Palestine @ Van

Vandalman

Van or Pali?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

I think something like 28-14 or 28-21 Van unless Moffatt is starting at QB, then probably 35-14 or 35-21. I think Palestine RB is good but not sure if their O-line will hold up against our D.

Buddy of mine from Carthage said the backup qb is legit. Seems van split qb last year. Did one graduate and one get hurt?

54 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Buddy of mine from Carthage said the backup qb is legit. Seems van split qb last year. Did one graduate and one get hurt?

Yes, one of the qb's last year graduated. The other one is hurt. They pulled the JV starting qb up to varsity and he got hurt. The one that started last week is the JV backup. 

32 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

This game should tell us a lot about Palestine and how the playoff spots are likely to go. Palestine has been pretty scrappy the past couple of years but just couldn't seem to pull it together and hang for 4 quarters. 

I could Definitely see the playoff spots as Carthage, Van/Kilgore & Palestine with Henderson on the outside looking in.

I think this game will be close, My heart say Wildcats by 4, but my gut says Van by 7. If Palestine is to win this one, the will need to play great defense and be more balanced on the offensive side of the ball. Don't think they can run Davis and Conley all night against Van's defense. They are going to have to throw the ball some to keep the Vandals honest.