Melissa at Argyle

CrankyOldMan

From the news I'm reading Argyle is in the process right now of substantially adding on to the new middle school to become the new high school.  It has more room for the expansion......and the high school facilities right now will become the middle school as soon as the construction is complete.  I guess they will build a new stadium and the whole works........evidently they are behind in their growth planning.  Celina already did it with a new high school complete with state of the art stadium and other sport fields.......very very nice with plenty of room for future expansion onto that.  Springtown is exploding out there and so is Boyd.  They cannot build the houses fast enough......the growth in those two areas is just unbelievable!  Decatur is already busting at the seams........and  little 'ol Argyle is growing slowly compared to all of these 4A-D1's........no kidding!  Not sure Krum has seen the growth yet.......but Aubrey is also exploding.  Sanger and Gainesville slowly like Argyle.  Celina, Melissa, Anna, Springtown, Decatur........and all the other 2A/3A small "country schools above Fort Worth........just forgetaboutit!!  

Gainesville already built their new high school and stadium several years ago.

Mellissa has already won against Anna, Paris, and Celina in district play.  They have this week with Argyle and then the next two weeks against North Lamar and Sanger to complete their regular season and district play.  A win against Argyle this week puts Melissa atop of the District 7 standings and they most likely will win against their remaining two district opponents North Lamar and Sanger.  Argyle has Melissa this week, then Anna and finally Celina to end the regular season and district play still left on their schedule. A win for Argyle will keep them on top of the District 7 standings and hand Melissa one loss in district, but Argyle will still have to play Anna and Celina before the playoffs spots can be determined.

If Melissa wins this week's game against Argyle.......they will most likely become the District 7 Champ.  Not so for Argyle if they win.......they still have competitive games left with Anna(maybe) and Celina(definitely).  The winner of this game has the inside track to the District 7 Title for sure.  Since Celina has only one loss in district so far against Melissa, they would like to see Argyle win this week against Melissa and then face Argyle in the season finale for a chance to win and cause a 3-team tie between Melissa, Argyle, and Celina in the district standings.......all with only one loss.

I'm pretty sure that with the loss to Argyle last week, Paris has pretty much been relegated to the 4th playoff spot in District 7.  They have losses to Celina, Melissa, and Argyle already.......but have defeated Anna.  Looks like the only way for Anna to get a playoff spot is to win the rest of their district games(Celina this week, Argyle next week, and then Sanger to finish the regular season).

8 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

Not to mention he hits Cole Kirkpatrick deep for a TD on the first play.  You are looking at JR that doesn’t have a star with Rivals that will be a 4* minimum.  

This offense has played  seven games and the starters have played second half in two.  The same goes for the defense.  They had to bring the 1’s back in against LE because  the 2’s made it too close.  So go ahead and believe the defense is horrible.  It was horrible last week against the run against Paris and I will admit that if they face a defense that can shut down this offense that will matter otherwise who cares?

Friday is the test.  Balanced offense with a running QB!

Argyle has played 3 teams with a pulse and given up 35, 42 & 44 points respectively.  I expect Melissa will score 40+ as well.  If you don’t see that as an issue in the 8th game of the year, all I can say is “Bless your heart”.   News flash Argyle will play a team with a defense that can slow your offense.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Eagle stadium in Argyle holds about 5,000.......it will be capacity for sure.  The Melissa side will be filled up......they have more population than Argyle.  And the Argyle side will be totally packed with overflowing all over the stadium.  If there's one thing you can count on.......a home game this big in Argyle will bring in all kinds of fans and even the cult followers.  I've got to get there early on Friday evening.......they take all the unreserved seats and put reserved signs on them early in the day before the gates open.......for all their friends, family members, and other fans that don't have reserved season seats. Just rows of them in a game like this.  Argyle already added a whole end zone section for the band.  They have a complete student section of stands not available to anyone else.......I think that's from about the 30 to the 10 yd line.  The area around the endzone and concession/eating tables at the other endzone all the way around the fenced track will be full.  Argyle only plays 4 homes games this season......this one and the final one against Celina are the Biggies.  

With it raining I would bet on a big crowd from Melissa showing up, I could be wrong but last year when we played in Celina it rained and I bet Melissa didnt have 200 people show up.

