Pittsburg vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

7 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

I may be wrong but I seemed to me like the first half the bux were trying to work out the passing kinks that's plagued them.  Second half they took control

Yea hurt actually had some good passes, we had some key drops but it was nice we could put in a different QB to just run it 

A few quick observations:

1. 1st key to game was Gilmer defense in the first half. Gilmer offense couldn't get out of its own way, and kept trying to throw the ball on a rainy night. But Gilmer defense came up big when it needed to and kept the game at zero through halftime. 

2. 2nd key was putting in Tennison at QB in the 3rd quarter. This is not a statement on who should be the starting QB. But in the rain, the passing game wasn't working. The threat of a running QB totally changed the dynamics of the game. 

3. Finally, when Gilmer got ahead, they put their foot on Pittsburg's throat.  They moved to a quick tempo, run it down their throat running attack. Pitt players were going both ways and were exhausted. Gilmer just ran basically two running plays over and over again. That was what Gilmer used to do to teams all the time. 

I didn't see Davion Smith dressed tonight. Hope he is back soon. He is probably Gilmer's best safety, and he is a great change of pace running back.  Game ball again would have to go to Bush. Just a beast again tonight. 

• Like 4