Topcat: Gone but Not Forgotten

futfan

It has been ten years (15th) since Carl's passing, but every time I drive into the lot for a game, he always appears in my thoughts.

Pulling out after the Carthage game had me nervous, as it was even more crowded than that fateful night.

I miss our interactions...

• Like 2

One of his last posts. Talking smack and still being classy!

On 10/15/2010 at 2:02 PM, Topcat said:

Disney2007107.jpg

Does LE have a new drum called PG???

I heard some kids talking about beating PG "all night long"??

Anyways it should be an enjoyable game for the visitor side and hopefully PG will walk away injury free and live to play another week. j/k

Good luck to the Hawks but hopefully just a little better luck for LE... either way I think both make the playoffs.ThumbsUpSmiley2.jpg

• Like 6

On 10/17/2019 at 2:11 PM, futfan said:

It has been ten years (15th) since Carl's passing, but every time I drive into the lot for a game, he always appears in my thoughts.

Pulling out after the Carthage game had me nervous, as it was even more crowded than that fateful night.

I miss our interactions...

What happened?

1 hour ago, Racer55 said:

What happened?

He was struck by a truck leaving the LE vs PG game at Pleasant Grove in 2010.

PG's overflow parking is across the street from the school.. he was crossing the street when a truck hit them. He saved his daughter as she only ended up suffering a broken leg.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I miss him, too.  He was always there to watch his son play, and we would meet up every time we played L-E.  The first time we met was when he and his daughter drove to Rose Stadium in Tyler to watch Gilmer play in the Classic on a Thursday night.  They sat with my family for a good portion of that game.  I only met his son briefly after a game in Gilmer.  He was certainly good people. 

On 10/19/2019 at 11:23 AM, WiseGuy said:

It's actually only been 9 years..but miss him nonetheless..

Carl was a great guy. I'll never forget that night. That scene will live with me forever. 

Rest easy Carl..

Yea, I am old and forgetful. I often confuse the year of graduation with the year of football seasons with both my boys.

Going to be a large crowd from PG at the game, they allocated 1300 tickets for the Hawks, and folks are wondering if they will be able to go.

3 hours ago, futfan said:

Yea, I am old and forgetful. I often confuse the year of graduation with the year of football seasons with both my boys.

Going to be a large crowd from PG at the game, they allocated 1300 tickets for the Hawks, and folks are wondering if they will be able to go.

Did the same thing when Arkansas High and Texas High have played at our stadium.

Our visitor side is small just like PG's