4 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Argyle has played 3 teams with a pulse and given up 35, 42 & 44 points respectively.  I expect Melissa will score 40+ as well.  If you don’t see that as an issue in the 8th game of the year, all I can say is “Bless your heart”.   News flash Argyle will play a team with a defense that can slow your offense.  

Second that!!!!

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

From the news I'm reading Argyle is in the process right now of substantially adding on to the new middle school to become the new high school.  It has more room for the expansion......and the high school facilities right now will become the middle school as soon as the construction is complete.  I guess they will build a new stadium and the whole works........evidently they are behind in their growth planning.  Celina already did it with a new high school complete with state of the art stadium and other sport fields.......very very nice with plenty of room for future expansion onto that.  Springtown is exploding out there and so is Boyd.  They cannot build the houses fast enough......the growth in those two areas is just unbelievable!  Decatur is already busting at the seams........and  little 'ol Argyle is growing slowly compared to all of these 4A-D1's........no kidding!  Not sure Krum has seen the growth yet.......but Aubrey is also exploding.  Sanger and Gainesville slowly like Argyle.  Celina, Melissa, Anna, Springtown, Decatur........and all the other 2A/3A small "country schools above Fort Worth........just forgetaboutit!!  

Gainesville already built their new high school and stadium several years ago.

Melissa has built a new high school that they are still currently building onto. They are also building a new 120 yard indoor practice facility that they broke ground on a few weeks ago. In the near future im hearing they are building a 12,000 seat stadium.  

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Oh man i must not have said that very well.  The defense is the biggest weakness, i was just saying they probably aren't as bad as they have been made out to be.  Anyone that has watched much football knows that ALL offenses can be slowed down.  It very well may happen but it will take a great defense and/or a bad night on offense.   Heck last year i think they scored 65 on Celina and then scored only 27ish three weeks later against them.

11 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Oh man i must not have said that very well.  The defense is the biggest weakness, i was just saying they probably aren't as bad as they have been made out to be.  Anyone that has watched much football knows that ALL offenses can be slowed down.  It very well may happen but it will take a great defense and/or a bad night on offense.   Heck last year i think they scored 65 on Celina and then scored only 27ish three weeks later against them.

If your DC and HC are still moving guys around in the 8th game trying to find a solution for the defense it’s kind of a problem.  I do not think Argyle can out score your way to a title, not this year anyways.  You will have to play defense at some point, and based on what I have seen it ain’t happening this year against quality opponents.

Latest weather forecast for Denton area is rain (60%+) starting NOW(it just started) and all thru Friday until 7 pm.  At that time they are saying it drops off to only 20% and stays around 49 degrees the rest of the game.  If that happens......it will be cold but not raining when the game starts, hopefully.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Sounds like you guys out East might be playing in some rainy weather though as the front moves eastward with the rain still happening.  Maybe it goes North and misses you at gametime also.

If it travels thru the Metroplex South.......East Texas will be wet during the games.

AS long as it is not raining.......Hogeboom will be fine throwing the ball.  It's when the ball is wet that the passing attack suffers......just like at all levels in football.  The running game should not be too terribly affected on turf......but sometimes wet turf becomes slippery and hard to make cuts and favors the offense because they know the play and where the ball is going.

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Latest weather forecast for Denton area is rain (60%+) starting NOW(it just started) and all thru Friday until 7 pm.  At that time they are saying it drops off to only 20% and stays around 49 degrees the rest of the game.  If that happens......it will be cold but not raining when the game starts, hopefully.

Yes, we'll all be wet and cold in East Texas tomorrow night. Lol.

I would be very surprised to see a high-scoring game tomorrow night even IF the weather was nice.  I'm thinking low to mid-40's for the winning score......maybe lower, but not higher.  Argyle is not keen on putting up a lot of points just to put up points.  It happens sometimes early against lesser opponents, then the backups come in and they score several times also during the rest of the game.  But I know Coach Rodgers doesn't care about the score......only winning.  He will use whatever strategy he feels is in the team's best interest for the situation at that moment in time to try to insure the best opportunity to win the game.

6 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

LE has a pulse?