in 1899 so they will be going D1 as well.

10 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

If they dropped the game that would be a good compromise. Convert the game into an annual scrimmage. Same for Lufkin/Nac

I don’t even want to play them in a scrimmage. It would just be fighting in the stands and on the field since both fanbases would probably be on the same side. And it wouldn’t help us. If we can’t schedule Huntsville for a real game, then i hope we stick with them or New Caney for a scrimmage. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

DCTF had them turning in 1904, which would be 5A D1. 

But they've since removed it, so maybe they're redoing the numbers?

Ok. I have a Brother up there and they sure are hoping they stay D2 for 2 more years. The move up will be inevitable soon, if not this realignment. They are finally fielding a competitive D2 team. 

1 hour ago, Qcsnowflakes said:

Pretty sure that is Arlington Seguin, and they are losing another team out of that district as well...  Burleson Centennial turned in 1899 so they will be going D1 as well.

That makes much more sense.  

Even with Waco U that district... Seguin seemed like a reach. 

But with the UIL... I’ve seen stranger things