Melissa at Argyle

CrankyOldMan

9 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I really wasn’t even bringing Carthage into it. This isn’t about Carthage. That poster brought it up, not me.

And it wouldn’t be a good debate for anybody to say Argyle has a better fb program than Carthage, cause they don’t. It’s not even close. 

But honestly I was posting about Argyle in an Argyle thread. I’m glad you guys are here posting. Same as I told Regal. You guys take it pretty good on an ETX site.

Agreed, I am glad we have these Argyle fans posting on SDC.

10 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I do, I think the main point when you have backups in is to stop the destruction and second is getting valuable playing time for backups. You shouldn’t be throwing the ball even with third stringers in the game up by 50+ and under 2 minutes to go. You just shouldn’t do stuff like that.

It’s debatable. Many people will have a different opinions. I agree with you. It’s probably because of what we have seen the last decade. If Carthage ran up the score every chance we got, we would be defending the same way Argyle fans are doing. It’s just about perspective. It’s all good.

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

It’s debatable. Many people will have a different opinions. I agree with you. It’s probably because of what we have seen the last decade. If Carthage rah up the score every chance we got, we would be defending the same way Argyle fans are doing. It’s just about perspective. It’s all good.

I hear you, and we probably would, ha!

Oh yeah, I think it’s all good too. I have sat down  and spoken with Rodgers. He’s a good man and coach. Argyle is extremely fortunate to have him!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear you, and we probably would, ha!

Oh yeah, I think it’s all good too. I have sat down  and spoken with Rodgers. He’s a good man and coach. Argyle is extremely fortunate to have him!

How does Carthage put back ups in an not score?  Serious question and keep in mind when argyle is passing in second half it is possession passes.  

I promise you Argyle and Carthage are very fortunate to have their coaches!

9 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If your DC and HC are still moving guys around in the 8th game trying to find a solution for the defense it’s kind of a problem.  I do not think Argyle can out score your way to a title, not this year anyways.  You will have to play defense at some point, and based on what I have seen it ain’t happening this year against quality opponents.

Dawg, curious what you are referring to here? 

1 hour ago, Eaglesone said:

How does Carthage put back ups in an not score?  Serious question and keep in mind when argyle is passing in second half it is possession passes.  

I promise you Argyle and Carthage are very fortunate to have their coaches!

Watch any game film when the 2’s go in and the score is out of reach.  We run about 3-4 plays and the defense knows what we are going to run before we run it.

9 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

What? You are joking right? All Argyle cares about is putting up a bunch of points. Or that’s what it looks like from an outside perspective. It was 67-6 against Sanger. 62-7 against CH. 63-14 against NL. The scores against bad teams are like this every year. 

2 reasons for a good team to score 60. The opponent scores 40+. Or you like to score just to score.

I remember when y’all put 62 on the board against a 4-7 Tatum team.....

Goodness ... hard to confirm data of quarter-by-quarter scores that far back ... and sometimes we can end up comparing apples with oranges - and I have no dog in this hunt.

The 62 vs Tatum was a long time ago ... one year later than a 76-0 thrashing of West Rusk by Tatum.  Who knows what brings these things on, but they often result in bad feelings ... coaches remember ... fans remember ... kids not so much ... by the time the "getting even" comes around, the players have all changed - for that reason, all this does is hurt the kids that had nothing to do with what happened back when Shep was a pup ... 

For what it's worth, from available data it does appear Argyle puts up huge numbers more vs lesser opponents than the Bulldogs during Surratt's time there.  Some I have met say that's partly because Argyle is often placed in a district of weaker teams that are no where in their category ... there is data to definitely back that up and Argyle has definitely built a solid program in all sports - for which they should be proud ... 

I do have relatives who live within the confines of Argyle ISD and according to them, AHS fans expect the run-up - especially against Dallas ISD schools.

Why?  They had no idea ... well kinda ... but it was just an opinion that is just their opinion and too negative even to mention here.

Again ... it won't be settled on this forum cause there ain't no running up the score on paper ... homers will be homers ... and that's OK

• Stinks 1

It was only a matter of time before the 08 game resurfaced.  It was the timeout before the half to score another TD that really ticked them off....

First half of a playoff game.  Play to win.

Tatum was 5-5 going in to that game, i think, not 4-6.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

If it keeps raining I’m starting to think Melissa can pull this off tonight because of their QB.  He might be able to take over the game if it becomes a predominately run oriented game especially after reading on here Argyle’s D may not be very solid?

Just hope by some chance it’s rain free tonight.

Melissa can win this game in perfect weather.  I am not sure if rain benefits Melissa or not.  The last time Argyle played in the rain they got beat because of dropped passes and no running game.  They have a much improved running game this year.

The last time Argyle got beat in the rain it was a steady, messy, cold night and the rain never quit.  And it was against a very strong La Vega team that everyone acknowledges had a premier running game and a premier senior RB. A little difference than just playing another balanced offense like Argyle in maybe some wet on and off conditions.  Argyle should have run the ball more against La Vega......but chose to force Hogeboom to throw it in those conditions.......almost an impossible task in that game.  But Hey.......that's the past and I hope Argyle's OC learned something from that ignorance and bullheadedness.  He never really gave his offense a fair chance with all those passing calls in that ridiculous weather.  LV had a great run defense anyway.......maybe that caused him the concern.  It was definitely a weather condition that really hurt  Argyle's offense that night......but especially against a heavy run team like La Vega had.  And their power back Richards became even more effective in those conditions.  I don't think we will see near those conditions tonight.  It's been clear and dry in Argyle and Denton for about the past two hours.  I think this area of the Metroplex just might not have any rain this evening at all.