Melissa at Argyle

CrankyOldMan

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, d0tc0m said:

If Celina had run an offense similar to what they just ran against Anna, they'd have beaten Melissa by two possessions. If these two teams were to meet again, I'd suspect that kind of outcome. It was amazing watching them run some completely different offensive sets to help the walking wounded offensive line ... and have success. Granted, it's Anna. But the formations were clearly built to help Watson succeed throwing the ball, despite the injuries and inconsistency of the offensive line. They got a lot of kiddos in on the action, players I've been wanting to see them disperse the ball to this season. It was exactly what's been lacking. Even in games against lesser competition, the Bobcats just haven't been showing what they did against Anna.

In addition to that, Celina's defense is much better than Melissa's overall. The Bobcats matchup better against Argyle than the Cardinals did. And I say that, still fully aware that Argyle might hang 70 on Celina in a couple weeks. In fact, I suspect they will if the Bobcats resort back to the style of offense they ran against Melissa. Because I can guarantee the Eagles' defense will be bringing the house on every single play until the Celina offense forces them to stop, by spreading the field and getting multiple athletes involved.

Good to see a win over lowly Anna has you feeling better about your team LOL I do agree Celina matches up better against Argyle than Melissa and think Celina might stay within 3 scores.

As a Melissa fan I fear a playoff re-match against Paris far more than a playoff re-match against Celina. Looking at the brackets looks like round 2 could be Celina-La Vega...I'll be pulling for the Cats if that materializes but good luck with that matchup.

17 minutes ago, Texski said:

Good to see a win over lowly Anna has you feeling better about your team LOL I do agree Celina matches up better against Argyle than Melissa and think Celina might stay within 3 scores.

As a Melissa fan I fear a playoff re-match against Paris far more than a playoff re-match against Celina. Looking at the brackets looks like round 2 could be Celina-La Vega...I'll be pulling for the Cats if that materializes but good luck with that matchup.

Thanks Texski, your support means an awful lot to the Bobcats!

We were just happy to get past lowly Anna, to be honest. If the matchup happens, I'll be pulling for Celina against La Vega, too.

Let's all be thankful and mindful this season that our District 7 has such a good group of teams that will be going into the playoffs.  It's that time in the season and in the year to reflect back on just how fortunate we all are to once again be able to enjoy another exciting and wonderful Texas High School football season.......truly the very best high school football on Planet Earth.  Just think how really good all 4 of the District 7 teams are this season in the grand scheme of things........compared to all other high school football teams all over the nation, regardless of classification.  And we get to see them battle each other this time of the year for a district title.......that's really special if you just stop and think about it, Huh?  AND if you truly love Texas High School football.  I think most of us......if not ALL of us......are thankful deep down that we are truly blessed to be able to support these young people in our local communities to help encourage and preserve all that is good in the participation by everyone involved........including and especially the local communities. This is what makes our high school football seasons so great in Texas.......and everyone of us benefits in some way.