Newton @ New Waverly

Purpleforever

In spite of what hardcore says I think the Newton gang was loafing against Hemphill. Lord knows I don't wanna take anything away from the Hornets. I hope they are as good as advertised. They deserve a good year, as long as they have been in the doldrums. I will be cheering them on with gusto.  However, experience tells me any team that can come back in the second half, and totally dominate the same team they played in the first half says we are talking effort, as apposed to talent.

I don't mean to criticize a team that I like a whole lot. It's just one of those things that teams go through sometimes. You underestimate, or play down to your competition. Newton has had games like that, even before, and during their championship runs.

However, I am waiting anxiously the game with Anderson Shiro. They might give the Eagles a pretty good run for their 💰 It looks like, we may have a better district than I thought. Corrigan Camden is looking pretty good as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

In spite of what hardcore says I think the Newton gang was loafing against Hemphill. Lord knows I don't wanna take anything away from the Hornets. I hope they are as good as advertised. They deserve a good year, as long as they have been in the doldrums. I will be cheering them on with gusto.  However, experience tells me any team that can come back in the second half, and totally dominate the same team they played in the first half says we are talking effort, as apposed to talent.

I don't mean to criticize a team that I like a whole lot. It's just one of those things that teams go through sometimes. You underestimate, or play down to your competition. Newton has had games like that, even before, and during their championship runs.

However, I am waiting anxiously the game with Anderson Shiro. They might give the Eagles a pretty good run for their 💰 It looks like, we may have a better district than I thought. Corrigan Camden is looking pretty good as well.

Hemphill has a really young team. I think they may be a force to reckon with next year. They busted two big plays to score 2 of their Touchdowns last week against Newton in the first half.  They tried to run around the outside in the second half, and that wasn't working for them should've stuck to what was. But it probably wouldn't have made much difference.  They are pretty good however and will possibly win a game in the playoffs.  Looking forward to Anderson Shiro but, it will most likely be more of the same. Newton by 30+